Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:09 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,891 times

Advertisements

you're near me ill visit ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 01:43 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodisice View Post
Hey City guy what do you think about the north beach area 1220 Normandy. Very reasonable rate and parking? Can sign that lease today just curious what your input on the north beach area is?
That location is ok but your customer base will largely be locals and not tourists. Good luck !

Old 10-19-2015, 08:55 PM

393 posts, read 360,205 times
I would be careful about South Beach. There is a lot of construction and it is hurting many local businesses. We had an Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza that only managed to stay open for about 6 months and they are something of a local legend.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:13 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,945,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodisitalianice View Post
Hey thank you, does the Wynwood neighborhood have a night life? And also do they get a decent amount of tourist? My parents were just down there and they really liked the Wynwood neighborhood, but I was more on the fence because they said its not in the greatest area I guess. Not that I'm concerned about being in a rough area just wouldn't want to open a location and then for all the locals to be like I would come but why did you open in this location? Sorry for the 21 questions we are originally from the midwest, so lack a basic understanding of the Miami area.
You'll definitely know when you are in the Wynwood area as this is mural painted walls USA, I love the look at that once drab area that has come alive by talented artists.They do have a brewery that is very popular. To the south of this area is a rough section called Overtown as a lot of it's residents are being gentrified. There has been an effort to clean this area up by painting certain buildings, restoring Lyric Theatre and razing dilapidated houses. To the north, there is Midtown Miami that is seeing a building boom, more in the Edgewater area where the construction is occurring. To the west of Miami Avenue is still a little rough but safe, just looks old compared to the newness of Midtown.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:31 PM

17 posts, read 13,406 times
Want to give all of you great people an update! I realized I hadn't logged back on here in a while and checked out what was going on. Getting down here we way underestimated Florida. We were basing our codes and regulations on Indiana's laws only to realize that the Florida building code is much stricter and more by the book. In Indiana where the state and local municipalities would bend the rules or interpret the codes slightly different to get you open, that is not the case down here. I am happy to day though we are probably 3 weeks from being open. I am falling more and more in live with our location each day. There aren't nearly as many tourist as south beach or even close to mid beach, but there are out of towers and a lot of enthusiastic locals. Can't wait to get the final approval to actually open the store and start spreading the word of our our off the wall flavors....Such as swedish fish, sour patch kids, wild berry skittles, starburst,baja blast a mountain dew and blue raspberry combo, horchata (popular latin rice water drink). Good news is in the meantime we got our cart approved and inspected and signed up with a commissary kitchen where we can make our product until we get open so that we can attend flea markets, swap markets, wynwood, art basel.. Thank you guys for all helping me and giving me different local opinions. I had never used City data before this but it is definitely a useful resource for out of towners. And like I have said before you all will have a free one from us either from our cart or from our store. See you guys soon!

Old 10-23-2015, 12:34 PM

Also I'm sorry guys I never proof read anything, so I always have errors.lol

Old 10-23-2015, 12:35 PM

And ace587 can't wait for you to stop in either!

Old 10-23-2015, 11:37 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodisice View Post
Want to give all of you great people an update! I realized I hadn't logged back on here in a while and checked out what was going on. Getting down here we way underestimated Florida. We were basing our codes and regulations on Indiana's laws only to realize that the Florida building code is much stricter and more by the book. In Indiana where the state and local municipalities would bend the rules or interpret the codes slightly different to get you open, that is not the case down here. I am happy to day though we are probably 3 weeks from being open. I am falling more and more in live with our location each day. There aren't nearly as many tourist as south beach or even close to mid beach, but there are out of towers and a lot of enthusiastic locals. Can't wait to get the final approval to actually open the store and start spreading the word of our our off the wall flavors....Such as swedish fish, sour patch kids, wild berry skittles, starburst,baja blast a mountain dew and blue raspberry combo, horchata (popular latin rice water drink). Good news is in the meantime we got our cart approved and inspected and signed up with a commissary kitchen where we can make our product until we get open so that we can attend flea markets, swap markets, wynwood, art basel.. Thank you guys for all helping me and giving me different local opinions. I had never used City data before this but it is definitely a useful resource for out of towners. And like I have said before you all will have a free one from us either from our cart or from our store. See you guys soon!
Congrats on you finding a location! Those flavors sound interesting too ! It would be great if you can get into one of the many events during Art Basel in December. There are many other events & festivals coming up in the Miami cultural calendar from now through next spring so I suggest you check those out too.
Best of luck!

Old 02-25-2016, 08:14 PM

14 posts, read 11,264 times
How's the store going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami