Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 06:20 AM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times

Advertisements

Edward Sneed murdered Orleans Loomis in 1884.

https://m.facebook.com/1859jail/phot...2629998772875/

Man Calls 911 After Shooting Wife 2022

https://fox4kc.com/news/missouri-man...led-911-after/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 05:55 AM

Man Caught Smuggling 10 Illegal Immigrants In St. Peters 2022

https://fox2now.com/news/man-caught-...-in-st-peters/

The last official hanging in Nevada, Mo., took place outside the north door of the old jail. William Wright, a colored man convicted of murdering his wife with an axe because he didn't like the way she cooked his supper, was executed here on August 10, 1896.
A high board fence was built around the scaffold, and tickets issued. The job was botched, death by strangulation came with agonizing slowness.
Sheriff Scroghen, who presided, was so unnerved, according to his niece, that he had to take to his bed.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
The Case Of Mike Dugmanics

Friday's Fallen Acorns and Other Nuts: The In-Laws Become Out-Laws: the case of Mike Dugmanics

Kansas City Journal January 26, 1898

WANTED AT JOPLIN FOR BURGLARY

Joplin, Mo., Jan.25--W.K. Collins, alias W.K. Robinson, is under arrest here on instructions from Joplin, where he is wanted for robbing a dry goods store and also for breaking into a post office in that vicinity. When arrested he had a quantity of dress goods in his possession. Robinson is said to live at Van Buren, Ark.

I remember when I was doing my family tree, found this blog. I'm not sure about 1938 being right because he was in a state mental hospital in 1935 for the census unless that wasn't related to the botched killing of his brothers wife Mary. He died there in 1952, his body donated to science. I'm not sure what happened to his body after that.

There is even more to the story that the author left out. Frank the surviving brother, I think blew his brains out because he killed the husband of his adopted daughter, supposedly in self defense. I have that "story" in my tree too.

The only brother to have biological kids is Joe, the one who died from throat cancer, married to Mary who was shot. They had 9 kids. There are a lot of descendants from them all over the US. None of them seem to be interested to learn who the brothers descend from, but they've done their DNA lol

I found your post because I was googling them again lol

Old 10-30-2022, 05:10 PM

The St. Joseph Observer (St. Joseph, Mo) Dec. 23, 1922 Pg8

James Hyner of Kansas City knows a bandit when he sees one. Tuesday night Hyner, negro patrolman in uniform, felt his intuition "itching" unusually.
So he followed two white men. Their general appearance supported his growing suspicion they were hold-up men.
At Twentieth street and Woodland avenue he ordered the pair to halt. They did-- and took his revolver and flashlight away from him. Hyner was right-- they were bandits.

Donald Dean Studey
He once served time in Missouri.

https://meaww.com/donald-dean-studey...illed-70-women

Old 11-03-2022, 04:40 PM

St. Louis Republic Dec. 25, 1905 Pg1

BURGLARS REMOVE CHRISTMAS FEAST

Burglars not only spoiled the Christmas dinner of Alvan B. Goodbar of No. 2953 Westminster Place, president of the Goodbar Shoe Manufacturing Co., but they also took most of his clothes.

When the family awakened yesterday morning they found the kitchen door opened and every indication that the house had been ransacked from top to bottom. The intruders must have taken their time, and only selected things they thought they could use.

From the kitchen they got one big fat turkey and the trimmings that go with it; two chickens and three pounds of butter, in addition to other eatables.
Finding all the members of the family soundly wrapped in slumber, the burglars then proceeded to leisurely plunder the house.

They got, among other things, four pairs of trousers, gray suit of clothes, overcoat, three silk mufflers, two pairs of dress-suit trousers, a shaving mug and razor.
The loss was reported to the police. A skeleton key was probably used since none of the locks appeared broken.

Old 04-08-2023, 09:50 PM

Kansas City Journal (Mo.) Nov. 30, 1895 Pg1

A MURDER A DAY

St. Louis, Mo., Nov. 29--- The history of crime in this city this week has been an unusual one, an average of one murder a day, and several stabbings and shootings of a less dangerous nature being the record.

Harry Porter died today of a wound inflicted Tuesday by George Crawford, who shot his victim for refusing to buy a can of beer, Crawford is under arrest.

Wednesday afternoon, Fred Bowencamp, a cigar dealer, was killed by being struck over the heart by a piece of brick thrown by an unknown boy. Several boys had been annoying Bowencamp by throwing snowballs and he chased them, with the result that he was instantly killed by one of them.

Jerry Caples was shot and killed on Thanksgiving day in a dispute over the division of some stolen chickens. William Cagel, his pal, who committed the murder, is now in Illinois, probably on his way to Chicago.

Early this morning Jessie Simms was stabbed to death by her lover, Alexander Boyle, who killed her in a drunken rage. He was captured late this evening and lodged in jail.

The stabbing of 15-year-old Asa Euge by two companions, so badly that he will die, completes the list.

Old 01-25-2024, 10:14 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
This case got some national exposure, because it utilized a psychic detective in the search for the victim's body.
The use of that psychic detective was featured in a 1976 episode of 'In Search of..'

An intriguing episode, tho it did leave out some salient details of the victim's discovery, but..

Old 04-03-2024, 10:23 PM

I stumbled across this over-the-air channel the other night called the Outlaw channel. A lot of movies about Jesse James and Cole Younger and Billy the Kid. They also show some old western TV shows. One of my favorites The Dakotas, which had a lot of shootouts and was finally cancelled after viewers complained about a shootout in a church.

https://www.tvoutlaw.com/schedule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri