Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:24 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,165,585 times

Advertisements

By the way, see
See David Clifford's one-punch near-homicide: The surveillance footage [VIDEO] - Minneapolis News - The Blotter ) and watch the commercial. Is anyone else getting sick of this lady in the Walser commercial? They have been playing it everywhere. I've been to every Walser dealership trying to buy a "vehicle" from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 04:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i read the article your OP is not what it implies at all. it appears there was an altercation and that the alleged victim was about to punch the officer who was off duty. this looks alot like another cop hate thread.
lol, and presumably you've come to this conclusion based on what the cop's lawyer offered up as his version? perhaps you can share the reason why the cop fled the scene without even getting in his car and waited until the next day to turn himself in? I'll give you a hint on that one....glug, glug, glug

you couldn't be more wrong, maybe you should have taken the time to watch the video. this looks a lot like the ol' "cops would never do anything wrong post"

Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
lol, and presumably you've come to this conclusion based on what the cop's lawyer offered up as his version? perhaps you can share the reason why the cop fled the scene without even getting in his car and waited until the next day to turn himself in? I'll give you a hint on that one....glug, glug, glug

you couldn't be more wrong, maybe you should have taken the time to watch the video. this looks a lot like the ol' "cops would never do anything wrong post"
no you could not be more wrong. i did watch the video. that is your proof to put someone away for 20 years??? i am so glad you are not a judge. its an altercation. if this had happened in k12 and does alot they say it was a fight an altercation.
but for the CDF felon posting a cop hate thread, more than sufficient evidence to put the cop away for 20 years.
no problem.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
no you could not be more wrong. i did watch the video. that is your proof to put someone away for 20 years??? i am so glad you are not a judge. its an altercation. if this had happened in k12 and does alot they say it was a fight an altercation.
but for the CDF felon posting a cop hate thread, more than sufficient evidence to put the cop away for 20 years.
no problem.
where are you pulling that 20 years out of? the rest of your post is simply gibberish....

Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
where are you pulling that 20 years out of? the rest of your post is simply gibberish....
no friend i got it from the article you referred me to. i got 20 years form the news release city pages 2nd paragraph. you know-- the article that accompanied the video. reading is important friend not just watching videos.
these skills keep people out of jail.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times
20 years is the maximum penalty in Minnesota for first degree assault and at least one person on this thread has called for him to get 20 years.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM

Too many people seem to think that Clifford should somehow get a free pass because he's a cop. If anything he should have a higher degree of responsibility to adhere to the laws of the land that he is supposedly sworn to uphold. He and his victim are extremely lucky that it's an assault charge he's facing and not murder.

One-punch homicide - Page 1 - News - Minneapolis - City Pages

Even tho I expect the cop and his connections to manipulate the system and walk without doing any time, rest assured that the civil litigation will bust this creep effectively enough to make him hurt for a long, long time.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
i read the article your OP is not what it implies at all. it appears there was an altercation and that the alleged victim was about to punch the officer who was off duty. this looks alot like another cop hate thread.
Watch the video. I don't get that impression at all just based on the video, but of course there's no sound and the video is only one piece of the total evidence.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,680,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
The loud cell phone talker had a blood alcohol content of 0.189 and can be seen wrestling with his brother shortly before the incident. It seems possible that the drunk could be considered threatening in some way. I don't know if that's what happened, but we also don't know if the guy charged was out of control. That he was a Minneapolis cop is interesting but irrelevant to the charges.
Not sure if this is your argument or if you're playing devil's advocate...

You can see on the video, there is a man from the restaurant close by- the guy who ends up chasing him - If someone at a public establishment is being "threatening", all one has to do is notify them and they'll take care of it. Or... here's another option: move or leave your spot.

There's no reason to hit someone like this guy did, especially sucker punching someone. This hot-head confused reality and his day job.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:29 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times
Quote:
Too many people seem to think that Clifford should somehow get a free pass because he's a cop.
Oh, man you are so lucky that there is no penalty for killing straw men, because that one is dead as a door nail. Are these "people" somehow connected with that infamous gang, "They?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul