Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Cumdungeon- why must you attack one's intelligence because they don't share your political view?
Nope! Just their youth, inexperience and the obvious dearth of real heroes in their lives. Actually, it's quite sad.

You don't know my political view. But you make the fragile premise of yours all too evident. It's not the position. It's the reason, or lack thereof, behind it.

Sorry, youngster, 20 years working in politics will decidedly make a curmudgeon out of you, if you have a brain that it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,910,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Always an excellent reason to vote for someone.

But then again, as a retired political and legislative analyst who coincidentally is married to another one, I've always said and we've always agreed that you'll never get rich betting on the collective memory and intelligence of the American electorate.
Shades of H.L. Mencken....and Barnum and Bailey, perhaps...

After the ridiculous statements from Aiken, this race shouldn't even be close...

Old 10-15-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving46 View Post
I will vote for aiken even though I dont agree with his statement.
reson is because nothing gets done in the senate due to crazy harry not allowing a budget to be passed.
I dont like or trust that man. just looking at him makes me wanna throw a shoe
all the democrats want is to control your life,get rid of guns and laugh the whole way right along with mr ego slimy bill clinton. hes the one that needs a shoe thrown to retirement

Its time to bring in new and retire the old. if you think you have to keep voting the same old people
in to do the same ole thing then go right ahead but when you lose your freedom and we become another
greece because crazy harry runs the show dont cry on my shoulder wake up!!
Thanks for the input, kid.

I feel much the same way about Mr. Obstructionist, John "Boo-Hoo" Boehner..

Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Quote:
Nope! Just their youth, inexperience and the obvious dearth of real heroes in their lives. Actually, it's quite sad.

You don't know my political view. But you make the fragile premise of yours all too evident. It's not the position. It's the reason, or lack thereof, behind it.

Sorry, youngster, 20 years working in politics will decidedly make a curmudgeon out of you, if you have a brain that it is!
I'm in favor of Republicans winning control of all three branches of government. If Romney wins the presidency and Republicans win a majority in both the House and Senate, things will be in order to get something done under he and Ryan's leadership. I don't know everything, nor does anybody, but I've come to a personal conclusion that Republican steering will be the best way to get this country back on track. Jobs are the most important issue, in my opinion, as well as the economy in general. While I don't know for sure which major ideology is truly best and I can understand both sides, I tend to lean Republican and said ideology just makes more sense to me. I like the idea of a smaller federal government, more responsibility held by individual states and individuals, and states rights. I like Romney's idea of growing the economy and expanding the taxbase rather than raising taxes. I like the idea of streamlining taxation and making tax rates more palatable. I like the idea of making tough decisions and making major cuts. I like the idea of more aggressively reducing the defecit and debt. I even like the idea of voter ID laws. Further, I don't care to see Iran produce a nuclear weapon when they repeatedly speak of destroying Israel. I don't like the idea of having folks in office who may be a bit too optimistic and/or naive when it comes to the evil in the world that we must be protected from. I believe our military is important and we have to be prepared for the unknown.

I'm sorry if you're upset about that or don't agree with me. You can insult me all you want, but there are millions of other reasonably educated and individuals more educated than myself that have very similar political views. I may be right. I may be wrong. All I can do is sit back and watch everything unfold. Perhaps in 4 years I will have changed my tune. It's hard to say. And you're right, I am young.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I'm in favor of Republicans winning control of all three branches of government. If Romney wins the presidency and Republicans win a majority in both the House and Senate, things will be in order to get something done under he and Ryan's leadership. I don't know everything, nor does anybody, but I've come to a personal conclusion that Republican steering will be the best way to get this country back on track. Jobs are the most important issue, in my opinion, as well as the economy in general. While I don't know for sure which major ideology is truly best and I can understand both sides, I tend to lean Republican and said ideology just makes more sense to me. I like the idea of a smaller federal government, more responsibility held by individual states and individuals, and states rights. I like Romney's idea of growing the economy and expanding the taxbase rather than raising taxes. I like the idea of streamlining taxation and making tax rates more palatable. I like the idea of making tough decisions and making major cuts. I like the idea of more aggressively reducing the defecit and debt. I even like the idea of voter ID laws. Further, I don't care to see Iran produce a nuclear weapon when they repeatedly speak of destroying Israel. I don't like the idea of having folks in office who may be a bit too optimistic and/or naive when it comes to the evil in the world that we must be protected from. I believe our military is important and we have to be prepared for the unknown.

I'm sorry if you're upset about that or don't agree with me. You can insult me all you want, but there are millions of other reasonably educated and individuals more educated than myself that have very similar political views. I may be right. I may be wrong. All I can do is sit back and watch everything unfold. Perhaps in 4 years I will have changed my tune. It's hard to say. And you're right, I am young.
Not upset at all and by all means, don't take me too seriously. After all those years in political arenas, I tend to take it all in with a great deal of amusement and I certainly don't take any of it personally. Like you, I sit back and watch. I also do some forecasting based upon past experience. But it might surprise you to know that I am a complete and utter independent and actually quite moderate. Fiscally I lean somewhat to the right. Socially I'm either in the middle or tend a wee bit to port.

That you're interested at all speaks well of you. Not enough people pay attention. Obviously, you do. Bravo!

Now all that remains for all of us is to vote as we will, sit back, see what happens and either rejoice, lament, or scratch our heads in wonder.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Not upset at all and by all means, don't take me too seriously. After all those years in political arenas, I tend to take it all in with a great deal of amusement and I certainly don't take any of it personally. Like you, I sit back and watch. I also do some forecasting based upon past experience. But it might surprise you to know that I am a complete and utter independent and actually quite moderate. Fiscally I lean somewhat to the right. Socially I'm either in the middle or tend a wee bit to port.

That you're interested at all speaks well of you. Not enough people pay attention. Obviously, you do. Bravo!

Now all that remains for all of us is to vote as we will, sit back, see what happens and either rejoice, lament, or scratch our heads in wonder.
I agree. And there is the real possibility that, regardless of who is elected, in any office, our lives will not change in any substantial way...

Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Quote:

It sounds like we're pretty much on the same page. While I lean right, if Obama is going to win, Congress might as well be Democrat controlled as well, just so something can get done. I wouldn't mind seeing what they'll do if they get the chance.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
It sounds like we're pretty much on the same page. While I lean right, if Obama is going to win, Congress might as well be Democrat controlled as well, just so something can get done. I wouldn't mind seeing what they'll do if they get the chance.
LOL! Actually, the prospect scares the hell out of me. We're retired. That means our incomes are relatively fixed. We do just fine the way they are but if tax and spenders take a full majority, I shudder to think how that will impact our lives and well being. I much prefer a split Congress because at least they can do less harm. Then it's up to the president to really work both sides of the aisle and come to some reasonable consensus. Wealth redistribution is not my idea of a reason. Some of us worked too damn hard to have the fruits of our labors given to those who didn't bother. But that's just my take on it.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:40 PM

155 posts, read 278,804 times
carmudgen I agree with what you said.

I am in my 40s and it scares me where this country is headed.
It also scares me to think of crazy harry and dizzy nancy in control after
the electon.

I beleve if you vote for romney and nothing gets done in 4 years then
at least you can vote hime out. I DONT trust obama

Old 10-18-2012, 01:03 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Shades of H.L. Mencken....and Barnum and Bailey, perhaps...

After the ridiculous statements from Aiken, this race shouldn't even be close...

sadly, it is much closer than it should be.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri