Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 PM

12 posts, read 37,070 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am going to be in Jefferson City for a few months for work. My bf and I are looking for some ideas for some fun dates while we are in the area. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
What do you like to do? How soon will you be here? Will you have a car?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 AM

12 posts, read 37,070 times
We will be there in about two weeks, and we will have a car. We like to do all sorts of thing and are always up for a new adventure!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:40 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Ice skating: Nov10fsspIce Arena
Bowling: Jefferson City Bowling - Rainbow Lanes
The Penitentiary tours: Historical 'hard hat tours' begin at Missouri State Penitentiary - Columbia Missourian

OK, I'm out.

But, you're a quick half hour drive to Columbia, where's there's tons of activities. Check out Vox Magazine for ideas: Vox Magazine

Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Be certain to tour the Capitol building and see the Thomas Hart Benton murals.
Jeff City MO

There are a number of wineries in central Missouri.
http://missouririverwinetrail.com/

A trip over to Hermann is worth the time.
http://visithermann.com/

Depending on the months you will be visiting, a trip up to Booneville and Warm Springs Ranch, the breeding ranch for the Budweiser Clydesdales, might make a nice day trip. You will need to call ahead, they are not open year round and tours must be scheduled. http://www.warmspringsranch.com/warm...-springs-ranch

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-06-2011 at 11:49 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 29,572 times
hello My Family and I are considering moving to Missouri from California. I heard Good things about Missouri like it is a Christian State with good Values.. We are Country Type People Donot want the City life Because we are coming from Fresno CA, So aplace with good Schools Decent work..... Any Suggestions.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:11 PM

132 posts, read 389,671 times
If you're looking for ultra conservative, you'll definitely want to stay away from the big cities like St. Louis and Kansas City, as they are much more liberal than the rest of the state. There are many nice rural communities in Missouri. It seems that the farther South you go, the more conservative, but I've heard that some of the Southern counties are also more economically challenged. It's too hard to narrow your search down to a specific town or county without more information on what you're looking for. Are jobs a factor? What kind of industry to you work in? How far of a commute do you want to your job? How far away do you want to be from one of the major cities (St. Louis, KC, Columbia, Springfield)? I live in St. Louis myself, so perhaps someone else can recommend specific towns for you.

By the way, I think you will find that most Missourians have good values and ethics despite their religion or political leanings. There are a lot of good people in Missouri!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:25 AM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,098,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swwright View Post
hello My Family and I are considering moving to Missouri from California. I heard Good things about Missouri like it is a Christian State with good Values.. We are Country Type People Donot want the City life Because we are coming from Fresno CA, So aplace with good Schools Decent work..... Any Suggestions.
I can't think of one state that isn't Christian with good values. Personally, I think Jefferson City is probably one of the last Midwestern capitals I'd live in, unless I'm in the Dakotas...Springfield, Illinois and Topeka also win out over Jeff City.

Regardless, Jeff City is an ok place...to me it's too small. I'd recommend Springfield, MO or Columbia over Jeff City personally if you don't want to live in KC or STL. A lot more happening in both of these places, and both will suit what you're looking for conveniently.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,221,625 times
Visit Columbia (great downtown area for nightclubs and food and diversity)
Tour the state capitol
Tour the Governor's house
Go swimming or boating on whatever river jeff city is on
Visit St.Louis
Visit Kansas City
Visit Branson
U will probably need to go out of the city for fun because there are not a lot of attractions in the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri