Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:06 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas View Post

Besides, the Where's The Beef ads were still running the last time the Bears won anything... why would anyone choose to be a fan of theirs?
Nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 11:20 AM

88 posts, read 214,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas View Post
Maybe if you ignored the six decades where the Packers played in Milwaukee and the fact that there's more Packers fans in Milwaukee than there are people who live in Green Bay. There's a reason why all of the Packers media is based out of Milwaukee and not Green Bay.

Besides, the Where's The Beef ads were still running the last time the Bears won anything... why would anyone choose to be a fan of theirs?
Please! The Pack sucked for many years from the 70's to the early 90's. Besides,I'd rather have a MLS team here.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:30 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Milwaukee should be for the Blackhawks, consider how close we are to Chicago. Do you think their no fans of the Yankees or islanders 20miles from the state line of NY? or that no one 70 miles outside of Yankee stadium roots for the Yankees?

Caledonia to the state line is 20miles, and to the United Center it's only 70 miles. So I say people in Milwaukee that want to follow a team should follow the Blackhawks.

We in Milwaukee are closer to the United Center than we are to the state capitol and we have no problem cheering for the badgers.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:33 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman13 View Post
but if Milwaukee suburbs and Chicago suburbs touch then why does the area have 3 MLB teams and that area cant have 2 NHL teams?

our suburbs to not touch chicagos suburbs most people from chicagoland would also dispute that their suburbs at least makes sense and are more accessible than mke outter suburbs

Old 06-27-2010, 10:40 AM

180 posts, read 663,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon357 View Post
Please! The Pack sucked for many years from the 70's to the early 90's. Besides, I'd rather have a MLS team here.
The Bears had an equally lengthy period of suck in the late 60s to the early 80s (Dick Butkus never won a championship because of it). Then there was that 6-year winning streak that the Packers put together in the 90s.

So... after further review THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!!

But I'm with you on the MLS... too bad the Bucks pretty much killed the chances of that happening in the foreseeable future (while Park East remains a vacant lot... gotta love local politics!)

Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 AM

4 posts, read 9,966 times
gentlemen happy fourth of July to you. Yes it is time for the NHL in Milwaukee. We need to keep communication open, and need to get the backing of the business community. We need as potential owner, someone like Attanasio is, someone like John Menard, Wayne Sanders, John Stollenwerk, Herbert Kohler, someone prominent in the business community. We need to begin circulating a petition within the hockey community STATEWIDE stating that yes we would support the NHL, Even forming a group to help make this happen. We need to find a way to redevelop the BC to keep the Bucks here and gain a pro hockey team. I think it is all dominos, first help get interest bubbling in a team relocating, then get the momentum for a rebuilt BC, then get the BC rebuild plan built, get a commitment from a team to move (seems Islanders have an out in 2015, preds in 2 to 3 years), and there you have it. Anyone interested in working with me on this!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 AM

solas.... MLS... Really?? what r you thinking dude the wave can't draw and they are established!! At Least the ads have the 5th best attendance in the minors of cities that have pro franchises. I don't include grand rapids as they have minor league b ball and hockey only.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM

180 posts, read 663,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4wisconsin View Post
solas.... MLS... Really?? what r you thinking dude the wave can't draw and they are established!!
LOL... I really love these types of comments from people who clearly do not understand soccer. I guess we don't really need the Packers either since we have arena football in Milwaukee, right?

The Wave are BY FAR the longest continuously operating fully professional soccer club in North America. The fact that they're an indoor soccer team and they're still around in 2010 (when most of the rest of the world forgot indoor soccer existed around 1992) is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Default Hockey 4 Wisconsin

solas, sorry if I insulted you.. soccer is just not my thing. I think it is catching on, but it seems that a disconnect exists once kids leave youth soccer. Maybe it will develop. I think for milwaukee we should look to NHL as a way to redevelop the BC. To do so will mean millions more dollars in the economy and hundreds more jobs as a result. Keeping the BC busy 4 to 5 days per week in the winter means more spent downtown at restaurants, hotels etc etc. I think Basketball is more regional to SE wisconsin, and I think Hockey is bigger throughout wisconsin, and catching up in milwaukee. Therefore I could see an NHL team doing well with those traveling from Madison, appleton, green bay, sheboygan etc etc. The NHL claims that the blackhawks being an original 6 team have rights to milwaukee, but do no marketing and play no preseason games here.

So who is up for helping spread the word? Are you solas?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:46 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,927,929 times
Milwaukee will not likely have a professional hockey team, because in the 50's, the owners of the Blackhawks and the Red Wings got a deal, that if a new franchise was put within 150 miles of their franchises, they would receive a large lump sum of money. You can draw a circle 150 miles from Chicago and Detroit, and there, most likely, will be no NHL franchises within that circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee