Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I'm from Montana and I got sick of that "I'm a local nobody else come here attitude."
I find that real locals dont tend to have this attitude, and it is newcomers who take this kind of attitude up, just like this poster did after only a few months.

Same thing happened when I lived in Austin. People would move to Austin from all over because they heard great things about it, and after 6 months would start complaining about all the people moving into Austin, how it was better when they first moved there, and how these newcomers were ruining Austin. Ironically, they would also complain about the things Austin did not have and how it was so much in California, or wherever they came from.

The real locals would just roll their eyes at these people.

Anyway, I dont see overpopulation or crowding being problems in Montana. Maybe it is growing, but it is a HUGE state, and for its size has a very small population. I dont see why anyone would have this snobby attitude, especially someone who had just moved there.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:28 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
That is actually exactly the problem.

My wife is kinda a chic city girl. Not much of the rugged outdoor type.
She would be bored to death.

Also, I'm trying to figure out where the OP got the notion that living in Montana is "cheap".

Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 AM

103 posts, read 205,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post

where the OP got the notion that living in Montana is "cheap".
I think she must have heard about the women here and applied the cheap to everything.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:53 AM

233 posts, read 543,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
You've only been there a few months and you've already taken up the, "Im a local nobody else come here attitude?" Maybe you should practice what you preach and leave.
You need humor for dummies. relax a little.

I have lived around the world. Montana is our home.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I will never leave. Montana is my home. I never really had a "home"...but folks here are real. Life is simple and uncomplicated here. It is what is....a job, a dog, a truck...what more do you need to be happy?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
She would be bored to death.

Also, I'm trying to figure out where the OP got the notion that living in Montana is "cheap".
I live in the DC metro area, so I imagine I would find Montana to be cheap, as I live in one of the most expensive areas of the country.

I was talking to someone the other day and he was talking about how he bought 20 acres outside of one the bigger cities, and how it was cheap.

I imagine it must be nice to own so much land, have no people around, and to have such beautiful terrain and wildlife to look at. I am aware some parts of Montana can be ugly and boring, but other parts are breathtaking.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:59 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
I thought it was funny....

Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I have lived outside of DC...great place to live if you want a 1.5 hour commute each day....or more. I don't miss city life at all. Been there...done that....I can go visit once a year if I want it. My commute to work now is....12 minutes...driving past a horse field on the way to work...love it. Don't miss DC at all!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I have lived outside of DC...great place to live if you want a 1.5 hour commute each day....or more. I don't miss city life at all. Been there...done that....I can go visit once a year if I want it. My commute to work now is....12 minutes...driving past a horse field on the way to work...love it. Don't miss DC at all!
Me too. My commute is not so bad, and I do like the area. However, it is crowded, and traffic can be bad if you make a bad commute. 1.5 hours each way is not even that bad for here. Also life is hectic, everyone is in a hurry and only cares about their time, money and status are too important, and people can be pretentious.

If only I could convince my wife to go for the country life.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 PM

194 posts, read 291,949 times
Yikes, I am not one for getting into debates...LOL
But as a local for 20 of my 30 years...I would say yes it's beautiful, medium-priced (of course I am in Bozeman, one of the pricier areas).
Main downfall is if you don't like outdoorsy things this is not the place for you. That is pretty much all there is to do. No city, no shopping, good restaurants but they are all over priced for what you get.
Oh yeah and the main downfall...it's flippin' cold! Hence the reason I am looking to leave. But it is beautiful, you can't deny that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana