Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:04 AM

201 posts, read 860,876 times

Advertisements

Hi:
I've been considering Minneapolis as one of my relocation possibilities.

I've been reading that it gets hot and humid in Minneapolis in the summer. Can you please give me some temperatures and humidity level as well as duration of summer so that I can understand what summer is like there.

Thanks much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 05:23 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Typically you see "summer" temps from mid-May through late September. Those would be mid to upper 70's in May and Sept with 80-90's in June-Aug. Usually we have a handful of days in the 100's. Humidity is generally in the 60% range give or take 10%.

This past summer was very cool and other years we have had 90's into October so it can vary. For the hardy MN's, people are generally on the golf course late March-Early April and shorts come out around that time too. Usually you will see temps around 60 then.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:01 PM

394 posts, read 1,518,304 times
Many people in Minnesota complain about the heat and humidity. It is pretty much because Minnesotan's like to exaggerate, discuss, complain, care about weather a little too much. Its no different than other places in the summer. If Minnesotan's think its too humid they should hang out in Atlanta or Boston or Nashville. Anyways, summers in Minnesota are beautiful, hands down. The Twin Cities have so many trees, and the thick dark greens mixed with the urban landscape is remarkable. In the country, corn fields and hay fields with green tree backdrops are amazing too...Not to mention the lakes, and everything that goes along with that.

If we get lucky, "nice weather"- I mean weather you can walk around in, not complain, sunny...etc.., starts in Mid May. The "nice weather" typically lasts until mid October-November. When the trees lose their leaves and mid December comes, you know its winter. And it stays cold, dormat, gray, windy, cold, disgusting, salty, until about mid March, unitl its gross, wet, cold, rainy, sloppy, slushy, until mid May.
Thats weather in Minnesota.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 PM

394 posts, read 1,518,304 times
Except this year, where it didnt really get nice until Mid June.

The dogg days are incredibly hott and muggy. This is usually mid july, where it gets blistering. where its hard to stand outside without breathing hard or sweating. I love the feeling of walking into my house when its 100 and humid out and 65 and chilly inside...

Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 PM

53 posts, read 174,873 times
Summers aren't what you have to worry about, its AWESOME HERE in the summers... its the fridged winters (come January till May....like last year) that you should worry about... YUCK!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 PM

201 posts, read 860,876 times
Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM

12 posts, read 48,362 times
Being from California also, I didn't note any problems with the humidity and I participated a lot in outdoor activities. I had some serious reactions to the mosquitos though... apparently I built up an immunity? As the following years, I had no problems...

There is no weather better that California, but there is nothing like having seasons as well and seeing people get pumped about 32+ degrees!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattpar View Post
There is no weather better that California, but there is nothing like having seasons as well and seeing people get pumped about 32+ degrees!
That's actually funny and very true. When it hits 45 degrees or so in late winter, people are usually out in their shorts! I know, I'm one of them!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:41 PM

12 posts, read 48,362 times
I know... it was so fun seeing the excitement of people after the long winter when the weather creeped up over freezing. I think after 0 degrees anything above freezing is WARM! I thought it was funny that you could date someone for a whole winter and not really know what they look like!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:52 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0402 View Post
Many people in Minnesota complain about the heat and humidity. It is pretty much because Minnesotan's like to exaggerate, discuss, complain, care about weather a little too much. Its no different than other places in the summer. If Minnesotan's think its too humid they should hang out in Atlanta or Boston or Nashville.
Yeah, right. Minnesota gets brutally humid. Boston does not get that humid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattpar View Post
Being from California also, I didn't note any problems with the humidity and I participated a lot in outdoor activities.
I am from California as well. Minnesotas' humidity blows any humidity that California may receive off the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul