Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:10 PM

54 posts, read 121,552 times

Advertisements

The weather is one of the reason's for us choosing Montana, the constant 100% humidity, aint all its cracked up to be, sure we dont get snow, but sometimes change is a good thing...if not we can always tuck our tails and run back to the heat and humidity, which wont likely happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 12:33 AM

84 posts, read 169,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycabbie View Post
The weather is one of the reason's for us choosing Montana, the constant 100% humidity, aint all its cracked up to be, sure we dont get snow, but sometimes change is a good thing...if not we can always tuck our tails and run back to the heat and humidity, which wont likely happen.
Pffff, what? Since when do we have constant 100% humidity? Sure as hell aint western part of MT thats for damn sure.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,196,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
Pffff, what? Since when do we have constant 100% humidity? Sure as hell aint western part of MT thats for damn sure.
He meant in Florida. However... there were times when we were sorry we sold our dehumidifier when we left Minnesota... Great Falls has a few ugly humid days in the summer too!! But nothing like Florida, where you can carry the air around in a bucket.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 AM

actually meant southeast Ga. we're only an hour from florida, so guess you coud say florida, not much difference in the weather...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycabbie View Post
actually meant southeast Ga. we're only an hour from florida, so guess you coud say florida, not much difference in the weather...
Close enough

I know some folks who just moved from where I'm at (SoCal desert, tho I grew up in MT) to Alabama... here, if you spit and it hits the ground, we call that a "humid" day. I expect those folks have dissolved by now just from breathing the Alabama air.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM

276 posts, read 794,023 times
The weather is just one reason that I want out of FL. I've lived all over the country, and I just can't take crowds, dampness, heat, boring topography, crime, and on and on. I like MT not only based upon the geography; rather, it is the inherent conservative values that I find appealing. Cold I can handle, but humid heat is just too oppressive. I enjoy hunting, and I enjoy guns and target practice. I suppose that I hold values that could be considered to be outdated by many people. I respect the independent spirit exemplified by many of people that I have met over the years in MT.

I've resided in MD, MA, CA, NE, CO. I came to FL on order to care for my mom who passed away (which is the only reason that I came to this horrible place). Personally, I would like to be in the "boonies" in MT working as an educator. I enjoy isolation; moreover, I require very little for survival purposes. I have visited MT frequently in the past, and I am sure that I would enjoy living in the state. I don't want MT to change!!! I just hope that I will be able to acquire a position and sell this place in FL ASAP!
In essence, in my opinion, the only decent place in the SE US would be the mountains!! NO, MT isn't for everybody, but it would suit me just fine!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to all!!

Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridahater View Post
Personally, I would like to be in the "boonies" in MT working as an educator. I enjoy isolation; moreover, I require very little for survival purposes.
This kinda reminds me of the thread where a feller asks about reviving backcountry churches. I don't know how much job market there is but I'm sure there must be small local schools hurting for teachers. Whether they can afford to hire is another question.

I know someone who makes a (somewhat precarious) living as a homeschooling tutor, seems to me that might go well with ranch country where sometimes it's a day's hike to the school.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 PM

Very true Reziac, so close to florida it kinda hurts a bit, lived in lots of places for short periods of time, this used to be home, still is for a lil while longer, but as the liberals take over. The home part kinda dissapears....With all the new regulations and taxes, I'm hoping to still be able to grow the business enough that it will support me after we make the move to Montana.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 AM

84 posts, read 169,604 times
Funny, there are people that would rather be shot dead then live in a state like Montana, for one reason or another.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:03 AM

That's why Montana doesn't need gun turrets at the borders, unlike a few other states I can think of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana