Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:13 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
Funny how you call the victim a rule breaker but had nothing to say about the cop murdering someone because she thought a gun was a taser.
Murder? Really? Fan the flames. You work for Walz? Murder is intentional. This was not intentional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 07:41 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Murder? Really? Fan the flames. You work for Walz? Murder is intentional. This was not intentional.
The family of the young, ahem....stand-up citizen, believes the cop should get life in prison.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:39 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The family of the young, ahem....stand-up citizen, believes the cop should get life in prison.
Im sure they do. Anyone who has their life taken, their relatives and those that love that person will want the most severe consequences even if the punishment outdoes the crime.

She definitely needs to be punished but the charge needs to be appropriate to the crime. That wasnt a murder, but manslaughter. She should be charged with manslaughter in the 2nd degree and she should spend some years in prison. But life in prison? I dont think thats right.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:48 PM

44 posts, read 90,073 times
Haven't been on CD in a while. I wanted to chime in about the lake street area since I frequent there a lot but my goodness, there are a lot of right wing instigators here. But it seems like all unmoderated forums are like that these days.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:23 PM

38 posts, read 30,427 times
I have completely divested myself from Minneapolis professionally and financially. "Minneapolis 2.0" will be the same as "Minneapolis 1.0" unless there are drastic leadership changes. And we know that will never happen.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:22 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flash View Post
I have completely divested myself from Minneapolis professionally and financially. "Minneapolis 2.0" will be the same as "Minneapolis 1.0" unless there are drastic leadership changes. And we know that will never happen.
What specifically are you referring to? Is the leadership really that different from Philly’s?

Old 04-24-2021, 05:59 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
This past week at work (hospital) we were trying to get a stroke patient flown out for critical care and the family actually requested they not be transferred to any location in Minneapolis. They didn’t want to be there even knowing that’s where the top stroke centers in the state are located. The patient ended up going to St. Cloud instead.

If that doesn’t paint a vivid picture of what Minneapolis has devolved into I don’t know what does. How proud their citizens must be to know Minnesotans would rather take their chances elsewhere than have access to the best care available. Nope, not a tale conjured for the sake of political score, just straight up reality. This is a mere glimpse at the inevitable descension into the Detroit-like chasm so many have been alluding to in correlation with the sudden and terrible collapse of Minneapolis.

I suppose this would be my “instigative” contribution for the next few weeks. ;^D

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 04-24-2021 at 06:56 AM..

Old 04-24-2021, 07:03 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonx2man View Post
Haven't been on CD in a while. I wanted to chime in about the lake street area since I frequent there a lot but my goodness, there are a lot of right wing instigators here. But it seems like all unmoderated forums are like that these days.

I saw some comment on FB about how MN is the "Mississippi of the Midwest" and I thought to myself, man you guys are really stretching it.

We have highest IQ, best health coverage, longest life expectancy, best educated population in the entire nation(or at least top 3 in all, I believe).

Let's not act like you can't get what you want here. Yes there are conservatives in this state but you know dang well they are outnumbered. This state hasn't voted 'R' in prez race since 50 years ago.

As far as the forum goes, I think people are really ticked at the way things have gone lately and some of us have voiced our displeasure here.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:53 AM

587 posts, read 562,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
What specifically are you referring to? Is the leadership really that different from Philly’s?
As a member since 2006, you should know better than to make broad stroke assumptions about someone based on their user name. According to this persons posting history, they’ve live in both Madison WI and then here in the Twin Cities proper since 1998. And as of a few months ago, they’ve indicated living in Eden Prairie.
You know what they say about people who assUme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post

I suppose this would be my “instigative” contribution for the next few weeks. ;^D

Old 04-24-2021, 07:57 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I saw some comment on FB about how MN is the "Mississippi of the Midwest" and I thought to myself, man you guys are really stretching it.

We have highest IQ, best health coverage, longest life expectancy, best educated population in the entire nation(or at least top 3 in all, I believe).
Don't forget, Ilhan Omar was reported as paying up to $200 per vote in her district; that may lead the nation in that category also.

Anecdotally, my brother and sister-in-law moved her invalid brother from a downtown apartment to the 'burbs to avoid her having to go downtown alone at night. They have spent the bulk of their lives in the Twin Cities area and so know what it used to be like. They also know a St. Paul cop who told them that things are worse than what the Democrat Propaganda Machine reports.

I check out @CrimeWatchMpls every day and there ARE carjackings EVERY day.

Here is what is posted today:
1) Myon Demarlo Burrell-Bell charged w/1st Degree Aggravated Robbery. Accused of stealing a truck & running over the victim in the process. Victim suffered a broken pelvis.

2) Carjacking of female at gunpoint by a group.
xx 3rd Precinct location.
White Jeep Liberty, plate BUH54*
Suspects: Older male and younger male.

The first step to solving problems is RECOGNIZING that there are problems. Walz keeps his head buried so he doesn't see any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul