Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 02:36 PM

6 posts, read 34,261 times

Advertisements

Werlic, I appreciate your time. Then after that screening they will schedule training I suppose. Do you feel like you will be hired soon? How long have you been trying for this position? Have you heard of what kind of pay they are starting out? Sorry for all the questions. I am just cautious and curious about this job because I have three small children to worry about if we relocate. Thank you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 PM

57 posts, read 112,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak30 View Post
Werlic, I appreciate your time. Then after that screening they will schedule training I suppose. Do you feel like you will be hired soon? How long have you been trying for this position? Have you heard of what kind of pay they are starting out? Sorry for all the questions. I am just cautious and curious about this job because I have three small children to worry about if we relocate. Thank you again.
I fully understand. I thought it was a blessing when I found this board. I will try to answer your questions as best as I can. I originally submitted the online application to AIDT on May 14, 2010. I had my interview with the reps on June 22. Then I went for the "training" on July 14 and 15. I am waiting now for the panel interview. The previous posts indicate that maybe they are slowing down the hiring since it will be 2012 when the stainless is slated to be running. I have very good education and experience and if someone really looks at my resume, then I believe they will definitely want me. When? Who knows. I personally hope it is a few months from now so I can get my house affairs in order. The starting pay range seems to be from $18.50 to $25.60 per hour. The rate you get depends on them. I have been told that if you have a degree that you start out at a higher rate but I don't know for sure. As far as the pay goes it is the bonuses that will really be the best thing. Right now there is a quarterly bonus payable up to 20% of your quarters earnings. The percentage depends on several things. I have a friend that works there and he said that they are currently receiving a monthly bonus but other people don't seem to know anything about this. He said there is talk of possibly an annual bonus but that hasn't been decided yet. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 PM

84 posts, read 262,238 times
Bonuses usually depend on production, which is a great concept. When the economy causes sales to decline, however, that production bonus will be lower than when sales are high. Overall, I prefer the variable pay concept to a static wage. I just don't know how long I can wait.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM

23 posts, read 43,012 times
I went roughly a week and a half after you and they said if you dont get a denial letter in 2 weeks after classes that you are probably in the running and to be patient.I hvaent got a letter yet so im staying positive.stating pay was said to be at least 18.09 . and one division recieves quarterly bonus and the other receives either monthly or annual.Cant remember the exact answer she gave.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 34,261 times
I greatly appreciate everyone's input on this, and I wish you all good luck with your ventures with this job. Maybe to see and meet you one day there. I too have vast knowledge and experience in the maintenance field. And also originally from Michigan moved to Alabama 7 years ago. I guess with all the input I am about to drive 6 hours for a 1 hour interview with the steel reps and go from there. Again thank you.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Well a guy from my group that did pre employment classes on the 26 and 27th of last month just called to tell me he was contacted today for an interview on the 25th.They told him he was the first on the list of people they were hiring so keep your ears open for a phonecall today or tomorrow.Good luck to everyone.They only told him it was for the steel division whci could fall for either but it seems they refer to carbon as the steel side when we were talking to the reps so Im guessing thats who he is interviewing with.Have a feeling it will be awhile before stainless side hires more ppl

Old 08-17-2010, 06:51 PM

57 posts, read 112,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSmoothMustang View Post
Well a guy from my group that did pre employment classes on the 26 and 27th of last month just called to tell me he was contacted today for an interview on the 25th.They told him he was the first on the list of people they were hiring so keep your ears open for a phonecall today or tomorrow.Good luck to everyone.They only told him it was for the steel division whci could fall for either but it seems they refer to carbon as the steel side when we were talking to the reps so Im guessing thats who he is interviewing with.Have a feeling it will be awhile before stainless side hires more ppl
Thanks for the info. I too, have an appointment for the "phase two" (panel interview) for the 25th. Of the guys that work with me, four of us took the tests on the 14th and 15th. so far, 3 of us have the appointment on the 25th. The third guy hasn't been called yet. Good luck to all.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:47 AM

5 posts, read 11,213 times
I received a job offer last week and go for my physical this week. It has been a long process (for me since 2008 when this all started) but thankfully I have been employed during this time. I wish everyone good luck and hang in there.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Hey Justntime, Did you do the final interview at Aidt after taking preemployment classes? Can you give some insight into what to expect in the interview and how many people were there interviewing you ? Also did they tell you if they were planning on hiring many that soon and what area you would be working in? So after the physical do you go straight into classes or have to wait for another call.I know it is definitely a long process,.Thanks for any insight you can give.I finally found out I got drafted and will be brought in for final interview soon.just trying to get prepared

Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM

20 posts, read 39,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justntime View Post
I received a job offer last week and go for my physical this week. It has been a long process (for me since 2008 when this all started) but thankfully I have been employed during this time. I wish everyone good luck and hang in there.
When is your start date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area