Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 AM

304 posts, read 1,434,012 times

Advertisements

no...you have to set up a marvin account. Then when you log in you can do your form there and submit it. You can choose to use marvin online to certify or you can still call in on the phone, your choice. It also has account info detailing your weeks claimed and how much your checks were and dates, how many weeks left etc. go to UIA - Unemployment Insurance Agency and choose to set up a marvin account online...that is how you submit your forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 10,648 times
My first post here. I have been reading this thread with great interest. I have been laid-off for a bit over a year now. My tier II benefits expired last week.

I applied on-line for extended benefits on April 3rd. As of April 15th I had not heard anything so I called the UIA. It took about 20 minutes to get thru. I spoke with a gentleman who was quite nice. He took all of my information again for EB.

Today I received my determination. It said that I am eligible to receive 20 weeks. WoooHooo!!! In the letter in stated that I filed a claim on April 3rd. So, my original on-line claim went thru.

FYI, it took 19 days for me to get my determination. Hopes this helps a little as this is a very difficult unemployment boat that we are in.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 17,625 times
update....called again today to see if the computer problem at uia was fixed and they said it was. *whew!* 20 more weeks. I too filed mine on 4/7/09 and haven't yet received my determination, but at least its in the computer now and I can call successfully on Monday. Now to get started on the work search paperwork

Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,987 times
I have a question, as I've been searching all night (now 3:02am) for an answer.
I'm in the same boat as many in this thread. I've went thru my 26 weeks from michigan. I'm in my first 20 week extension (since Jan) and could be on my way to the extra 13 here soon.

The question I have and the answer I was looking for is this. I was laid off In June of 04 and filed a claim. I never collected any benefits as i found work within days. That job only lasted until Nov and I started collecting then, 5 months later.

That lasted me until May (26 weeks). When it ran out I still had not found a job. the part I'm searching for is this. I got to re-file for a new benefit year in June of 05 and collected another 26 weeks untill Dec of 05.

It used to be that if you collected your 26 wks from the state that after your full benefit year was up you could reapply. Now if this still holds true and you become available for State benefits again after 52 weeks total, wouldn't you have to get back on the state UIA and not the Fed stuff?

Sorry if this all seems jumbled and jarbled. Late night, lots of caffiene and my mind is going way faster then my fingers.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:10 AM

2,365 posts, read 11,128,843 times
Excellent!!! I am glad ! ;-) that your exhaustion date did not bar you from participating in the extension of EB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
If I didnt have a name I would put "NO" in the first block and "NAME" in the last name block because some of the jobs I applied for dont have a First and Last name for a contact person or I would put "Human" "resourses" *L* no problems yet with it. Sometimes I wouldnt have a phone number and thats ok cause you then select OTHER and it will let you put in a fax or an email address.

I did get in the mail today my determination for the Extended benefits stating I had an additional 20 weeks available. so if you are still waiting you should soon get something that tells you your good to go or your denied. It comes just like a regular benefit claim determination comes. Sorry for all the spelling errors...in a hurry!*LOL* Good Luck again everyone!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:15 AM

2,365 posts, read 11,128,843 times
Yes, still hods true. however, since you were deemed eligible for your regular U.C. and 1st Euc, then your 2nd Euc should not prove to be a problem.

They will decide if you worked enough to qualify for a new claim. If so, then you would go back to regular U.C., if you have passed your claim year or exhausted your benefits.

Or you will continue with your 2nd Euc. Either way you should continue receiving funds based on general U.C. information.

cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushy View Post
I have a question, as I've been searching all night (now 3:02am) for an answer.
I'm in the same boat as many in this thread. I've went thru my 26 weeks from michigan. I'm in my first 20 week extension (since Jan) and could be on my way to the extra 13 here soon.

The question I have and the answer I was looking for is this. I was laid off In June of 04 and filed a claim. I never collected any benefits as i found work within days. That job only lasted until Nov and I started collecting then, 5 months later.

That lasted me until May (26 weeks). When it ran out I still had not found a job. the part I'm searching for is this. I got to re-file for a new benefit year in June of 05 and collected another 26 weeks untill Dec of 05.

It used to be that if you collected your 26 wks from the state that after your full benefit year was up you could reapply. Now if this still holds true and you become available for State benefits again after 52 weeks total, wouldn't you have to get back on the state UIA and not the Fed stuff?

Sorry if this all seems jumbled and jarbled. Late night, lots of caffiene and my mind is going way faster then my fingers.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 AM

304 posts, read 1,434,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Excellent!!! I am glad ! ;-) that your exhaustion date did not bar you from participating in the extension of EB!

Thanks,me too.....Next week is my first call on the Extended benefits claim, I hope it all goes smooth.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,987 times
gea12345, thank you for your reply. I searched the UIA website as best I could but found no literature on the matter.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 17,625 times
ok this is weird-but slightly reminiscent of my euc conversion that took place in jan 09. So i finally got my online app for eb squared away last week and updated in their computer system-AND-received my determination for the 20 week EB this past saturday. It says I'm good starting with the week of april 12th...which would make today my official "call in" or report in date. So I log on to Marvin to report my work search and claim weeks, but it says I can't report until after 5/3..?? Whaaa? So when I report in after another week gone by i will have been w/o benefits for three weeks instead of the regular two. This happened again back in January when I was switching to the euc and I ended up with a three week payment-which was great b/c at least it was accurate, but is a pain in the butt b/c I unfortunately depend upon the timely disbursement of these funds. Sooo...fyi and a heads up to everyone about the possible delay in payment as you convert to the 13+7 EB for unemployment. And to top it off the jobs in this area as so slim in pickings-at least the ones I'm qualified to do anyway *shrug*

Old 04-27-2009, 06:40 PM

19 posts, read 57,236 times
How long did it take for everyone's determination letter to come in the mail? From the time you called and/or email your EB application?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan