Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM

113 posts, read 470,150 times

Advertisements

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2007/09/25/08/543-092507osorio.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg (broken link)

Another pic of one more of the perpetrators: Jose Osorio, 21

Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,233,802 times
another one huh?

they are not very tolerant of other races, but isnt it interesting how they have changed the face of many fla cities and many of them dont want to assimilate

Old 09-25-2007, 07:55 PM

23 posts, read 82,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
another one huh?

they are not very tolerant of other races, but isnt it interesting how they have changed the face of many fla cities and many of them dont want to assimilate

Very true....Remember the days when they use to just destroy South Miami? Now they are destroying the rest of South Florida. Its a shame.

Also, any word how the young man is doing that almost was drowned to death?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,829,858 times
Funny, the accused look Mulatto and are probably part black themself. These are not blond Neo-Nazis, just doesn't make sense. Was alcohol or drugs invloved? At least the suspects were identified and caught.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 AM

440 posts, read 1,498,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixpilot View Post
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2007/09/25/08/543-092507osorio.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg (broken link)

Another pic of one more of the perpetrators: Jose Osorio, 21
This guy looks like a young Puerto Rican .... I was just down in San Juan a few months ago and these guys all look like this , plucked eyebrows and all ..... I am sure he was listening to Fat Joe or Daddy Yankee as he was dishing out the beatin !!

It is too bad as the locals in San Juan are very friendly and they would probably say this guy looked like a Nuyorican ( New Yorker ) but they get a bad name because of the "reggaeton " minority .

Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,233,802 times
first of all, it's a damn shame what they did. second, he looks like a ny-rican. the guy looks re-damn-diculous in all honesty. plucked eyebrows? wtf?

ps- yes, probably listening to daddy yankee or some other bs music. pathetic. makes me cringe. and if you think you can move northward to orlando to get away from these ppl, forget about it. it's all over the place.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,532 times
I know these kids they go to my school. I know this whole situation is kind of hectic but I am for sure the story didn't go down that way. I know the real story and I'm sorry but they didn't use the n word that way, they used it as everybody else does, as a slang not an insult. If this word is so bad it should be banished from the black community too because as a black woman I think by using the word it makes it seem like its ok. If a black person uses that word its ok but if a white person uses it its so wrong how racist is that? I'm not saying its ok that they used it but they shouldnt make such a big deal out of it and also nobody was armed with bats. What really happend was the FIU kid wanted to fight one on one but then he brought all his friends to jump in they all had big sticks im not sure what they are called. So thats when the spanish kids brought out the bats. they didnt try to drown him he fell in the water while the fight was going on and now he wants to press charges cuz he had a stiff neck??? i get that everyday be for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!! open your eyes guys

Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,530,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culchiks View Post
If this word is so bad it should be banished from the black community too because as a black woman I think by using the word it makes it seem like its ok. If a black person uses that word its ok but if a white person uses it its so wrong how racist is that? I'm not saying its ok that they used it but they shouldnt make such a big deal out of it and also nobody was armed with bats.
The black community leaders has banished the N word. Remember the whole Imus issue and when the black leaders spoke against using the word. Everyone knows its a derogatory word against blacks, it doesn't matter how it is used, its still derogatory. Ultimatly it comes down to the individual and the type of person they are if they use the word.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,829,858 times
Looks like there is two sides to every story! Lets see what the jurors believe. Oh wait, that depends on if their parents can afford a good lawyer....

Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,270,624 times
Yeah, the Hispanic-Black hatred is pretty bad in certain parts of the country. There is an all out war in the Los Angeles area right now, Mexicans vs. Blacks.

As for Cubans, a good friend of mine that lives in South Florida was saying one of the many reasons why Castro is so hated by the Cubans is because his revolution was the first time that poor blacks in that country had to be treated as equals, and the wealthy Cubans weren't having non of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami