Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 12:56 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,906,005 times

Advertisements

Wish we could have one in Kendall but we're not touristy or walk friendly, so not what you're looking for. I love Italian Ice and I also prefer it to ice cream by far. So much more refreshing! Does anyone know of any in this area? We had one on Kendall and 112th I think, but they're gone now. I had an amazing raspadilla at Station 28 (a Peruvian sandwich place) in downtown Miami and have been craving another, but it's an hour away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 04:12 PM

17 posts, read 13,433 times
Hey Bobdreamz same guy can't believe I already forgot my password to my account and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to reset it. Anyhoo- back to picking your brain! What do you know about this area I attached a link. Its an old taco bell, it doesn't seem like a high foot traffic area but we would take a spot that alternatively has a drive thru! Do you know anything about this area in particular. 14100 W Dixie HWy, Miami, FL

14100 W Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33161 - Retail For Lease on Cityfeet.com

Old 09-07-2015, 04:30 PM

Valicky wherever we open up at you always have a fee one on us! Hoping to find a spot in the next month. Hoping sooner rather than later! Do you know anything about the 14100 W. Diixie Hwy, Miami, area by chance? Valicky?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:39 PM

No sorry, That's the N.Miami area I think? North people chime in please. I'm much more south of there and much more west. Keep us posted on your opening. I'll make sure to check it out whenever I'm in the area you finally decide on.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:03 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,949,645 times
Everywhere seems to have a gelato place and a self serve frozen yogurt place. But there do not seem to be many Italian Ice-specialized places.

Miami Beach, especially South Beach, is one of the few places that have enough foot traffic and tourists. You may want to also look in to Hollywood Beach and Fort Lauderdale Beach where the rents may be somewhat lower but there are still healthy crowds all the time.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Hey thank you so much for the replies guys. We really appreciate all the help we can get. My parents were down there for a week searching, but even that wasn't enough to find just the right place. Hope to find a location and open within a month will definitely keep you guys progressed as we move forward. You guys definitely all have freebies on us when you open. Thanks for the advice. Spot anything or see anything that catches your eye. Let us know!

Old 09-07-2015, 10:05 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,424,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodisice View Post
Hey thank you so much for the replies guys. We really appreciate all the help we can get. My parents were down there for a week searching, but even that wasn't enough to find just the right place. Hope to find a location and open within a month will definitely keep you guys progressed as we move forward. You guys definitely all have freebies on us when you open. Thanks for the advice. Spot anything or see anything that catches your eye. Let us know!
Cant wait

Old 09-09-2015, 11:13 PM

Hey Valicky question for you since your on the south end. Could you google this address and let me know what you think of this area or know of this area. If anything. We may be thinking about making our way further south everything around south beach is so expensive.

9050 SW SW 152 ST, Palmetto Bay, FL 33157

It looks like we could turn this place into a drive thru or walk up.
Any suggestions on this place?

Old 09-09-2015, 11:34 PM

That was an old Farm Stores. It has a drive up window on either side of the building. It's a good area, safety wise. Cubanchic needs to come into this thread as she lives very close to there. Just a bit further south. I'm about half hour from there because I'm waaaaaay west. It's right off of US1, the main north/south road. It probably would be better visibility wise to actually be on US1. It's also a car area. No foot traffic to speak of that I know of. Not touristy at all either. There's a well used park a little further east on 152nd St. Maybe people would visit you before or after the park? The east side of US1 where that Farm Stores was is upper middle income. The west side of US1 I'd say is middle income? I'm more familiar with the east side because my dh's aunt lives off of 152nd and 70 something. Hope that's a little help. Cubanchic, where are you?? She knows a lot about the area.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:22 AM

278 posts, read 318,065 times
Don't know what kind of rent you guys are looking at but the ultimate place would be in brickell. Though it would be extremely expensive. Very walk friendly and tons of foot traffic. Plenty of hotels ( viceroy, epic, hyatt, four seasons, marmot etc...) with tourists combined with tons of condos in a relatively small area. Also if you could get a place around the university of miami that would be a great choice as well. Coconut grove will also give you good foot traffic but just like brickell its pretty expensive on rent now. I actually think your best choice would be the the grove given the vibe but some may differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami