Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 PM

16 posts, read 132,684 times

Advertisements

Thank you both for your input. I figured that I might run into some people who wont like me for the way I look, but it is very reassuring that it shouldnt happen very often!

Okay, what is the best thing about living in either Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls?

Are there poisonous insects/bugs?

Do you pay alot for electricty? Or do you use more gas? About how much do you pay a month on average for electricity? gas?

Last edited by halliwellalien; 11-14-2006 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 AM

111 posts, read 610,453 times
Whitefish: I felt it had the nicest overall feel to it. Has the best downtown area of the three you mention. Its right next to Whitefish lake and Big Mountain Ski resort. Generally has a better overall reputation. My wife and I still consider WF as a place we might retire to when we get to that stage.

Kalispell: Is the center of the valley, so it has the majority of support, stores, etc. Easy river access (same w/ C falls) Close to Flathead lake. (But everything is pretty close to each other, really) Had my favorite neighborhoods, especially the East neighborhood. Its great at Halloween and Xmas, my wife loved that. I liked being in Kali simply for its proximity to evrything.

Columbia Falls: I am least familiar w/ C Falls, so I cant tell you much other than its has easiet access to Glacier Natl Park. I typically just drove thru on the way to rivers and Glacier. When I lived in the valley, C Falls still had a drive-in movie theater. Perhaps MHT can tell a bit more than I can.

You might also want to consider the towns of Bigfork and Lakeside. Bigfork, on the north-east corner of Flathead lake is a very cool little lake town, artist type community. Its a bit small, so you'd need to drive to Kali often, however. The short drive from Kali to Bigfork is a beautiful thing to do. One of my favorite memories. Lakeside is on the north-west side of the lake. Lake side ski area is pretty close. May even think of Polson, although its further away from the valley.

Bugs? I don't remember it being an issue. Ultilities? Its been a while since I was living there, but I don't remember it being a huge issue. MHT?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 PM

We are leaning toward either Kalispell or Whitefish. But, I will look into the Bigfork and Lakeside area that you mentioned Dan6200alt.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:23 PM

111 posts, read 610,453 times
Halliwellalien, thought you might be interested in a coffee table book called Montana's Flathead, by Rick and Susie Graetz. Shows some good scenes from around the valley. Mostly the mountains, rivers, lakes and wildlife, but a few of the towns, and a good narrative too. You should be able to find it at Amazon or Barnes and Noble or similar site if you're interested. I think I paid $15 or $20 for my copy.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:40 PM

Dan6200alt, thanks for the info! i will definitely check this book out the next time i am at barnes and noble (which is ALOT)

Old 12-14-2008, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,230 times
I have lived here in Whitefish for only 2 months now, But my husband and I travel the country for work.We love to Ski/Snowboard, So that brings us to a different area to try out every winter. From Utah to South Lake Tahoe to Bend oregon. Now here.We love the snow. We are from Utah and they are known for "The Greatest snow on earth". Actually, out of all other places we visited, This seams to be the most comaprable compared to Utah's powdery snow!The people are very friendly and are very social! If you like to go see some live music, I think the best places are here in Whitefish. Everyone is down for a conversation!We have meet some Asian people here, actually, And nobody seems to think anything of it.I noticed this is back in August. Are you here in the area now?If so, How do you like it? We are also down for some tips on the place since we are still new. We can exchange information on different things we discover here.Seriously though, We have fallen in love with whitefish and plan on building here!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:16 PM

5 posts, read 11,906 times
I want to move in this area/Whitefish.I am going to buy a business there and I am Asian. Will I success in business being Asian? Is there any problem of my race? People will co-operate with me? I will be appreciate if you give your frank and honest comments.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:01 PM

309 posts, read 991,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry3979 View Post
I want to move in this area/Whitefish.I am going to buy a business there and I am Asian. Will I success in business being Asian? Is there any problem of my race? People will co-operate with me? I will be appreciate if you give your frank and honest comments.
I don't care if you're Asian or Mexican or Vietnamese - if you have a good business plan and don't screw the customers you'll do well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana