Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 08:56 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
They did bring Graderol up. He closed today (though I did not see the game).
It’s only because it was Sept 1st, there’s contract stipulations for this date and minor leagues are done, they talked about it on KFAN this week. I noticed he was pitching via espn.com and I was too late to turn the tv on to see him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 08:57 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I watched the game up until the last couple innings when the game was no longer in doubt. I wish that I would have continued watching to see Graderol pitch. He's being clocked consistently at 100 mph and up to 104 mph. That's got to be scary to stand in the box and see. I see in the box score that he did give up a couple hits, but no runs.
Bullpen has been better lately. Anyone who runs into Houston though is going to have a tall task.

If we win a playoff series against the Evil Empire though and that's alw we could do, I guess we should be glad. No one expected the Twins to make post season.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:44 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Bullpen has been better lately. Anyone who runs into Houston though is going to have a tall task.

If we win a playoff series against the Evil Empire though and that's alw we could do, I guess we should be glad. No one expected the Twins to make post season.
If we make the playoffs, and it looks like we will, I'd much rather have to face the Yankees than Houston despite our history of losing to them.

That starting pitching staff at Houston of Sale, Verlander, and Greinke is scary good. Especially when it comes down to the playoffs and the Astros having all that experience/quality on the mound. The Twins' propensity at always trying to outscore their opponent will probably run into a road block here. Our starting staff had better start upping their game if we think that we could win that series.

You know the addition of Graterol here is intriguing. If he settles in to the staff this month I can see him making the rotation towards the end of the regular season in place of Perez. What a boost to the Twins that could be.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:04 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Baldelli is going to get AL manager of the year.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:20 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Baldelli is going to get AL manager of the year.
considering that Molitor won the same award 2 years ago...

Old 09-04-2019, 08:24 AM

In fairness to Molly they kind of screwed him. New guys wanted their own guy.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
considering that Molitor won the same award 2 years ago...
What is the implication? Molitor was canned because he was part of the old guard and Falvine had predetermined to usher in an analytics based regime with their own guy.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:46 AM

Who knows how good Baldelli is/will be. I think this roster was just stacked. I just wish Mauer was still on the team - though Cron in his replacement certainly hasn't been a disappointment.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Who knows how good Baldelli is/will be. I think this roster was just stacked. I just wish Mauer was still on the team - though Cron in his replacement certainly hasn't been a disappointment.
The offense may have been stacked, but the pitching certainly wasn't. They've had career years from a bunch of guys who weren't expected to do much on the mound. Hoping that carries into the playoffs.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:25 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
What is the implication? Molitor was canned because he was part of the old guard and Falvine had predetermined to usher in an analytics based regime with their own guy.
Molitor was not a good manager and misused and abused his bull pen, most notably Ryan Pressley who is now thriving in Houston as an All-Star.

Pretty stupid move in the first place to hire a HOF player with no managerial experience, all in order to sell a few seats in April of his first year. Judging by Molitor's residency outside of the dugout these days, appears the rest of baseball has the same opinion.

I doubt anyone here could even name a HOF player that ever won a World Series as a manager, but there is at least one that I know of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul