Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 07:14 PM

4 posts, read 17,098 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

So, I will be taking Amtrak from Minot to Minneapolis to catch a flight home. Are there shuttles that will take you from Amtrak over to the MSP airport? If not, what do you suggest would be the best method. The train is suppose to arrive in St. Paul at 7am and my plane leaves at 12.55pm. I booked the flight later just incase there are any train delays, and if I get lost somehow, I'll have a 5hr lay-way. Lol

So should I take a cab, bus, train, or shuttle, if there is one?

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 PM

988 posts, read 1,828,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotahappyCamper View Post
Hi Guys,

So, I will be taking Amtrak from Minot to Minneapolis to catch a flight home. Are there shuttles that will take you from Amtrak over to the MSP airport? If not, what do you suggest would be the best method. The train is suppose to arrive in St. Paul at 7am and my plane leaves at 12.55pm. I booked the flight later just incase there are any train delays, and if I get lost somehow, I'll have a 5hr lay-way. Lol

So should I take a cab, bus, train, or shuttle, if there is one?

Thanks!!!!
Cab - most convenient and also most expensive - I would estimate about a $40-45 ride. From what I hear, cabs readily available outside the terminal or you could call one within a short time.

Bus - possible but not terribly convenient. You would walk a few blocks with luggage to University Avenue and catch a bus toward Minneapolis (I believe No. 16). You would take that to downtown and then transfer. From there the best option would be the Light Rail Train. The transfer you'd get on the bus would work on the train - you just hold onto the ticket from the bus. You actually just get on the train and have the ticket handy but not actually give it to anyone. It would work on the honor system - but if you don't have a valid ticket on the train when requested by a transit cop it quickly becomes a $180 train ride to the airport via ticket. Estimated time from Amtrak to MSP - 1 1/2 hours or so, but about $2 cost.

Shuttle - I believe (but do not know) you could arrange service with Super Shuttle (SuperShuttle Airport Shuttle Service LAX SFO DIA PHX DFW TPA JFK BWI IAD SAN DCA SMF MCI IAH LGA MSP EWR AUS SNA HOU BUR DAL OAK BNA ONT LGB RDU SJC AZA ISP PTP PIE CDG ORY BVA Airports). Service would go from Amtrak to MSP, but might make stops along the way to pick up other people. You need to make an appointment by phone or online, cost about $15-20/person one way. Once you make an appointment, they do guarantee time you'll make the airport, probably about 30-60 minutes from pickup time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul