Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,244 times

Advertisements

In my unit, a donkey dick was a fuel can nozzle adapter assembly, or the pour spout that went on a 5 gal fuel can.
My boys well knew that when they got an AT EASE in a parade ground voice, it was time to knock it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
oh damn, how can i forget this one:

BCGs (birth-control goggles): the glasses you are issued at training camp...the lenses are thick as ****, make you look like steve urkel, and ensure your ass ain't getting laid while wearing them...hence...birth control goggles.

i have a small(ish) face. looked like a goddang martian, especially when i had warpaint (camo) on.
and yet those same frames looked cool when fitted with prescription sunglass lenses. When I discovered I needed glasses, those were the first pair the Navy gave me. Because I was working outside, I got approval for prescription sunglasses, same frame, tinted lenses. When the Navy offered wire rimmed glasses, I got those. Because I was doing repair work, I was required to get prescription safety glasses. Got four pair of glasses out of the Navy legally.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:40 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
USCG: the Puddle Pirate ,or, Knee Deep Sailors
Yeah, yeah, yeah,........ and who do you call when you get your *** and your ship in a sling?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah,........ and who do you call when you get your *** and your ship in a sling?
Not us, we SeaBees tried to stay clear of those (LST), Large Slow Targets, so we let the (Fleeters) move our equipments and we flew to where we needed to be.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
and yet those same frames looked cool when fitted with prescription sunglass lenses. When I discovered I needed glasses, those were the first pair the Navy gave me. Because I was working outside, I got approval for prescription sunglasses, same frame, tinted lenses. When the Navy offered wire rimmed glasses, I got those. Because I was doing repair work, I was required to get prescription safety glasses. Got four pair of glasses out of the Navy legally.
I seem to remember getting a pair of "aviator" frames on my first ship, but I worked in Air Department.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:42 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
I suspect what slang I recall would be incomprehensible, what with me being Danish. But for those interested in a bit of UK army slang (and general knowledge), I recommend the Arrsepedia:

Main Page - ARRSEpedia

- some entries NSFW, some hilarious.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:47 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times
Quote:
Not us, we SeaBees tried to stay clear of those (LST), Large Slow Targets, so we let the (Fleeters) move our equipments and we flew to where we needed to be.
The truth all comes out now....... so you took the easy way out?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:22 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
In my unit, a donkey dick was a fuel can nozzle adapter assembly, or the pour spout that went on a 5 gal fuel can.
My boys well knew that when they got an AT EASE in a parade ground voice, it was time to knock it off.
...and old slang for the metal 5 gallon cans was (is--I still call them that) jerry cans. I dunno, from WWII, I guess.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
The truth all comes out now....... so you took the easy way out?

Heck no! I ain't stupid, I like to ride in style. You know, C-5A'a, C130 and the famous C-141 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
...and old slang for the metal 5 gallon cans was (is--I still call them that) jerry cans. I dunno, from WWII, I guess.
We use to call them that back in the 70's and 80's, when I was in the Army at that time.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
We use to call them that back in the 70's and 80's, when I was in the Army at that time.
Oh, yeah, I was talking '60s, '70s.

As usual, I was as clear as mud...I meant that I figure the term came from WWII when "jerry"=german.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues