Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:39 PM

304 posts, read 1,434,012 times

Advertisements

Kad2009...I would do it right now if it lets you, I did mine when I had two weeks left. Yes I would wait a couple days then call them and make sure everything is good. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 AM

19 posts, read 57,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
Kad2009...I would do it right now if it lets you, I did mine when I had two weeks left. Yes I would wait a couple days then call them and make sure everything is good. Good Luck

I call this afternoon - my Marvin date was 04/28/09 but since I only have one week left she told me to call in on 04/21/09 to claim my last week of EUC which is Tier II. Then she told me to call back after calling Marvin to claim EB - I will let you know what happens on 04/28/09.

Thanks for your help...

Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad2009 View Post
I call this afternoon - my Marvin date was 04/28/09 but since I only have one week left she told me to call in on 04/21/09 to claim my last week of EUC which is Tier II. Then she told me to call back after calling Marvin to claim EB - I will let you know what happens on 04/28/09.

Thanks for your help...
oh ok, good luck

Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM

6 posts, read 17,625 times
I too have used the rest of my EUC (33weeks) with week ending 4/11. I filed for the EB online on 4/7 and called today (4/21) b/c I hadn't heard of the determination yet and was wondering if I should call Marvin or claim benefits next week (assuming I don't find a job). I spoke with a really nice guy who said the computer systems will drop the application if the reason for leaving your former employee is "fired"-even though it was determined through appeal that I was entitled to benefits. The computer system has to be fixed to not boot these apps out. Until that time they sit in a pile waiting to be processed manually. The rep said he tried to correct one in his system earlier today and it locked up his computer for four hours so he wasn't going to try with mine until they got the "go ahead". He said I should call Marvin and hit 2 for inquiry to see if weeks are available then indicating the system was fixed. Sooo....I guess I'll wait and see, keeping my fingers crossed. A little nervous about providing phone numbers to the names I'm interviewing with when filing the work log for EB. Anyone do that yet and have any negative results? Good luck everyone, hang in there. I don't usually post on these websites, but your discussions have really helped me. Thanks! Especially michiganmom2008!!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 PM

I have been doing the 3 jobs a week report now for about a month, probably didnt have to but since I signed up for marvin online I didnt want to chance it messing up my checks. It asks Contact Date

Employer Name

Contact name: fist and last

Contact title

Contact Method

Type of work applied for

Result:

Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 PM

If I didnt have a name I would put "NO" in the first block and "NAME" in the last name block because some of the jobs I applied for dont have a First and Last name for a contact person or I would put "Human" "resourses" *L* no problems yet with it. Sometimes I wouldnt have a phone number and thats ok cause you then select OTHER and it will let you put in a fax or an email address.

I did get in the mail today my determination for the Extended benefits stating I had an additional 20 weeks available. so if you are still waiting you should soon get something that tells you your good to go or your denied. It comes just like a regular benefit claim determination comes. Sorry for all the spelling errors...in a hurry!*LOL* Good Luck again everyone!!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:56 PM

I called Marvin today and received my last week of EUC which is Tier II. Then I recalled and claim EB over the phone - I did not want to do it online because I want to make sure I talk to someone over the phone - she gave me a EB confirmation number and told me I would get a determination letter in the mail on how many weeks I would received - and also told me to call Marvin on my scheudule date. I asked her about those work logs... She said I could mail them in, fax them in, or email them... as long as the state got them around your Marvin date - I guess I would have to clarifiy that... How you do the work logs? Do you email them the same day as your Marvin date? or after? Any problems?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 PM

6 posts, read 17,625 times
Quote:
If I didnt have a name I would put "NO" in the first block and "NAME" in the last name block because some of the jobs I applied for dont have a First and Last name for a contact person or I would put "Human" "resourses" *L* no problems yet with it. Sometimes I wouldnt have a phone number and thats ok cause you then select OTHER and it will let you put in a fax or an email address.

I did get in the mail today my determination for the Extended benefits stating I had an additional 20 weeks available. so if you are still waiting you should soon get something that tells you your good to go or your denied. It comes just like a regular benefit claim determination comes. Sorry for all the spelling errors...in a hurry!*LOL* Good Luck again everyone!!!!!
Sweeeet michiganmom!!! Thanks so much for the tips, they are really going to come in handy and I appreciate you taking the time to share the info with me and everyone. Great suggestions! Just so I do understand-you did certify with MARVIN at your scheduled time while applying for EB even though you just received the determination for it, right? So many mixed messages and it wasn't until Granholm just announced the additional extended 7 weeks did I learn I was possibly elligible for another 13+7 to equal the total 79 weeks (of course assuming I don't find gainful employment before then). Anyone ever been audited? I can't imagine they have the man-power to follow up with so many claims, but what do I know I can definitely give at least three a week, but like you said-some don't have a phone number or even want to talk to you.

I sure hope they clear up that computer mess I was talking about...not only is it a headache for them, I can only imagine the many others awaiting a decision. A confirmation number would have made me feel so much more comfortable about the situation, like kad2009 received *sigh* ah, well. Did you say you electronically submitted your work logs? I think that's what I'll do-just easier for me. Did you find an answer to your question about becoming employed for 4 weeks and then laid off again? Would the EB benefits kick back in? They make it so complicated, I wouldn't imagine they would make it that easy, lol.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad2009 View Post
I called Marvin today and received my last week of EUC which is Tier II. Then I recalled and claim EB over the phone - I did not want to do it online because I want to make sure I talk to someone over the phone - she gave me a EB confirmation number and told me I would get a determination letter in the mail on how many weeks I would received - and also told me to call Marvin on my scheudule date. I asked her about those work logs... She said I could mail them in, fax them in, or email them... as long as the state got them around your Marvin date - I guess I would have to clarifiy that... How you do the work logs? Do you email them the same day as your Marvin date? or after? Any problems?

online it wont let you do the last two weeks until your last sat so if you call marvin on 4/28 then you are able to report your weeks of 4/18 & 4/25 anytime after 4/25 but before you call marvin on 4/28....not sure how you would mail it and get it there on time. I just do the marvin online and it works for me so far.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
online it wont let you do the last two weeks until your last sat so if you call marvin on 4/28 then you are able to report your weeks of 4/18 & 4/25 anytime after 4/25 but before you call marvin on 4/28....not sure how you would mail it and get it there on time. I just do the marvin online and it works for me so far.

How do you email the form in? What email address? Do they give you a specific one in your determination letter? I don't understand that part of it? I see the form online but don't understand how to email it to Marvin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan