Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Riverside to LA commute is awful. Shoot me if that ever becomes my life.
could not agree more with that statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
could not agree more with that statement
When I saw what the rush hour commute looked like in person, I thought to myself a human being can endure just about anything.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
When I saw what the rush hour commute looked like in person, I thought to myself a human being can endure just about anything.
i knew guys who used to meet up out in riverside in a grocery store parkinglot, park their cars there and then carpool in on the 91 and it was still 2 hrs each way but they saved on gas. friday evenings expect 3 hrs as youre fighting with people trying to get out of town. f--- that. thats where i probably wouldve had to move to had i stayed in socal. the cost of living is just driving people further and further out into the desert.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
i knew guys who used to meet up out in riverside in a grocery store parkinglot, park their cars there and then carpool in on the 91 and it was still 2 hrs each way but they saved on gas. friday evenings expect 3 hrs as youre fighting with people trying to get out of town. f--- that. thats where i probably wouldve had to move to had i stayed in socal. the cost of living is just driving people further and further out into the desert.
That's crazy. LA has too be the worst planned city in the planet.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
That's crazy. LA has too be the worst planned city in the planet.
it grew organically until there was nowhere left to build. its what miami will become eventually the more they expand the roads and highways. people never need public transportation until they run out of land.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapusiv View Post
If you live somewhere nicer and not in somewhere over crowded it's very nice.
What city isn't nice if you have money? If you live on Star Island, live is grand. Easy drive to SoBe and Brickell, great scenery, breezy weather ...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Atlanta reminds me of LA more than Miami with its massive sprawl,people think nothing of driving 60 miles to work and then with all of the connectors and all of the concrete jungle of freeways and overpasses along with the bad air quality.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Atlanta reminds me of LA more than Miami with its massive sprawl,people think nothing of driving 60 miles to work and then with all of the connectors and all of the concrete jungle of freeways and overpasses along with the bad air quality.
this is why i moved down here and sadly i see them making the same mistakes!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Atlanta is a lot like LA. Good catch. The commute down I-75 from Kennesaw to inside the Perimeter is brutal. And the number of car wrecks are crazy. So many people on this board complain about Miami's traffic, but I have driven in both Atlanta and LA traffic. Miami is better. Seattle is also really bad. The constant rainy conditions and all the bridges results in some really nasty traffic. And the traffic on Long Island, NY....OMG!!!

San Francisco, on the other hand, moves somewhat orderly given it is a larger city. However, it does have a pretty good public transportation system that can't be found in LA or Atlanta.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:17 PM

140 posts, read 269,090 times
Miami's public transportation system is pretty bad, but it can still be fixed. Hopefully someone there will wake up and do something before it's too late. They need to expand the metrorail to Miami Beach and to west; but especially, they need to stop the sprawl.

When I first moved to Miami I didn't have a driving license. My license was suspended a long time before that, and living in New York City and abroad, I never saw a need to get it back. Then I moved to Miami. It took me six months to get all the paperwork in order, and during that time I had to commute from South Beach to Brickell by public transportation. I would take the bus to the Omni Center and then get on the metromover all the way to Brickell. It used to take me about 45 minutes door to door. Not too bad IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami