Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2023, 06:28 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,665,480 times

Advertisements

Ivanhoe Cambridge has bought land at Panama, with Prevel and TGTA, plans on developing it. Happened a few days ago, this area will (potentially) see buildings up to 120 metres and 3,000 units.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2023, 06:34 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,130,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
Ivanhoe Cambridge has bought land at Panama, with Prevel and TGTA, plans on developing it. Happened a few days ago, this area will (potentially) see buildings up to 120 metres and 3,000 units.

Good news. That should mean there will be a faster outcome than just relying on Prevel and TGTA.

It’s a good thing that Loblaws building was not profitable in the long run, so that a piece of land of that size is now available to developers. I’m hoping landscape architects will do a good job of it, and steer clear of the Megablocks on offer in other TOD developments. The need for new digs for famlies is pressing in the years to come, for anyone doing the metro-boulot-dodo route; the proximity to REM will be an attractive solution.

I wonder how Solar Uniquartier are doing as far as sales go? Any news on that front?

Old 09-21-2023, 12:56 PM

Livmore 2 has officially launched! 156 metre tower, 424 units

Old 09-22-2023, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Good news. That should mean there will be a faster outcome than just relying on Prevel and TGTA.

It’s a good thing that Loblaws building was not profitable in the long run, so that a piece of land of that size is now available to developers. I’m hoping landscape architects will do a good job of it, and steer clear of the Megablocks on offer in other TOD developments. The need for new digs for famlies is pressing in the years to come, for anyone doing the metro-boulot-dodo route; the proximity to REM will be an attractive solution.

I wonder how Solar Uniquartier are doing as far as sales go? Any news on that front?

Got so excited by Livmore 2 that I forgot to respond to this lol.

Agree on the first part, I'm so happy that I.C bought land here so they can help expedite building units in this area. There's been so much demand in areas close to REM stations, now is the time to capitalise.

Solar Uni. is doing phenomenal, more phases planned, thousands of units built, hundreds of thousands of sq. ft of office space leased, University of Montreal leased space there. Commercial offerings are through the roof.

More will be built on the land next to it and even Dix-30 will remove parking to build condos. Only iffy thing is (typical) municipal government not wanting all these buildings built all at once due to infrastructure concerns. But the demand is there, so they should start investing now and allow building en masse.

Old 09-22-2023, 11:03 AM

Mapei expanding their warehouse in Laval, up to 100 new hires expected

Old 09-22-2023, 11:11 AM

HalfSerious officially opens new headquarters: the next digital revolution is taking place in Montreal

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance...110000014.html

Old 09-23-2023, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Livmore 2 has officially launched! 156 metre tower, 424 units
Construction will start on Monday

All rentals, phase 1 is 97% leased, 600 people within 396 units.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...874190660.html

Old 09-25-2023, 12:08 PM

17,222 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Construction will start on Monday

All rentals, phase 1 is 97% leased, 600 people within 396 units.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...874190660.html
Looks pretty neat, but I am starting to think architects overall are lacking creativity. More bland rectangular glass boxes. This could easily pass off as yet another "Tour des Canadiens."

Old 09-26-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Looks pretty neat, but I am starting to think architects overall are lacking creativity. More bland rectangular glass boxes. This could easily pass off as yet another "Tour des Canadiens."
It's your good old Toronto developer architecture, but at least here they're using high quality curtain wall/glass. First phase looks fantastic, second phase will add a lot more gravitas to this area. Just hoping a restart opens on the ground floor, René Levesque needs TLC and life added.

Old 09-26-2023, 10:34 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,130,875 times
Quote:
It's your good old Toronto developer architecture, but at least here they're using high quality curtain wall/glass. First phase looks fantastic, second phase will add a lot more gravitas to this area. Just hoping a restart opens on the ground floor, René Levesque needs TLC and life added.

You are right on about René-Lévesque. To me, it is one of the more frustrating streets to negotiate as a driver.
I can't understand the reasoning, or lack of, in the fact that there is a wide lane in both directions that serves two vehicles in width. It is confusing and maladapted in the extreme for this improtant thoroughfare. If ever there was a place to implement a large median to make it a four lane boulevard, this would be it. It's an either/or thing, I know, but there has to be some decision made about what this street is meant to be. If a tree lined median was implemented the whole length of it, the aspect would be spectacular. As it stands now, it is very blah, too mineralized, not enough greenery either side to make it a pleasant street to linger on. In the wintertime it is of course, worse.

I think even the REM proposal would have brought more interest to the streetscape even if I was opposed to it. That said, I really think it is time to do a makeover of massive proportions…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal