Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 11:37 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times

Advertisements

Info you can use: MoDOT'S 2008 Construction map available by calling 1-888-ASK-MODOT ( 1-888-275-6636). They will mail copies to you. Up-to-the-minute work zone information is found on MODOT's Web site at: Missouri Department of Transportation.

The full colour map is 17 x 22 inches and details nearly 180 major state construction sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 11:50 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Thumbs up Unemployment Aid

Missourians in 35 counties are now eligible to apply for disaster assistance. Disaster Unemployment Assistance is intended for benefits under a state's regular unemployment insurance program. Farmers, the self-employed and others who are denied unemployment insurance benefits may now be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance. May 2, 2008 is the deadline to file a claim.

Missourians who need information about how to file a claim should call 1-800-788-4002. These funds are provided by the federal government and do not come from the state employer payroll taxes to finance regular unemployment insurance benefits.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:28 PM

93 posts, read 305,356 times
Default I have Poison Ivy on my hands!

Haven't been on here much lately, packing for the move and poison ivy on my hands keep me from doing much, other than packing. Ouch!

mamagator I'm really nervous for Cookie tonight, he's singing "Alway Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey. Egads!

Hope you all are having a great day!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Hey everyone! We got done with the flooring project from hell on Sunday, if anyone had told me it would take 2 weeks, I would have called them a liar!
Hope everyone is doing well, and not too much damage from the flooding.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:34 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Smile Welcome Back, Girl!

Missouri peeps are one hardy bunch--we'll keep them in our best thoughts and prayers from our two opposite ends of the Lower 48!

Here in California, though it's nowhere near as bad, we have the opposite problem: a second year of drought is developing, so by July or August an ordinarily bad fire season could be extremely dangerous. One cigarette butt out the car window, and look out!

Marie, you take good care too. I hope something as simple as Benadryl will clear up that poison ivy for you. And NV is always a treasure trove of good information!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i like it here. but my uncle in mississippi says huck, livin in california is like livin with a beautiful woman that has a headache all the time.

acylic Bunky 2005

Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i like it here. but my uncle in mississippi says huck, livin in california is like livin with a beautiful woman that has a headache all the time.

acylic Bunky 2005
Well that's what living in California was like back in 2003. Now that it's 2008, living in California is like living with a beautiful woman who not only has a headache all the time, but it's her "time of the month" every day of the month and there's no more Pamprin, Excedrin, Anacin, Tylenol, Bayer, Bufferin, Advil or Motrin anywhere to be found! The next time you talk to your uncle, you gotta tell him our gas prices here in California are over 10 cents a gallon higher than in--no, not Missouri!--HAWAII!! And many of our state parks (all of which charge a fee to get in, at least by car) are in danger of getting shut down because of our state budget shortfall. Maybe your uncle already knows about these things, Huck. Well, take care down there in SoCal!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,496 times
Hey Marie and Mama I just watched Cookie sing that song and oh man! I so would love to be his baby! LOL! MY hubby doesn't care that I talk like that. As a matter of fact he's drooling over some blond an the news. lol!

By the way all I found out last week that I passed my test for school police dispatcher and I have an interview next week. Thanks for all your prayers! and great advice!

Sorry to here about your poison ivy. I used to get poison oak so often that now I am practically immune to it. Just a few blisters here an there. Oatmeal baths help a little.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:28 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,993 times
Good morning all.
Hope your poison ivy gets better quick. I use to get it every year as a kid but I must have outgrown it cause I haven't had it in years "knock on wood"

I didn't get to watch American Idol last night and I am not a happy camper. I was going to do more laundry yesterday but I had to help dahubby put up a trap type garage unit and then we went to feed the horses and ended up helping a neighbor get 3 of his cows back to the pasture that were out. I got home just as AI was going off the air. So I hope "Lips" did great. I will find out tonight! But, I guess helping out neighbors is more important than a tv show.

The guy that owns the land where our horses are told me that there is a washer and dryer in the vacant house that's there and I should come down and do my laundry there. I even have a key to get in now. He just bought the property off the guy in Florida that was letting us keep the horses there. But, the new owner is fabulous and said to keep the horses there as long as we need to, as long as he can ride once in a while!
How great is that? We are going to help him remodel the house and we are going to keep the lawn mowed and do other things for him too.

Have a great day.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
wow, mama, that sounds like a cool setup! I miss my horses!! Haven't been riding in several years now.... I'll help with chores, too, if'n I can ride your paint pony!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri