Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 10:01 AM

21 posts, read 59,651 times

Advertisements

What about this neighborhood area code 53224-5031, any input?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 10:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea17 View Post
What about this neighborhood area code 53224-5031, any input?

Thanks
Personally, I'd pass. Given the choice, that is. It has been several years since I've lived in the Milwaukee metro area, but I wouldn't have targeted that as a potential residence at that time, and doubt I would now either. Not that it's bad; just that it isn't great.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:14 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Andrea -

Can you provide kind of a map or an intersecting streets definition of where specifically this is? I am very aware of the 53224 zip code, but it is sizable (and varied), and I am not sure where the last four digits would place this location.

I have to say that there are some parts of the 53224 zip code I would live in in a heartbeat in the Milwaukee area, and overall has some of the nicest portions (that aren't extremely affluent / expensive) within the boundaries of the city of Milwaukee itself.

However, there would be other parts of this zip I would pass on as well.

If you could supply a bit more definition as to where this is, it would be helpful - thanks!!

Old 02-25-2008, 12:27 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Andrea -

Can you provide kind of a map or an intersecting streets definition of where specifically this is? I am very aware of the 53224 zip code, but it is sizable (and varied), and I am not sure where the last four digits would place this location.

I have to say that there are some parts of the 53224 zip code I would live in in a heartbeat in the Milwaukee area, and overall has some of the nicest portions (that aren't extremely affluent / expensive) within the boundaries of the city of Milwaukee itself.

However, there would be other parts of this zip I would pass on as well.

If you could supply a bit more definition as to where this is, it would be helpful - thanks!!
I know you didn't ask me, but I'm intimately familiar with this type of question due to accidental expertise gained in the professional world, where I design/implement systems to integrate address hygeine data (among a pile of other things) into other products:

53224-5031
(Range 6800 - 6899) N COVENTRY CT
MILWAUKEE WI

This is basically Green Tree Rd & Coventry Ct at US 41/45.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 PM

395 posts, read 1,861,570 times
Far Northwest Side. This is a pretty suburbanized area though it does exist in the city limits of Milwaukee. If I'm not mistaken this is what a lot of us city-dwellers term a "cop & firefighter" neighborhood. Meaning that is attracts those who are required to live in the city of Milwaukee due to their jobs, but are looking for more of a suburban setting, with big yards, newer homes, etc.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:49 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but I'm intimately familiar with this type of question due to accidental expertise gained in the professional world, where I design/implement systems to integrate address hygeine data (among a pile of other things) into other products:

53224-5031
(Range 6800 - 6899) N COVENTRY CT
MILWAUKEE WI

This is basically Green Tree Rd & Coventry Ct at US 41/45.
Hmmm...very interesting stuff 43-87, thanks for that clarification!!

Anyway...43-87, as you know usually I agree very thoroughly with your opinions on the Milwaukee area and find them pretty spot-on, but in this case, I POSSIBLY would take a slightly differing opinion (although perhaps you know this area better than I which is certainly possible).

I would think that this area (for the OP) would possibly be worth checking out at least, although I say that without being able to see the area up close as I type this.

Those areas right around US 41/45 off of Good Hope Rd. and a little south, but then north through Bradley Rd. and up towards Brown Deer Rd. are actually pretty darn decent still - solid, nice middle-class neighborhoods. In some of these areas, they actually "feel" more like a Menomonee Falls than some of the more rugged, stereotypical "north west Milwaukee" types of areas.

There is a development near this area of some decent new retail with a Ruby Tuesday's and a Tumbleweed Restaurant (both national chain restaurants) off of 41/45 and Good Hope Rd., there is that Park Place office pavilion, etc.

I actually worked not too, too long ago at Washington Mutual which was east of 124th St. off of Bradley Rd. in Milwaukee in the 53224 zip and this area was quite decent for a middle class area. Very livable for being still "in the city itself" but certainly nicer, quieter, more traditionally middle class family oriented, etc.

There is actually some still newer housing stock going up in this area around Green Tree, Good Hope, etc., which is a pretty rare occurrence within the boundaries of the city of Milwaukee.

Having said all of this...

Green Tree is verging off the top of my head on being close to being "too far south" and that may be where 43-87 is coming from. I believe I have seen some some of these nicer areas around Green Tree and 41/45 while traversing north near 41/45 to go place visits to family, but I cannot swear to it.

So...I am sorry to be so vague to the OP...but my gut tells me that this actually may be an area of Milwaukee worth checking out, but it definitely should be checked out first. If you were talking 41/45 and Bradley Rd., then I would say with much confidence that it would be good, and I believe that this area is in that same vicinity, but this one is close enough to perhaps falling a bit south that it should be checked out first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee