Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralsfan24 View Post
Guarantee at the end of the year the Admirals will be in the 5,500 to 6,000 range which will once again be in the top 10 in the AHL.
True but take out the concert nights and do an average if dropkick Murphys weren't playing. So insert an average game night without a concert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 12:56 AM

46 posts, read 134,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
True but take out the concert nights and do an average if dropkick Murphys weren't playing. So insert an average game night without a concert.
You can do that with any team. Take out Adirondack's game at Citizens Bank Park where they had 45,000+ in attendance. Take out Hamilton's game at Ivor Wynne.

Fact of the matter is minor league teams need to schedule a lot of promotions to get fans in the seats. Especially in major league cities where they aren't the only show in town.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 AM

8 posts, read 12,531 times
Default Blackhawks, why not market here?

From reading these posts it seems that the blackhawks "bought" the Milwaukee market for themselves. BUT WHY DON"T THEY MARKET THE TEAM IN MILWAUKEE??? There is no return on their investment. There has to be a reason. I just don't get it what it could possibly be.

Why not play a pre-season game in Milwaukee? Maybe play a home game at the BC once every two years, too. Somehow get local sporting goods stores and retailers to sell Blackhawks stuff next to Brewers, Badgers, and Packers stuff.

I'd love to see the NHL have a presence in Milwaukee, whether it's a new/moved team or the blackhawks marketed there. The Olympic Gold Medal game's Nielsen ratings for Miltown showed that the city is ripe for the NHL to pick.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
The only way I see Milwaukee getting an NHL franchise is when the Bradley Center is eventually replaced. No one will want to invest the capital to put a team in the 20 year old Bradley Center with out the promise of a new arena in the near future.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,697,643 times
I would call the team either the Muskies or Knights if they city ever got an NHL team.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM

318 posts, read 467,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas View Post
No one who knows anything about hockey would deny that Minnesota is the undisputed #1 state for hockey in the US. But if you were to rank hockey culture 1-to-50 by state, Wisconsin would certianly be in the top 5 and possibly the top 3. I don't think that qualifies Wisconsin as "not holding a candle to" Minnesota. Next time you want to marginalize Wisconsin's hockey culture, check what state the owner of your NHL team is from.

Minnesota, Michigan, Massachusetts, New York and Illinois.

No. (yes, Illinois is top 5)

Wisconsin would be with Connectictut, Alaska, Pennsylvania and New Jersey to round out the top 10 states.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM

318 posts, read 467,716 times
Speaking as a die hard Ranger fan from Upstate NY (Utica), I always thought Milwaukee should have a team. They were 5th for the Gold Medal Game in 2010 in ratings behind Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit and Minneapolis.

Upstate NY in general I have always thought had similarities with other Great Lakes states and cities.

The fact that the Blackhawks werent on tv for a full 82 game schedule up until 2008-09 boggles my mind, because if the Rangers werent on MSG Network up here, I wouldnt be a Ranger fan and I would not have been able to watch them growing up. Now the Blackhawks are back and one of the top franchises in the NHL. They started selling out again once they were put on tv and actually marketed properly in the area. Having Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, etc. also dont hurt.

I would think support is there for Milwaukee to have an NHL team. Its a Northern state, theres the Badgers, and Madison, showing huge support.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Most of the people who watched Olympic hockey never watch a regular season hockey match just like people who watch speed skating during the Olympics never seen ice skating outside of the Olympics.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:48 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
I'd think that milwaukee would be a natural rival for the hawks

Old 11-29-2014, 09:39 AM

60 posts, read 108,020 times
I say no the city is shrinking and the ghetto is spreading and will continue that way so most others who can end up moving out, and in turn, large business have more desirable places to locate. In fact, if i had to bet, i would say the bucks will end up leaving by 2017 and relocating and the city will be a 1 sport town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee