Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:07 PM

21 posts, read 97,186 times

Advertisements

Homemaker Health is advertising that they have openings for CNAs and caregivers in Callaway and Audrain counties (Laddonia is in Audrain co). www.homemakerhealth.org
I saw the ad in the Fulton Sun www.fultonsun.com , click on classifieds, the ad is toward the bottom of the page.

I very much agree with the advice to rent for a while in your new area before you buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,299 times
Default Marcelin is ok

I don't really know your particular situation, but Marceline is an okay place to raise your children. I am a single mom of 3 with 2 at home still. It's a little clicky but I don't let that bother me. The job situation isn't the greatest but I have a daytime M-F job that pays minimum wage. The school is pretty good as far as I know. I live in Liberty for 3 years and it's a lot smaller than that. Good luck with your decision and I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:15 AM

5 posts, read 32,274 times
Personally, I would choose Laddonia. I live in Mexico, and it's a great place to raise kids. If you choose Laddonia, you should transport your kids to Mexico (about 20 miles) but there are much more opportunities around here. There's roughly 12,000 people here. Neither of my parents have college degrees, but we make about 65,000 dollars a year (living pretty comfortably)

Laddonia is a farming community, but a nice enough place.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:21 PM

4 posts, read 8,988 times
I live in Marceline and have for most of my life. I love it here. It's the "Boyhood Home of Walt Disney" I am raising 3 kids here, I am employed full time and have my own home, so it is possible. It is nice to live in a quiet community where people don't lock their front doors and your kids can go for bike rides and walks without having to worry about something bad happening to them, heck I leave my keys in my car!! It is as safe and secure as you can get. Sure bad things happen and people break the law but it really is very quiet.

My only complaint about Marceline is that there is a big problem getting ready to happen by Jan 2009 with the City of Marceline and their electric rates. They are getting ready to jack them up, 50-70% up. That is a huge problem and I am even considering leaving if my electric bill gets so high that I have to choose between lights or groceries.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,054 times
Thumbs up housing near st. louis

Just a quick question, have you tried the rural development for home loan? They will supplement your payments depending on your income; and you can buy with no down payment, the only thing you have to have is the closing costs. The other requirement is that it is in a rural area with certain populations, the counties around St. Louis that qualify are Warren, Lincoln, Franklin, Jefferson and then some further away.

Good Luckhttp://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...ons/icon14.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri