Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 05:30 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times

Advertisements

I smoke marijuana pretty much all day every day but I'm going to have to disagree with most of the people defending the smokers. You should knock on that door next time you catch the first whiff. If they don't answer leave a note. They need to cut it out. If it doesn't stop after you have warned them multiple times you need to call the cops. If he owned the house I would feel otherwise but he is in a community apartment. He needs to be considerate. Maybe stop smoking for a couple months so he can afford a place outside of an apartment so he won't be bothering his neighbors. I would be pissed too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 05:50 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
You know, you're being pretty much a jerk. If you were sitting at a campfire smoking, the incredibly horrible stench of what you were smoking would NOT get into the OP's apartment.

That is NOT the OP's situation -- because the smoke IS getting into their apartment, and why on earth should they have to put up with that? Those who are saying that THAT "is not a big deal" are delusional (as is the poster who said no one could smell marijuana on her just after smoking -- BS!!).

So yes, it IS a big deal. This is why many apartment buildings don't allow smoking of any kind inside the buildings -- because the smoke will go to other apartments, and the people who live in those apartments should not have to put up with it.

And you wonder why people are against decriminalization or legalization of marijuana?
Wouldn't be the first time I've been a jerk.

But I was referring to the health risks some carry on so much about, not the smell.

I suspect most people against legalization have more than the smell as their primary motivator.

I never said I wondered why folks were against it, what gave you that idea?

Old 03-21-2019, 07:50 PM

121 posts, read 342,292 times
That One Girl, that has to be one of the stupidest answers I've ever seen on CD.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:59 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom.
Again, you don't know that her nausea and headaches are not caused by the pot. You have every right to smoke pot all you want as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights. And everyone else has a right NOT to be exposed to your pot.

Wow, until this thread I really saw no reason NOT to legalize pot. But if pot smokers are this inconsiderate of others, then I don't think legalizing it is a good idea.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:12 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Again, you don't know that her nausea and headaches are not caused by the pot. You have every right to smoke pot all you want as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights. And everyone else has a right NOT to be exposed to your pot.

Wow, until this thread I really saw no reason NOT to legalize pot. But if pot smokers are this inconsiderate of others, then I don't think legalizing it is a good idea.
Not all of them are inconsiderate. I think most of them aren't actually. It's just that the smokers who are reading this thread and may not be aware of the imposition on others (and yes, some may not care if they impose on others), or the ones that feel the need to defend other smokers are speaking out.

For example, some police see mostly the BAD aspect of people and it clouds how they look at all people... or how people will complain when they get bad service but almost never leave good feedback for good service. You are seeing the comments from other smokers left here, but what you don't see right now is the ones who don't want to impose on others. Some of the people here who are agreeing that it is wrong to impose your smoke on others may be smokers themselves but don't feel the need or want to disclose that.

Last edited by jhadorn; 03-22-2019 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-23-2019, 08:58 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
.............And you wonder why people are against decriminalization or legalization of marijuana?
I just had this wonderful vision of one of those potheads being dragged off to the car while screaming, "But I am in favor of legalization!"
It doesn't matter what anyone's habits and preferences are. It's illegal here and anyone with conviction and a telephone can stop it cold.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:30 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

I've just made the observation, that nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom. And it has incredibly riled people up on this thread.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:23 PM

396 posts, read 421,748 times
It's a shame that some smokers, pot or cigarettes, can be some of the most, head up their own ass, selfish, inconsiderate people. And get those types in an apartment complex and life becomes hell.

We had the same thing where we used to live. It was "fancy" new complex too. Between the smokers and people leaving their dogs barking on the balconies all night while they went out to party, we ended up just moving.

Sorry you're dealing with this

Old 03-25-2019, 12:20 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
I've just made the observation, that nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom. And it has incredibly riled people up on this thread.
Everyone knows nausea is a common symptom of pregnancy. What has "incredibly riled people up" is your insistence that her nausea isn't due to the pot and that you seem to think the pot smoker's rights outweigh the pregnant woman's rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi