Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Part of the point is that events like that happen all over, but are isolated events. The St. Patty's Day riot was a combination of booze and a mob mentality. The riots in Vancouver were not much different that other sports riots. Mob mentality, possibly influenced by alcohol. What happened at Mayfair in January and a few days ago was the result of what happens when parents don't watch what their children are doing. Mob shoplifting, well, this is an unusual occurrence, but this was most likely some parents not doing right or someone encouraging criminal behavior. This is a sign of bold criminal behavior.

I would say, if anything, race is coming into play. I don't hear very many people say "look at those White youths rioting" when there are White people rioting. Why is it when there are Blacks acting in a similar fashion, all of a sudden, there is an immense fear? Why is it "there are a bunch of Blacks in a mob or something like that" ? Last time I checked, it is the same behavior, just a different ethnicity.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM

408 posts, read 581,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Part of the point is that events like that happen all over, but are isolated events. The St. Patty's Day riot was a combination of booze and a mob mentality. The riots in Vancouver were not much different that other sports riots. Mob mentality, possibly influenced by alcohol. What happened at Mayfair in January and a few days ago was the result of what happens when parents don't watch what their children are doing. Mob shoplifting, well, this is an unusual occurrence, but this was most likely some parents not doing right or someone encouraging criminal behavior. This is a sign of bold criminal behavior.

I would say, if anything, race is coming into play. I don't hear very many people say "look at those White youths rioting" when there are White people rioting. Why is it when there are Blacks acting in a similar fashion, all of a sudden, there is an immense fear? Why is it "there are a bunch of Blacks in a mob or something like that" ? Last time I checked, it is the same behavior, just a different ethnicity.

Good Post, this is SPOT ON!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiWonder13 View Post
Good Post, this is SPOT ON!
Thank you.

Now if only this question would get answered: How is Black people committing acts of violence any more scary or violent than White people doing it as far as results go?

A question that never really has been answered.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,305,124 times
Quote:
Thank you.

Now if only this question would get answered: How is Black people committing acts of violence any more scary or violent than White people doing it as far as results go?

O.K. next time there is a black riot go near them and find out why its more scary than a white riot. But if your black go to a white riot and find out there isn't the racially violent element involved.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM

408 posts, read 581,263 times
Quote:
Thank you.

it comes down to race, and people thinking that blacks all have the same mindset and react the same way in all situations such as the one at mayfair. The entire race has figures pointed at them, instead of a few bad seeds causing trouble regardless of their race.. black or white.

And yes it probably will never be answered.. sadly

Old 06-23-2011, 03:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitron5000 View Post
Milwaukee had multiple riots during Maier's reign. They only officially called it a riot the one time that black people were the aggressors.

You stay classy "good ol' days" Milwaukee!
This was from page 5 of this thread...a photo was included in this post. A sign in the photo has me very confused because I've never heard the word before....I tried to look it up on google and found nothing.

So..wth is a g r o p p i ?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
O.K. next time there is a black riot go near them and find out why its more scary than a white riot. But if your black go to a white riot and find out there isn't the racially violent element involved.
I've never been in a riot. I've only seen riots on TV. Never been near them. I don't know why, but I haven't seen any riots where I live. Now here is a question for you: Why does anyone riot? And for what it's worth, I am Black.

My point it, White people riot too, so why should Blacks be held to a stricter scrutiny?

I have been around some disturbing behavior from both Blacks and Whites. I've been victimized by it too. I was shot with a paintball gun by a White kid(the only time I was ever shot with any kind of gun). To this day I don't know why he did it. I've also been threatened by some kids who claimed they were going to "lynch" me or "hang" me. I've been around some Black kids who tried to fight me.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiWonder13 View Post
it comes down to race, and people thinking that blacks all have the same mindset and react the same way in all situations such as the one at mayfair. The entire race has figures pointed at them, instead of a few bad seeds causing trouble regardless of their race.. black or white.

And yes it probably will never be answered.. sadly
I don't think it will be answered. I've been trying to get an answer because of this: There are people like me, who are African-American, who don't behave like that. I don't live anywhere near that behavior, but because those fools were crazy enough to do something like that, I might look bad for it.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
This was from page 5 of this thread...a photo was included in this post. A sign in the photo has me very confused because I've never heard the word before....I tried to look it up on google and found nothing.

So..wth is a g r o p p i ?
Groppi is Fr. James Groppi. a Catholic priest who was also a civil rights leader. He lead protests against Milwaukee's discriminatory housing practices. The sign regarding Groppi was basically that some people wanted Fr. Groppi dead.

James Groppi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
America's New Racists - Page 1 - Walter E. Williams - Townhall Conservative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee