Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 07:20 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAbiqua View Post
Yesterday, I was looking at the Twin Cities Japanese American Citizens League (i.e., TC JACL) facebook page (I was looking to see if they had any events scheduled this summer).

On their page, the BLM has posted a letter address to "all our minority allies" that was titled "Get Ready". The letter outlined the step by step procedure in having their minority allies blame all violence on right wing white extremists. The letter also contained three links for further information. In one of those links, BLM more or less thanked Antifa for their support.

The letter made me angry, so I complained to the facebook page host, and they took it down after a few minutes (and it has not been reposted). I should have made a copy of the letter.
Supposebly...supposebly...yeah, supposebly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 07:54 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Supposebly...supposebly...yeah, supposebly
No link, it didn’t happen. There is a lot of false info being pushed about all these groups. I see a lot of blue check fabulists on twitter telling outrageous stories. Never any photos or anything. We have to be very careful.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:17 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinneapolis View Post
How about the fact that black people have been actually posting vids and exposing leftist antifa who are destroying and looting. blacks are saying it makes them look bad because some antifa breaks a window and spraypaints BLM next to it. in fact a vid just came out where the protesters stopped this beta looking grey haired antifa while he was breaking up concrete with a hammer and they turned him into the riot cops 20 feet away. point is it isnt right wingers or trump supporters or boog bois doing that.

have you seen the data coming in on random piles of bricks staged at strategic yet random locations ? thats not the work done by boog bois or right wing. that is clear soros type backing. infact theres a gorup of anti trumpers who are suing soros because they didnt get their 15/hr that was promised.

you can fact check all this its in the news. btw alex jones is controlled opposition.
They're not saying that about Antifa. They're saying it's supremacist groups using Antifa as a cover. In order to blame Antifa, just like you're doing.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:23 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Someone left me an interesting rep note about Soros. I recall that interview, and the specific topic mentioned. He was a child at the time. I don't think that implicates him in anything. If you'd like to discuss Soros, start a thread, and I'll be happy to join you. Great subject for discussion! You could even put it under Great Debates. But I don't want to take the thread into a long digression here.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:11 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They're not saying that about Antifa. They're saying it's supremacist groups using Antifa as a cover. In order to blame Antifa, just like you're doing.
And let's be clear. There is NO "Antifa Organization." Antifa is a philosophy., NOT an organized group.

If you deny this, then then please point us all to the "Official Antifa" website and name the person in charge of it.

Anitfa simply means "Anti-Fascist." THAT'S THE ORIGIN OF THE NAME.

Nazi Germany was Fascist. Mussolini's Italy was Fascist. Fascism simply means the surrender of control of society to Corporations and the Government. If you oppose Antifa, then you welcome the corporate control of society. You accept Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. control over your everyday life. You accept that those corporations have a right to surveillance over your private conversations in order to sell your information to the highest bidder.
Antifa is Anti- Nazi. It is Anti- Fascist. It is Anti-Corporate Control.

Let me be even grossly explicit than I have been so far.

Google knows when you are masturbating. (Yes, they do.) They track your every move online in order to sell you whatever sex aid that will make them money. Google knows which websites you are visiting, which videos you are watching, and how long you spend watching them. I'm not kidding. This is a simple line of code that Google uses on their platform.

That said, I just have to wonder if "Antifa" is such a bad idea.

Last edited by Astron1000; 06-01-2020 at 09:48 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
And let's be clear. There is NO "Antifa Organization." Antifa is a philosophy., NOT an organized group.

If you deny this, then then please point us all to the "Official Antifa" website and name the person in charge of it.

Anitfa simply means "Anti-Fascist." THAT'S THE ORIGIN OF THE NAME.

Nazi Germany was Fascist. Mussolini's Italy was Fascist. Fascism simply means the surrender of control of society to Corporations and the Government. If you oppose Antifa, then you welcome the corporate control of society. You accept Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. control over your everyday life. You accept that those corporations have a right to surveillance over your private conversations in order to sell your information to the highest bidder.
Antifa is Anti- Nazi. It is Anti- Fascist.
Can you please provide a link to the official MS-13 website so I can be sure MS-13 is organized? Ditto the Mafia please. Also the Sinaloa Cartel. If you could also provide the name of the person in charge of website that would be helpful.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,442 times
Touche' Glenfield. But do you deny my basic premise? Are you Pro-Fascist?
I don't think you are.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Touche' Glenfield. But do you deny my basic premise? Are you Pro-Fascist?
I don't think you are.
No, of course I don’t support fascism. But I would like to make a few points.

First, I don’t think you can take a name at face value. Do you think the Proud Boys are simply proud? Of course not. Their name is misleading. But let’s say you are right and antifa is anti fascist. Well, Stalin was probably the most effective anti fascist ever, but that didn’t make him a good guy. He was probably the greatest mass murderer of all time. But it is undeniable that he was ardently anti fascist.

I contend that there are outside influences which simply don’t fit the usual left/ right paradigm at work here. I don’t know who they are an I don’t care.

Here’s what I do know. We have chased three vehicles with no license plates off of my block the last two days. We have had several cars and bikes on our block driving by slowly and stopping to take photographs. This has been happening all over Kingfield.

Every night our whole block gets out just before curfew to search for caches of Molotov cocktails, bricks, or other items that could be used against us, because these caches have been found in the area. I don’t know who has been leaving them, but clearly they are organized.

I mourn the death of George Floyd. It seems like he was a decent guy who made a small mistake and died because MPD failed in its basic duty to protect him. I think MPD is corrupt, not because the individual cops are all bad, but because the city government is ****ed up all the way to the top.

So as to antifa, they seem pretty organized in Portland, and NYPD says somebody is organizing the riots there. Are they here in Minneapolis? I have no clue but SOMEBODY is here and they are hijackjng the legitimate grieving process and protests against Mr Floyd’s death. So whoever they are, they are the enemy here, and I hope they are caught and punished. And I don’t give two ****s about their political philosophy.

Last edited by Glenfield; 06-01-2020 at 10:49 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 07:15 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,922,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
No, of course I don’t support fascism. But I would like to make a few points.

First, I don’t think you can take a name at face value. Do you think the Proud Boys are simply proud? Of course not. Their name is misleading. But let’s say you are right and antifa is anti fascist. Well, Stalin was probably the most effective anti fascist ever, but that didn’t make him a good guy. He was probably the greatest mass murderer of all time. But it is undeniable that he was ardently anti fascist.

I contend that there are outside influences which simply don’t fit the usual left/ right paradigm at work here. I don’t know who they are an I don’t care.

Here’s what I do know. We have chased three vehicles with no license plates off of my block the last two days. We have had several cars and bikes on our block driving by slowly and stopping to take photographs. This has been happening all over Kingfield.

Every night our whole block gets out just before curfew to search for caches of Molotov cocktails, bricks, or other items that could be used against us, because these caches have been found in the area. I don’t know who has been leaving them, but clearly they are organized.

I mourn the death of George Floyd. It seems like he was a decent guy who made a small mistake and died because MPD failed in its basic duty to protect him. I think MPD is corrupt, not because the individual cops are all bad, but because the city government is ****ed up all the way to the top.

So as to antifa, they seem pretty organized in Portland, and NYPD says somebody is organizing the riots there. Are they here in Minneapolis? I have no clue but SOMEBODY is here and they are hijackjng the legitimate grieving process and protests against Mr Floyd’s death. So whoever they are, they are the enemy here, and I hope they are caught and punished. And I don’t give two ****s about their political philosophy.
This (bolded) scares the crap out of me. I doubt this is any unorganized group doing this. If not ANTIFA, than who? White supremacist groups I don't believe have the numbers to have been behind the coordinated attacks across our country. Plus, I just don't see where the gains for doing what just happened are.

I saw on TV that in Europe, specifically in Germany, there are towns and areas owned by ANTIFA. This is most prevalent in the old Soviet controlled East German communities. If you even try to organize a police force to enforce laws, ANTIFA will physically attack you.

The claim is that ANTIFA has no organized hierarchy. Sounds pretty organized to me.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:36 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,065 times
A few years I saw on TV that in Europe, specifically England, radical Muslims controlled entire towns.

I mean.. it was never true. But I saw it on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul