Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
OK! I HAVE TO TELL YOU...

I have been running around, CRAZY, this week!!

My hubby quit his day job!!!

BUT, He is going to be a FULL TIME ENTERTAINER in Branson!! http://bestsmileys.com/music1/3.gif (broken link)

I always knew he was awesome and talented, but now he will finally get some recognition!!
It's a little scary, but we are really excited! You know he's been playing bass and singing back ups (well, one feature) at the Branson Brothers Show, but now he is a featured vocalist in the Good Morning Branson show!!!! AND, in a few weeks, he is starting a new show at 5 o'clock, as well. (I don't even know the name of it, yet!) AND, He will probably be on a BILLBOARD soon!!! Or, at least a "rack card"!! You guys should see his new spiffy, "duds"!! Four new Pretty 3 pc suits! He will be "Walkin' in Memphis" with his Blue Suede Shoes at The Americana Theatre!!!
We have to make a date some Saturday morning to go see his new show! WHOEVER wants to go, just let me know! I KNOW some of you guys can get down here!! Cuz, I will probably be going EVERY SATURDAY!!!!! Join me! And, wish him luck!
Here's a song for my cd friends!!

http://bestsmileys.com/famous/3.gif (broken link)
Oh, Darlynn! How exciting and wonderful!!! I bet you are both off-the-charts excited!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4807-musique.gif (broken link)

I'd love to come down and see him perform! My husband will probably want to come, too...if he can get away from HIS day job.

What days of the week is MrDarlynn performing? We went down to Branson Landing today. We hadn't been down there in ages and had a nice time, even though it was short. The weather was amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 AM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Our trip was terrific! After a bit of initial confusion regarding our rental car, the company of which is located in Platte City, about 5 miles north of the KC Airport, we wound up in a big ol' Mercury Grand Marquis with power everything in it.

On Friday afternoon we looked at four homes for sale, and went ga-ga over one of them in particular. Our second favorite home is one that I looked at back in September, that has a nice spacious fenced backyard and is located in a wonderful area of town. The other two are OK but not quite as nice as the first two. So now we're back to just needing to get our house here in California sold!

Saturday we drove out to the lovely little Amish town of Jamesport, not too far from Cameron, and did some shopping. I think some of the only towns in California that can come remotely close to Jamesport's charm are Ferndale, with its many Victorian homes and redwood trees, and Solvang, with its strong Danish heritage; it's located far south of here down close to Santa Barbara.

On Sunday we went to the Cathedral of St. Joseph, a few blocks north of downtown. It's a beautiful old church among many, many beautiful old churches throughout the town. I told my wife, "There seem to be as many churches here as there are Starbucks Coffee places back in Santa Rosa!" Later in the day we drove a short distance into Kansas, down to Atchison, back up to Weston, and then back to St. Joe to visit one of the most quirky, bizarre museums you'll find anywhere: the Glore Psychiatric Museum Glore Psychiatric Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri. It's a part of The St. Joseph Museums Inc. that include the St. Joseph Museum and Black Archives Museum within the same building. The Glore Museum has exhibits showing how mental patients have been treated (?) over the past several centuries up until the mid-1960s. It's pretty wild, and sad at the same time. Once you visit the Glore Psychiatric Museum, you'll easily see why it deserved a place in the book "1,000 Places to See Before You Die in the USA and Canada." Even the elevator, a big old Otis elevator, is painted a weird-looking lemon yellow color on the inside that adds to the odd charm of the museum.

The December 2007 ice storm clobbered St. Joe something awful. All over town you can still see broken tree limbs and branches, including a few that haven't quite broken completely off the trees. It's going to take more time to clean all of it up, but as the spring season unfolds, it'll look really nice once again. I'm so happy and grateful that my wife has gotten to see this part of Missouri at last, and we're as eager as ever to get moved back there. Drivers are actually polite in town. They don't cut across lanes of traffic at high speeds, unlike in the Bay Area. They actually use their turn signals, and I didn't see very many drivers jabbering on their cell phones. Refreshing! We could get totally used to all this!
Hooray! You're home safe and you had a nice trip! Whoohoo!

It sounds like my MrG and I are gonna havta take a trip up that way sometime! It sounds great! Hey! Maybe we can be your first visitors once you've moved!!! Wouldn't that be ?!

That museum is a trip! No wonder psychiatry has such a bad name for some people! This might be a good time to share a picture of something I found in a museum in Cordell, OK a couple of years ago...

Anyone want to guess what this is???

What a bummer that your dh had to see MO in basically the winter...at least before the green beauty had arrived. Our first view of it was in April...and it took my breath away! As for the broken branches, we see them wherever we go these days...and still have plenty of our own to deal with, yet.

As for the drivers, my dh and I were talking on our drive down to Branson today about a quirky thing the drivers do here...when they pass you on the interstate/highway and pull back in..they do it really close, right in front of you, making you slow down...even when no one is behind them, making them feel pressured to hurry up and get over!
It's really weird...http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4789-colere.gif (broken link)...and maddening!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Awww, mrsg! Thanks for the encouragement! We ARE truly excited!! They were supposed to open tomorrow, but, the guitar players' daughter got real sick, and they aren't going to be able to open until Wednesday, the 9th!! Which means I will most likely go to the opening, rather than the OTFCC this month. I HAVE to be there for him opening day! (Anyone wanna join me? Let me know!)

The show will be at 10 am, Mon - Sat at the Americana Theatre. Whenever you are able to go, just let me know! I would just love to get a group of us together for a Saturday morning show!!

Of course there is the Branson Brothers at 8 pm, as well, that we can go to, anytime, but DON'T FORGET, we are having City-data night, on the 26th of April. Maybe meeting for dinner beforehand? DM me to get on the reservation list! I can't wait!!

Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM

871 posts, read 1,984,548 times
Hey mrsG that looks like a tangled up metal jelly fish! LOL.

Thanks for the update on the race mamagator. I knew Gordan came in second I was being a smart alec! HAa hhaah ahahahahah! GO GORDON!
About Americn Idol I try to never miss a show. Originally David Enchilada, as my daughter calls him, was my favriot but Cook has won me over. He is like the Midas of music, every song he sings could turn to gold. He could probably turn a nursery ryhme into a cool rock song. I love him. Its was sad to Ram go but I felt it coming for a while.
Next to go will probably be Christie Lee . Is that her name?

Darlyne That is soo cool! Tell him we all said congrats and the best of luck. I will say a prayer for success for your family.

Kary I know what you mean about that story sounding like LA. There has been so many shootings here lately. It seems funny to me that just last year they were bragging about the crime rate being at an all time low. Now all of a sudden there are shootings all over with no explanations. No witnesses half the time. Just two days ago 4 people were shot and killed. Two of them at a dealership and two on the street. minutes apart and unrelated. People are shooting people driving the freeways and the police dont know if its passing cars or someone shooting from a nearby neighborhood. Scary stuff. I witnessed an attempted purse snatching the other day so I have police calling me for info. Im almost afraid to say anything because I dont know if the guys saw me or not. I told the police what I know though.

Anyway I plan to go hnag out in the dessert this weekend away from all the crazy. I hope you all have a great weekend and I deffinalty hope to join ya'all soon!

Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
It is a hair curling machine...You used it to give/get a permanent back in the 30's, 40's Electric.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie'sBees View Post
Woohoo! Good for him for going for it! Make sure you post some pics cause I won't be able to go til June.

Speaking of singing, anybody watching American Idol? I could just sop David Cook up with a bisquit! (buttered, with bacon) I can't wait to see what he sings, you know he's a country boy at heart.

kareybear are you in Macon? Someone lives up North? I'm moving to Marceline. Good to know I have company up here.
Yes Marie'sBees I still live in Macon. I was staying in Marceline for a couple weeks last Sept until I found a place. So when you moving?

Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 AM

93 posts, read 305,256 times
kareybear I'm moving May 26th; it can't come fast enough. We'll have to have a little get together for the Northern Pukes; we can't let the Southern Pukes have all the fun, lol.

mamagator, yo yo yo, so check it out dawg, a friend of mine has tickets to go to the Tuesday showing of American Idol; she says she's going to scream at the top of her lungs whenever Randy goes into his spiel (sp?). And thanks a lot for putting the "kissable lips" into my head, now it won't go away. There's a name for middle aged women like me who get crushes on young men; I just can't be bothered with looking it up.

Darylynn I hope you post pictures of your DH upcoming performance, wish I could be there!

mrsgenealogy what in the world is that thing? Is it really a hair perming device? I'm curing some maple/applewood bacon today. Want some?

bentaxlecrew I hope (very selfishly) that the world would be more merciful to me if I were in her situation than I have been to her. I call her Krusty. She's been getting better, but she needs to go.

It's shaping up to be a beautiful day here in Arizona; hope the same holds true for you all. All y'all.

Last edited by Marie'sBees; 04-04-2008 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: needed to add a few things....

Old 04-04-2008, 07:38 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Well You All I have to brag since today is my Birthday!!!

I got my birthday present and I had to share it with you. I am so Excited.We always bought used one and the color does no justice. I am going have to take picture to see the color will come out better for you all to see.But you get the idea!!!! Yay ME!!!!

Toyota Tundra Truck Colors

Tonight the family and I are going out to eat so I don't have to cook or do dishes. YEAH!!!!I hate doing dishes especially by Hand. ARggghhh. We are going to a new restaraunt and hopefully some good food. It was my choice. Then we will come home have my Cheesecake. I LOVE Cheesecake!!! We will be watching movie at home I am the LEGEND. I can't wait.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 AM

93 posts, read 305,256 times
Default Happy Birthday kareybear!!!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Mine was a week ago today, we're both Aries, or is it Taurus? Happy Birthday, whatever you are!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
A Very Happy Birthday to kareybear....Enjoy YOUR day.

And a belated Happy birthday to Marie'sBees

Good morning to everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri