Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:42 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Please don't call the cops and ruin someone's life because you don't like a smell...

...I get that the smell bothers her and that it sucks for you guys, but please don't ruin someone's life over this. It sounds like these people are minding their own business in their own home.

...If you hate other people's odors that much, it might be better to get a house with space around it vs living in such close proximity to others. Because a LOT of people smoke weed. Even if you manage to get this person evicted, another stoner could move right in.

Or the person who has no concern for his or her neighbors should take responsibility and not blatantly break the rules. I have no issue with someone smoking weed, but the OP will not be ruining someone's life because he doesn't like the smell... no, the smoker will be doing that because he could at least try to take others into consideration.

Here's an idea. Maybe since it is an apartment complex with people living in close proximity, and there are rules in the complex, maybe the smoker should move to a house with space around it. Suggesting that the person who is following the rules and doing nothing wrong should move instead of the person breaking the rules and disturbing others is wrong and irresponsible.

Last edited by jhadorn; 03-18-2019 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 11:51 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times
Default Nicotine is not THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
This outfit thinks you are wrong about second hand smoke. If secondhand nicotine smoke is bad for you, I suspect secondhand cannabis smoke is bad for you. Call the law.
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...and-smoke.html
Your suspicions would be wrong because the premise is wrong. Nicotine is not anything like THC or CBD. Likewise the smoke from two very different substances are different and will have different results.

But we're not even talking about smoke here, we're talking about the mere smell of a substance.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:26 PM

252 posts, read 298,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Or the person who has no concern for his or her neighbors should take responsibility and not blatantly break the rules. I have no issue with someone smoking weed, but the OP will not be ruining someone's life because he doesn't like the smell... no, the smoker will be doing that because he could at least try to take others into consideration.

Here's an idea. Maybe since it is an apartment complex with people living in close proximity, and there are rules in the complex, maybe the smoker should move to a house with space around it. Suggesting that the person who is following the rules and doing nothing wrong should move instead of the person breaking the rules and disturbing others is wrong and irresponsible.
Yeah I have to laugh at that suggestion. Sounds like someone is overly baked in Cali.....

I suppose if I was blasting my music at top volume that you should move because its too loud...

Old 03-19-2019, 05:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Trust me, the nausea/headaches are not caused by the weed.
You don't know that her nausea and headaches are not caused by the pot. Have you ever been pregnant? Even normal everyday things can cause you to feel sick. The smell of onions made me sick with one of my pregnancies. With another, the smell of potato chips and ketchup. With another one I would get nauseated and vomit bile any time my stomach was empty, but at the same time I couldn't eat anything. It's not fun.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:39 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Your suspicions would be wrong because the premise is wrong. Nicotine is not anything like THC or CBD. Likewise the smoke from two very different substances are different and will have different results.

But we're not even talking about smoke here, we're talking about the mere smell of a substance.

https://drugabuse.com/lets-clear-the...rijuana-smoke/

Secondhand marijuana smoke isn’t only harmful, it’s more damaging than tobacco smoke. To protect the long-term health of our heart and lungs, we need to avoid exposure. Interestingly, studies show it’s the burning of plant material that causes impairment to our blood vessels, not the THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) or the rolling paper. Bottom line: You can’t simply change those factors and enjoy harmless smoke.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...arijuana-smoke

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/healt...ner/index.html

Old 03-20-2019, 03:36 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You don't know that her nausea and headaches are not caused by the pot. Have you ever been pregnant? Even normal everyday things can cause you to feel sick. The smell of onions made me sick with one of my pregnancies. With another, the smell of potato chips and ketchup. With another one I would get nauseated and vomit bile any time my stomach was empty, but at the same time I couldn't eat anything. It's not fun.
Nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:55 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom.
Yes, but you’ve ignored everything else in this thread.

Pot smokers, unite!, apparently. And to he** with anyone who doesn’t want to smell the foul odor.

OP, call the police. I wouldn’t give 1 second’s consideration to jerk neighbors who clearly did not give 1 second’s thought to whom THEY might be harming with their illegal activities.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
https://drugabuse.com/lets-clear-the...rijuana-smoke/

Secondhand marijuana smoke isn’t only harmful, it’s more damaging than tobacco smoke. To protect the long-term health of our heart and lungs, we need to avoid exposure. Interestingly, studies show it’s the burning of plant material that causes impairment to our blood vessels, not the THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) or the rolling paper. Bottom line: You can’t simply change those factors and enjoy harmless smoke.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...arijuana-smoke

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/healt...ner/index.html
So essentially it's like sitting by a campfire. The horror!

Old 03-20-2019, 03:57 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
I'm gonna really live life on the edge later and go have a few tokes by the campfire, cause that's just how I roll.

Devil may care and doubling down on it.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:13 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
So essentially it's like sitting by a campfire. The horror!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
I'm gonna really live life on the edge later and go have a few tokes by the campfire, cause that's just how I roll.

Devil may care and doubling down on it.
You know, you're being pretty much a jerk. If you were sitting at a campfire smoking, the incredibly horrible stench of what you were smoking would NOT get into the OP's apartment.

That is NOT the OP's situation -- because the smoke IS getting into their apartment, and why on earth should they have to put up with that? Those who are saying that THAT "is not a big deal" are delusional (as is the poster who said no one could smell marijuana on her just after smoking -- BS!!).

So yes, it IS a big deal. This is why many apartment buildings don't allow smoking of any kind inside the buildings -- because the smoke will go to other apartments, and the people who live in those apartments should not have to put up with it.

And you wonder why people are against decriminalization or legalization of marijuana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi