Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:35 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times

Advertisements

I have seen many photos on here ..watched many post ...... watched stories come up ....... and now am really wondering ..

What does everyone do? We know some of them (the little house give'm away)

lol I even catch myself thinking omg look at that ----------- I need to get a new job .. I wonder what he/ she does!

I am a home daycare provider - NOT a babysitter!! I run a licensed home daycare ... with lots of state paper work
Hubby is in management in the auto industry

So what do ya folks do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 10:40 PM

46 posts, read 236,599 times
man, what dont i do. i have a broad range of skills. i currently work as a contractor, not for myself, but for a small company. a little bit of this and that. i used to be a graphic designer before this and a L.A.M.P developer (computer programming). home theater designer/installer before that. i'm loving the work i do now as i can do it anywhere and i keep learning new things every day :-)

Old 09-16-2007, 11:22 PM

430 posts, read 1,264,214 times
I'm the Purchasing Manager for one of the largest Food Banks in the Southwest. My job involves purchasing all the food and related items to feed approx. 15,000 people per month as well as purchasing all the foods for our 3 children's nutrition programs. I work with a several million dollar budget.

I also work closely with the Child Nutrition Manager to create menu's for children that meet all the Federal and State guidelines for proper nutrition. I also create and purchase foods for Emergency food boxes for diabetic clients.

I will miss my job when we move to MO, but the local "bass" will give me something to do as well as all my plans for gardening, quilting, scrapbooking and reading.....I will be retiring...

O.Nana

Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
I'm the Purchasing Manager for one of the largest Food Banks in the Southwest. My job involves purchasing all the food and related items to feed approx. 15,000 people per month as well as purchasing all the foods for our 3 children's nutrition programs. I work with a several million dollar budget.

I also work closely with the Child Nutrition Manager to create menu's for children that meet all the Federal and State guidelines for proper nutrition. I also create and purchase foods for Emergency food boxes for diabetic clients.

I will miss my job when we move to MO, but the local "bass" will give me something to do as well as all my plans for gardening, quilting, scrapbooking and reading.....I will be retiring...

O.Nana
Hey I am on the USDA Food Program at my home .. My rep comes visits inspects makes sure my menus are up to up ... I think they are hiring hint
I love my rep she is soo darn helpful ... if I have questions I can call her up and shes right back at me with answers..

I scrap book too..........thinking of changing to all digital .. more space for it less mess

Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,496 times
I am a muralist as most of you know. Ive painted for a major Hospital here in Fontana.
I also like to paint on canvas at home. Portraits, landscapes and what not. Some of those pictures on the pic thread I would love to paint!
My husband is a mechanic, very good at what he does. Light line, trans work.I mention this because he types in on a thread now and then under the same name. Were a crew, thats fer sure!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM

318 posts, read 727,265 times
I am lucky to be a stay at home mother of 2. And I do not sit and eat bon, bons all day. My husband is and independent contractor and I manage the office. I recently got back into making the time to ride my horses and am enjoying to cooling weather.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
I am lucky to be a stay at home mother of 2. And I do not sit and eat bon, bons all day. My husband is and independent contractor and I manage the office. I recently got back into making the time to ride my horses and am enjoying to cooling weather.
You probably work harder than most !! SAHM fewwwwwwwwwwww I make jokes about wanting to be one now that my kids are one out of the nest and one is a senior in high school! ..

There was a time when I did the stage mom stuff ..running from pageant to pageant ......... then to turn around and run fast to the ball games so I didnt miss anything ......... Im glad those days are .. Im not going to say it I have 2.5 grandsons right now (.5 is still baking )

Old 09-17-2007, 12:15 PM

318 posts, read 727,265 times
Default ?? Sahm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
SAHM fewwwwwwwwwwww
can I ask the meaning?????

I do work harder on some days, but enjoy that I can be there for them. I do miss getting the paycheck so to speak.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:24 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default Now and then

I used to be a project manager for a computer company in the San Fransisco Bay area. Had a group of great folks who tested software installations, modifications, etc. on behalf of various business groups. Loved my job.

Quit working about 5 years ago to travel the US. We have an RV and travel around the countryside about 5-6 months out of the year. We spend a month in Santa Fe NM every fall where we take cooking classes and attend the Wine and Chile Fiesta.

Think about going back to work, seasonally, from time to time, but then it seems to interfer with life. Do miss the paycheck though.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 09-17-2007 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
can I ask the meaning?????

I do work harder on some days, but enjoy that I can be there for them. I do miss getting the paycheck so to speak.
sahm stay at home mom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri