Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 PM

169 posts, read 344,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Lil Mama, I think skyegirl was being sarcastic... my first clue was when she said "Sorry. Ignorance brings out my sarcastic side".

Run on sentence, run like the wind.
well since theres such a huge understanding about pretty much evrything I say on here why cant I do it to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 04:42 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I am for interracial marriages and I see nothing wrong with them. This "stick with your own kind" stuff I hear, well, I don't buy into it. If a person doesn't want to be in an interracial relationship, well, that is that person's problem. However, trying to vilify and demonize others for dating or marrying interracially is what I would consider to be wrong.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 PM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times
To add to what greenmariner said, "the damage has already been done". Meaning, for example, there are plenty of Black and White folks in Mississippi that are part Choctaw(which I am and my dad is from Tchula, btw). So, many Black and White people in Mississippi could be related indirectly through Native American heritage. You also have the Creole influence in Southern Mississippi similar to Louisiana. So, there are some people in that part of the state that are of say African and French descent. So, it's been going on in Mississippi longer than people think it has.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
To add to what greenmariner said, "the damage has already been done". Meaning, for example, there are plenty of Black and White folks in Mississippi that are part Choctaw(which I am and my dad is from Tchula, btw). So, many Black and White people in Mississippi could be related indirectly through Native American heritage. You also have the Creole influence in Southern Mississippi similar to Louisiana. So, there are some people in that part of the state that are of say African and French descent. So, it's been going on in Mississippi longer than people think it has.
That is something important to consider. I am part Choctaw on my mother's side of the family, as well as some French.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is something important to consider. I am part Choctaw on my mother's side of the family, as well as some French.
I am a mix of Swiss, German, and American Indian (Choctaw, maybe?) as far as I know. I would like to do DNA testing to find out exactly.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I am a mix of Swiss, German, and American Indian (Choctaw, maybe?) as far as I know. I would like to do DNA testing to find out exactly.
I would also like to get a DNA test. I know I have African ancestry, being a Black man. However, I would like to know specifically which ethnic groups I come from in Africa.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM

first off I didnt say that there not allowed to date outside of there race I just said I dont approve of it and I'm not gonna hold back my thoughts especially when I was challenged by some smart Moderator cut: language removed

to do it,I've grown up plenty I've had to since I was 12 and am now 27 and I'm manged to progress greatly,(so dont dare for one second, act like you know anything about me )
but guess what I know many more just like me that dont agreee and approve with it either
you can be done with me LOL I dont remember asking for your opinion or your assumptions on my life, but like I said in my first sentence it is a public forum and I expected to get my head chewed off by someone like you

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-01-2011 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
In defense of Mississippi, Lil Mama is located in Kentucky.
yea I'm also originally from Bronx, Ny to wow aint the world funny

Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Last time I checked, it's 2011, not 1950. I cannot believe such shallow, bigoted people still exist (insert Deliverance music here). Frightening.
I know its scary when control freaks dont get there way

Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Mamma View Post
The kind of Moderator cut: crude language removed

you give the South a bad repuation and make us look very ignorant to people from the rest of the world.
Yeah that whole line rite there made you the ignorant one my dear... wheres a country boy flying the rebel flag when you need one

I cant help but notice how angry you've gotten and have to resort to cursing and name calling what exactly are you hiding

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-01-2011 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi