Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 PM

61 posts, read 333,003 times

Advertisements

Some snow pictures from Friday Dec 26th.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...winter-08.html

Will take more soon and post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM

63 posts, read 230,675 times
Default Dabry and Trapper Peak hike Pics

Here are some pictures from 2004 that I thought I would share with everyone...truly breathtaking!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-014_14.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-008_8.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-055_55.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-057_57.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-061_61.jpg  

Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-065_65.jpg  

Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM

193 posts, read 656,259 times
Moonlight Basin:

Old 01-11-2009, 08:10 PM

140 posts, read 470,780 times
Montana is gorgeous, I'm truly considering moving there, leaving New Jersey for good !

Old 01-12-2009, 07:26 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawagners View Post
Is there snow on the ground around September?
I think the only month that it never snows is August, and maybe July.

I've seen snow every other month of the year. It ALWAYS snows the first or second weekend in June, usually about 6 inches!!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:19 AM

8 posts, read 32,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawagners View Post
Is there snow on the ground around September?
Most years no, (on the does is snow in Sept), although as Rez said, we have had snow in almost every month of the year in this state. I was born and raised here and I still was surpised when we had 4 inches of snow in Polson (the south end of Flathead Lake) on June 10th, of 2008! We never get as much as Glacier or the Kalispell area, but I was bummed that summer came so late last year. We were over a month later than usual putting our boat in the water.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogs-mt View Post
Most years no, (on the does is snow in Sept), although as Rez said, we have had snow in almost every month of the year in this state. I was born and raised here and I still was surpised when we had 4 inches of snow in Polson (the south end of Flathead Lake) on June 10th, of 2008! We never get as much as Glacier or the Kalispell area, but I was bummed that summer came so late last year. We were over a month later than usual putting our boat in the water.
Antarctica doesn't get as much as the Glacier area

I remember one year when there was a huge snowfall in Kalispell but NO wind -- the new snow was a couple feet deep even on the tops of wooden fence posts, so they each had a tall column of snow sticking straight up into the air, which looked really weird

One year I remember getting snow during the first week of school, which would have been about Sept. 5th.

I have pictures (here somewhere! where oh where is my photos box??!) of a 6" snowfall from the 2nd week of June, I believe that was 1966 -- school was already out. In all the years I lived in MT, not once did we fail to get our June snow! Of course, it only lasted 3 days at most, then we'd get our summer Chinook.

Perhaps snow is really a conspiracy to keep kids in school 9 months of the year

Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 PM

51 posts, read 235,476 times
I have seen it snow in August. I spent my honeymoon inYellowstone park and it snowed in August. My grandparents lived in Lincoln and it snowed in August. You just never know in Montana but no matter what it is always beautiful!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydi View Post
I have seen it snow in August. I spent my honeymoon inYellowstone park and it snowed in August. My grandparents lived in Lincoln and it snowed in August. You just never know in Montana but no matter what it is always beautiful!
Now that you remind me... you're right, it HAS snowed in Yellowstone, and on a couple of the other high passes, in August. Must have been too weird to remember even by my standards

Old 01-16-2009, 04:47 PM

71 posts, read 305,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I think the only month that it never snows is August, and maybe July.

I've seen snow every other month of the year. It ALWAYS snows the first or second weekend in June, usually about 6 inches!!

Thank you for answering my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana