Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 PM

440 posts, read 1,497,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
miami sucks. period. it sucks.

It does have it's downside ... I will give you that .

Old 09-26-2007, 02:06 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,224,564 times
it's downside? that place is a criminal infested, hispanic speaking only, 3rd world country of a city, with a lot of celebrities who are on their own little island. away from the crap. i cant blame them. on the other hand, go miami heat! and the U. some of my favorite teams are there

Old 09-26-2007, 02:18 PM

440 posts, read 1,497,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
it's downside? that place is a criminal infested, hispanic speaking only, 3rd world country of a city, with a lot of celebrities who are on their own little island. away from the crap. i cant blame them. on the other hand, go miami heat! and the U. some of my favorite teams are there

I would never live there but I would be lying if I said there weren't areas that I did not like in Dade County on a weekend or on a Saturday night .... Brickell , Key Biscayne , Coral Gables ( go to Houston's on a Saturday night)
South Beach ..... again would never live there but I cannot get myself to hate the place ...... hearing Spanish does not bother me , as long as people do not assume that I speak it and they are not yelling in my ear , I can deal with it .

Old 09-26-2007, 02:24 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,348,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Funny, the accused look Mulatto and are probably part black themself. These are not blond Neo-Nazis, just doesn't make sense. Was alcohol or drugs invloved? At least the suspects were identified and caught.
Blonde neo-nazi's huh? Hitler and most of his crew had black hair(as do most Germans). Many of the Jews that were killed had blonde hair. Drop the Blonde nazi equation please. Stalin didnt have blonde hair, neither did the middle east dictators, neither did Africa's dictators or mass murderers, neither did South America or Europes mass murders in general. Its not even funny. Hitler was a whacked out meth head. You didn't see Sweden or Finland hooking up with the Nazi's did you? Blonde hair has nothing to do with Nazi's or any radical group that I know of. Just more blonde discrimination. Blondes are either dumb or nazi's? Talk about ridiculous stereotypes. In case you didn't know Nazi took blonde children from their mothers and deemed them the perfect race. They tried to breed their version of a perfect race. It really didn't have much to do with blonde haired people. It was bout Germany, not blonde haired people. And all of it was based on esoteric occult crap.

Last edited by the_pines; 09-26-2007 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-26-2007, 02:38 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,495,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Some of my Hispanic neighbors call each other "******s"... why do they do this?
Who knows, maybe you should ask them why. Let us know what they say.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:11 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,348,463 times
"Nevertheless, such theorists usually accepted that considerable variety of hair and eye colour existed even within the racial categories they recognised. Contrary to a popular myth, the Nazis themselves did not discriminate against Germans who were not blonde or blue-eyed, or had only one of these features. Adolf Hitler and most Nazi officials (not to mention most Germans at the time) had dark hair and were considered to be "Aryans."

Germans "deemed" Nordic people the master race by their own ideas. Most of them didn't even have blonde hair. Nordic people are Finnish, Danes, Swedish, Icelandic. Germans started breeding programs to isolate genes and form this race. Dont be equating blonde hair to nazi's. Aryans are Arabs. Iranian peoples. Not white people. The retarded white people that claim to be Aryans have no idea what they're even talking about. They're just hateful Hitler followers.

There is almost literally nothing comparable between blonde and nazi except the doofuses that bought in to it. Hitler was breeding Nordic children(Vikings) among his other crazy lunatic ideas. So PLEASE never equate blonde and nazi together again. If you want to blame someone blame brunettes or black haired people. They are the ones who came up with the theory and bred blondes like cattle, they're the ones with all the dictators and mass murderers. Except for Alexander.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:35 PM

385 posts, read 1,893,484 times
"nigg@" and "nigg3r" are two very different words and they sound very different when you say them. i say the first all the time, yes, even with black people around, and i am not looked at like i am crazy. i don't care what you say, unless you live in 1860 it isn't a derogatory term anymore. does it have the potential to be? sure but so can virtually any word thats a verb.

not to be stereotypical but it's simply another way of calling someone "dude."

Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,259,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
Sad part is that I was in Puerto Rico for the first time recently and the locals were very , very friendly I had no problems . It seemed like more people spoke English there than in Hialeah ... the food was great , the service at hotels and restaurants good , it is a beautiful island ... but there is a huge crime wave and usually the perps look like these guys .... again the locals claim that it is New York Puerto Ricans ( Nuyoricans ) that are destroying the island and man you hear hip hop and regaetton all day and everywhere !!
The problem is, once people from these countries become "Americanized" they go downhill. For example, there may be Hispanic parents who are new to this country and are very low-key and friendly, but once their children become Americanized they get into all of this negative culture.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:44 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,153,210 times
I disagree with the comment that blacks and whites are the people who tend not to get along...and that blacks are merely "tolerated" by whites. I think this may be a personal truth which would require inner reflections as to why you are being "tolerated"...but I don't have any issues with blacks or hispanics, nor do any of the other white people I know.

I think in America people have a phobia in general of being in the minority and not seeing their neighbors that look exactly like them, but this is not merely one segment of the population rather the majority. This is why there is so much self segregation IMO.

Racism and hatred do exist, and nobody has a monopoly on it, but to think that it is whites against blacks is truely an idea that is a hundred years out of date. Nowadays, the country is much diverser, the largerst minortiy are Hispanics, whom as we see, do not have a predisposition to unifying with other minorities...

In LA there there are terrible racial attacks between Hispanics and Blacks...and as someone mentioned in Texas between Whites and Hispanics. It is all a shame...but at the same time, I don't think that these race beatings are frequent, we just have a media that sensationalizes everything in the name of ratings...

Regarding the attack, I believe the attackers were trying to beat the Black guy and wanted to add insult to injury by calling him the N word. There were also white and hispanic students getting beaten too...

These sickos NEED to be in jail, and I hope they get BIG Black men as their cellmates if you catch my drift, these wannabe murderous thugs need to be taught a lesson by the other inmates if you ask me.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,132,308 times
Blacks and Hispanics not getting along in South FL? LOL that's funny. Blacks and Hispanics are always chillin' together in Miami and the rest of South FL. They club together. Carol City (a predominantly black community) is 42% hispanic. Everytime I'm in MIA (and I'm black) I see black and hispanic people hanging together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami