Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:58 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,305,124 times

Advertisements

I don't hate other races but prefer to live around my own kind which is European American. I would love to live in Whitefish Bay area or around there somewhere but there is a sizable jewish population there. Its not out of hatred but I just want to find an area to live where I can feel comfortable. I hope I find some people with understanding who will respond. Maybe someone knows of a white area that I would feel comfortable living in the city somewhere.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
They don't call it White Folk's Bay for nothing. But oh, those nasty j00z -- can't have any of those around cuz that would make you feel uncomfortable.

Sorry to tell you this, but strictly-WASP enclaves are a declining phenomenon. Thankfully, so are people like you.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
I don't hate other races but prefer to live around my own kind which is European American. I would love to live in Whitefish Bay area or around there somewhere but there is a sizable jewish population there. Its not out of hatred but I just want to find an area to live where I can feel comfortable. I hope I find some people with understanding who will respond. Maybe someone knows of a white area that I would feel comfortable living in the city somewhere.
I'm calling your bluff on this post. While I'm at it, I'll also call you a troll.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 PM

295 posts, read 547,088 times
I don't think the op is a troll. My two pennies is that there is nothing wrong with wanting to live by your people after all look at who has done this. Whites, Blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Russians, I come from a Polish-Jewish background and I really would like to live in a all polski neighborhood or in Sherman Park but at the same time I wouldn't feel uncomfortable in Metcalf Park. I currently live in Walkers Point(5th Ward) and there is a concentration of gay bars and I don't agree with that lifestyle but it doesn't bother me to live here, mainly because where else can you live a mile from Wisconsin.Ave and pay $550 on rent? I would wonder what some one's religious views would make you feel uncomfortable? since most religious people are very well behaved. Even in a Jewish hood you don't have religion beating you over your head so I wouldn't let that affect my decision to live. My need to live amongst poles or Jews isn't a comfort level more of a common ground, but then again we are all humans. GO BUCKS, please make the playoffs or else I'm out $100.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM

48 posts, read 166,109 times
Default Try Fox Point

In the late 90's, I lived in Fox Point. Its a predominately jewish area. Nice homes, no street lights, no sidewalks. The area which has the most reasonable priced homes are east of Port road, north from the Fox Point line to the baside line and east to Whitney road. Modest sized 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath homes with nice yards. Very safe community.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:15 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,315,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'm calling your bluff on this post. While I'm at it, I'll also call you a troll.
I don't think Angorlee is a troll, per se, but s/he has been asking questions about where to live in the Milwaukee area for over a year now:

thinking of moving to West Allis

S/he has also posted queries on the Mpls/St. Paul forum.... For the Milwaukee area, s/he has inquired about West Allis, blue collar suburbs, suburbs with a nice downtown, the Mayfair area, Glendale, western Milwaukee, and on and on. I'm pretty sure s/he has posted a question regarding the North Shore before, and if I recall correctly, there were concerns about fitting into a community with so many Jews....

Angorlee, perhaps you just need to come to Milwaukee, if you haven't moved here already, and visit the communities that may interest you? You've been asking for over a year, and now we're back at square one. I just don't get it. (Unless you are a troll, after all....)

Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Well, he/she certainly is confusing "race" (a unscientific division of H. Sapiens species) and religion.

Jews come from many ethnic groups, from the African to the Central European, to the Nordic, and Celtic.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 AM

603 posts, read 2,359,367 times
Basically what the OP is saying is "I don't mean to seem racist but I don't want to live near Jewish people" WTF?!@?@! Maybe he/she should just stay put!

Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsts View Post
In the late 90's, I lived in Fox Point. Its a predominately jewish area. Nice homes, no street lights, no sidewalks. The area which has the most reasonable priced homes are east of Port road, north from the Fox Point line to the baside line and east to Whitney road. Modest sized 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath homes with nice yards. Very safe community.
I'm not looking to buy a home but to rent an apartment

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
I don't think Angorlee is a troll, per se, but s/he has been asking questions about where to live in the Milwaukee area for over a year now:

thinking of moving to West Allis

S/he has also posted queries on the Mpls/St. Paul forum.... For the Milwaukee area, s/he has inquired about West Allis, blue collar suburbs, suburbs with a nice downtown, the Mayfair area, Glendale, western Milwaukee, and on and on. I'm pretty sure s/he has posted a question regarding the North Shore before, and if I recall correctly, there were concerns about fitting into a community with so many Jews....

Angorlee, perhaps you just need to come to Milwaukee, if you haven't moved here already, and visit the communities that may interest you? You've been asking for over a year, and now we're back at square one. I just don't get it. (Unless you are a troll, after all....)
thanks for your response. I have come to Milwaukee and checked out many of the neighborhoods. Just last weekend I checked out Bay View and found that there arn't many apartment buildings in the area--mostly residential homes. But I will take a second look because maybe I missed something. I know that finding the perfect neighborhood isn't going to happen. Afterall this isn't the 1930s when real neighborhoods existed. But I would like to find a place where I fit in so I don't have to think about moving to another apartment somewhere else right after I move in(that has happened in the past and it isn't any fun moving all the time). I get the feeling it will be on the north side not far from the lake but don't know where yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee