Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:00 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,059 times

Advertisements

ahhh fishing.... got to play in the ocean last week and had a great time... got home and reminded myself about the work I have to do on my boat. Inspiration is good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 07:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
ahhh fishing.... got to play in the ocean last week and had a great time... got home and reminded myself about the work I have to do on my boat. Inspiration is good!
Me too! Have to inflate and clean mine: The Creek Company: Pontoon Boats, Float Tubes, Tackle Bags, Flyfishing Accessories (http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=9&Cat=3 - broken link)

Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Other than the scenery and great outdoors opportunities, I think one of the big draws here to Montana is for a feeling of greater personal safety for yourself and your family. That's something many people are very concerned about these days in other areas of the country. Having grown up around Washingon D.C. and lived near Charlotte, N.C. for a long time, well, let's just say it's a "different world" out here. Montana is ranked as one of the cleanest and safest states in the country, and you really notice the difference. I guess much of this is due to the fact that it's somewhat "secluded", and becuase the general population is so low. Because in my job I deal with the public daily, I talk to many transplants and often ask them what brought them here. Many tell me that is exactly why they have moved here, to get away from all the crime and "Riff Raff", etc. that exists in other place.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:01 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
This photo alone shows a real good reason to live in Montana. This lady caught this huge Mackinaw in Flathead lake last October !

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - lake trout (broken link)

Yea buddy, how would you like to hook up to one of those from a kayak like this one ?

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Pimped Out Ri...
Rickers, that fish would drag you all over Flathead Lake in a kayak ! Would make for one hell of a ride too...

Old 04-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Wow that sucker is bigger than the leopard shark I caught outside San Diego Bay last week!!

Rickers how long did it take her to bring it in?

I caught a pretty good sturgeon in Flathead Lake a few summers back. Only one I've ever caught, and the battery died in the camera and I had to let it go. "sigh"

Old 04-20-2008, 01:06 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
There is a website found by doing a web search for "kayak fishing photos" that shows a guy on a fishing kayak who landed a 120 pound blue marlin ! I guess it dragged him for 4 miles ! Hey Jim I'm over here in Conrad now but I think if you called "The Canoe Rack" in Missoula they would have the info for that huge party float on the bitterroot river. I will try to make it this summer. We will be in the Flathead area on May 2 to get all my firewood so maybe we can meet up at the coffee traders on my way back over here ?
I'm looking forward to catching my first Walleye here. I've been shoveling snow all morning ! Running a store and shoveling snow out of our doorways is too much like real work. I'll P.M. you with our new phone number later today, I have to go shovel more snow now !

Here's a joke I made up today for ya all, I hope nobody takes offense !

What would you call the Pope if he wore Bermuda shorts in place of the robe ?

Legs Benedict ! Ha Ha Ha !

Old 04-20-2008, 01:13 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Hey Timberwolf I don't know how long that lady fought that Mac but I hear they don't fight all that hard. My sister sailed to Hawaii a few years back from San Francisco and it took her 21 days in a wooden 23 foot sloop. Her boyfriend kept catching huge tuna that were too big to get onto the boat ! The biggest fish I've ever caught was a 4 foot shark in San Diego bay at midnight during a huge fireworks display directly above us !
(new years eve display) Oh and there was a 26 inch long brook trout I took from the quarter circle bridge in Glacier Park a couple of years back !

Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM

My lil leopard shark came outside San Diego bay 2 weeks ago! I let it go, but boy for a little one it fought like a big boy! The swells were so big we couldn't stay out for long, but we found some clams stuck to the concrete on a bridge so we scraped some off and used them for baiting the little guys in the bay. Wish I would have had more time out there.. (was my first time fishing in the ocean)

Sounds like a great trip, sailing from SF to Hawaii! One of these years I'd like to take some time off and learn to sail.

A 26' brookie?! wow! I usually just catch the little creek brookies and batter and fry em with onions and taters.... mmmmm

I caught a few good lakers out of Canyon Ferry last year (a 24" and a 30"), and am gearing up for some walleye this year. Just have to do some work on my boat for a couple weekends first.

My wife and I are looking for a couple beginner kayaks too.. Went with some friends on the Jefferson a couple years ago and we've been wanting to get into it ever since.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:28 PM

14 posts, read 47,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Wow that sucker is bigger than the leopard shark I caught outside San Diego Bay last week!!

Rickers how long did it take her to bring it in?

I caught a pretty good sturgeon in Flathead Lake a few summers back. Only one I've ever caught, and the battery died in the camera and I had to let it go. "sigh"
Ah yes, the one that got away story. Haven't heard that one before huh Stephan?

Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Hey Timberwolf I don't know how long that lady fought that Mac but I hear they don't fight all that hard. My sister sailed to Hawaii a few years back from San Francisco and it took her 21 days in a wooden 23 foot sloop. Her boyfriend kept catching huge tuna that were too big to get onto the boat ! The biggest fish I've ever caught was a 4 foot shark in San Diego bay at midnight during a huge fireworks display directly above us !
(new years eve display) Oh and there was a 26 inch long brook trout I took from the quarter circle bridge in Glacier Park a couple of years back !
Those lakers don't fight worth a darn.... I've caught a 23 lb mac and my fishing buddy caught one that was 2-3 pounds lighter than the record, it's mounted on his wall. The whitefish fight way more than any lunker for sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana