Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

All i know for sure is that the Citizens of Mo are suffering at the hands of some politicians from both sides of the fence. This was a partisan act.How we stop these people on both sides from tearing our state down i have no idea. I heard Tilley on tv last weekend and i think it was him that was talking about term limits. He said on term limits the people all just know they are out so they just stonewall for their side of the fence and spend the rest of the time trying to land a great job as a lobbyist. I think blocking them from becoming a lobbyist for a few years would be beneficial to our state residents.

I wouldn't be surprised that tilley might run for gov. With his back door deals i consider him another kenny hulschof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 08:09 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,638,868 times
It's important to note that taxpayers did not pay for this.

It's still stupid and gross btdubs.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
It's important to note that taxpayers did not pay for this.

It's still stupid and gross btdubs.
Who did pay for it. Who paid the Highway Patrol that locked the doors so only invited people could attend?

As was said about this.

Assistant Minority Leader Tishaura Jones, D-St. Louis, contrasted yesterday's ceremony with the one last week inducting Scott that was open and streamed live on the Internet.

House inducts Limbaugh in secret ceremony | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

" Jones said in a statement. "When you take great steps to hide what you're doing, it usually means that you know what you're doing is wrong."

Sounds pretty true to me.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Who did pay for it. Who paid the Highway Patrol that locked the doors so only invited people could attend?

As was said about this.

Assistant Minority Leader Tishaura Jones, D-St. Louis, contrasted yesterday's ceremony with the one last week inducting Scott that was open and streamed live on the Internet.

House inducts Limbaugh in secret ceremony | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

" Jones said in a statement. "When you take great steps to hide what you're doing, it usually means that you know what you're doing is wrong."

Sounds pretty true to me.
Yeah, I'd like to know who paid for it as well.
Not Tilley, thats for damn sure!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 AM

The fact that Tilley and other key Republicans were willing to face potential embarrassment and even some political fallout makes me wonder if Rush Limbaugh hasn't recently donated a large amount of money to a statewide Republican PAC. I hope there are some journalists exploring Limbaugh's political contributions. I wouldn't be surprised if Limbaugh bought his place in the hall with a big chunk of money to fund the Republican candidate to challenge Nixon in November.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 AM

971 posts, read 1,454,699 times
I would venture a guess that by the time you young people double your age, you will have seen a lot of stuff you will hate and voice your opinions as well. LOL

Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
I would venture a guess that by the time you young people double your age, you will have seen a lot of stuff you will hate and voice your opinions as well. LOL
When I double my age, I will be 100.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
I'll be 120! How old are you?

Looks like not just the young are against this.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBluesFan View Post
Well Rush has done a lot and is a very sucessful man. He deserves it.

What have you done?

My argument is that why isn't Sterling Price or Claiborne Jackson honored.

Especially Sterling Price. He should be inducted because of his courage and how he led men that were very underarmed into battle and still put up a fight. I plan on talking to my state rep after the elections about getting sterling price honored.
First off:

Not much really at all. In 1998 I became Legal Guardian for a Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenic. His family asked me to do it and thus keeping him out of the Criminal Justice System and a few small other things as a member of The IOOF.

Nothing quite as spectacular as getting caught in an Oxycotin purchase and then rolling over on my housekeeper to get out of trouble.Nor have i been caught with someone else's drugs either. Nor have i vilified strangers to me on a radio show to further my own agenda.

NOW IT IS YOUR TURN!

What have you done to earn award into the MO Hall of Fame?

"My argument is that why isn't Sterling Price or Claiborne Jackson honored"

Exactly. People dead for years that had ahistorical impact on Mo.

What is historical about rush? Other than he most likely bought his way in.He put money in TILLEYS TILL

Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
First off:

Not much really at all. In 1998 I became Legal Guardian for a Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenic. His family asked me to do it and thus keeping him out of the Criminal Justice System and a few small other things as a member of The IOOF.

Nothing quite as spectacular as getting caught in an Oxycotin purchase and then rolling over on my housekeeper to get out of trouble.Nor have i been caught with someone else's drugs either. Nor have i vilified strangers to me on a radio show to further my own agenda.

NOW IT IS YOUR TURN!

What have you done to earn award into the MO Hall of Fame?

"My argument is that why isn't Sterling Price or Claiborne Jackson honored"

Exactly. People dead for years that had ahistorical impact on Mo.

What is historical about rush? Other than he most likely bought his way in.He put money in TILLEYS TILL
Meh, thats just onegoal in his last reincarnation.
He already has another account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri