Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 6,015 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, we are a family business of Italian businesses from Northwest Indiana. We are actively looking to expand our business down to the southern Florida for more of a year round environment to sell our stuff. The neighborhoods my parents have really looked into are Wynwood, Miami, Fl and also Miami Beach, Fl. I as their son am personally leaning more towards Miami Beach, Fl because I want to be at the epicenter of activity. Any input from the locals would be much appreciated. Any neighborhood Ideas. Trying to find a place frequented by tourist, but also visited by the locals. Kind of a mixing ground between the two different groups!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 08:41 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,662,854 times
Miami Beach is a saturated market for Italian ice / gelato businesses. Just go on Yelp :
Italian ice Miami Beach, FL

Wynwood is a up & coming area in Miami with less competition and probably less expensive to set up rent wise.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Hey thank you, does the Wynwood neighborhood have a night life? And also do they get a decent amount of tourist? My parents were just down there and they really liked the Wynwood neighborhood, but I was more on the fence because they said its not in the greatest area I guess. Not that I'm concerned about being in a rough area just wouldn't want to open a location and then for all the locals to be like I would come but why did you open in this location? Sorry for the 21 questions we are originally from the midwest, so lack a basic understanding of the Miami area.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:59 AM

Well you have to understand that both neighborhoods are different. You didn't specify where in Miami Beach you want to be since South beach is completely different from other parts of Miami Beach which is more residential.

Wynwood is a residential / garment manufacturing type of area with warehouses that is gentrifying quickly. Here is a link to the area :

Wynwood Miami

It's becoming the hip area of Miami and the Design district resides just north of it on N.W. 36st. I'm not sure how vibrant the nightlife is there but there are tourists there. Of course nothing is comparable to South beach in that sense.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:32 AM

Hey thank you, so much for all the responses. We are just hoping to find a nice spot to make ourselves at home down there. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. When we do open whether it be south beach, Wynwood, or to be decided you always have a free Large Italian Ice on us!!!!

If I have any future questions, hope I can message you to pick your brain. Thanks and have a great Labor day!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:42 AM

604 posts, read 622,298 times
I'm not sure if Wynwood has the right crowd and the foot traffic to sustain an Ice Cream store.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:51 AM

Hey Oronzous. What neighborhood would you suggest we look into?

Old 09-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Looking for a neighborhood with heavy foot traffic, relatively safe lol, cross between tourist and locals…any neighborhoods come to mind?

Old 09-07-2015, 11:30 AM

471 posts, read 624,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodisitalianice View Post
Hello everyone, we are a family business of Italian businesses from Northwest Indiana. We are actively looking to expand our business down to the southern Florida for more of a year round environment to sell our stuff. The neighborhoods my parents have really looked into are Wynwood, Miami, Fl and also Miami Beach, Fl. I as their son am personally leaning more towards Miami Beach, Fl because I want to be at the epicenter of activity. Any input from the locals would be much appreciated. Any neighborhood Ideas. Trying to find a place frequented by tourist, but also visited by the locals. Kind of a mixing ground between the two different groups!!!
Italian ice business? how is it different from solid water?

Old 09-07-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
I'm not sure if Wynwood has the right crowd and the foot traffic to sustain an Ice Cream store.
oronzous? I digress! Just take a look at this business in Wynwood & read the reviews.

Zak the Baker - 317 Photos - Bakeries - Wynwood - Miami, FL - Reviews - Yelp

South beach has enough pizzerias & gelato / Italian ice places whereas Wynwood is growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami