Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyogal View Post
We are an American family moving back to the Twin Cities after living in Tokyo for over the last 3 years. Our kids, (15,12, 9) are used to a small international private school and are getting close to being fluent in Japanese. I am trying to find any schools that offer Japanese. So far, only see Edina HS as a possibility. Because we are used to big city life, we are considering the MAC/groveland area of St Paul, St. Anthony Park, or the lakes area. we want to be able to walk as much as possible and avoid outer ring suburban life. Because of expat life, and little expense living over here in Tokyo, we have been blessed with being able to afford a house in the 500.000 plus range.
thanks
Southwest High School in Minneapolis (47th and Beard) offers Japanese. Southwest is a very good school, and also offers the IB program. I'm not sure about elementary or middle school options, though. I assume that the Minneapolis Public Schools probably offer something.

Southwest is part of the Minneapolis Public School system, and is located in the southwest corner of the city near the Mpls-Edina border. It serves kids from all the neighborhoods around the lakes so you could live in Uptown or Linden Hills and enjoy a very walkable lifestyle (probably Uptown more than Linden Hills, but both would work).

Also, for future reference, are you familiar with the Concordia Language Camps? They're located in MN, and they do offer a Japanese camp. The camps are expensive, but wonderful. Your kids would probably love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,067 times
I know these posts are older, but I am looking for Japanese language also for my 11 year old, who likes Japanese culture. Anyone looking in Minnesota may want to look into Concordia. Kids can go there I think for 1 or two weeks at a time, and have total immersion in language. They offer many different languages. The cost is up there a bit, but they have scholarships, and it should be tax deductable also, as a learning expense. It should also count as credit for school, if I am not mistaken.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 1,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
Morningside area of Edina might be something to your liking. 8 miles from downtown Minneapolis, and everything you need for shopping and services are very close, plus you get a school system that is very very good. Lake Harriet is very close and there are wonderfull walking paths, bike paths etc.

Best advice for finding a house - pick the area you are wanting to live first, then find a realtor that is highly focused on that area. If you are looking for Edina or SW Minneapolis, I can give you a short list of some excellent realtors. Send me PM if you want that info. Otherwise, good luck in you relocation.

Hi I work for Re/Max in Michigan. I have a few clients who will relocate to University of Minnesota area from Japan. Do you have any suggestions for any realtors (if possible, someone who can speak Japanese?) and the areas to live?
Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,993 times
Could you send the list of the realtors please? Thank you very much!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:43 PM

67 posts, read 149,043 times
Bloomington
It's a sister city with Tokyo

Old 09-19-2014, 03:58 AM

948 posts, read 921,778 times
St. Paul is a sister city of Nagasaki.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:02 AM

948 posts, read 921,778 times
Thanks for the link to the Minnesota Japanese School. Does anybody know more about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul