Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 06:38 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times

Advertisements

And nothing but continuous fluff posts serves no purpose either other than to potentially mislead people into thinking Morgantown is a perfect place to live...nothing bad ever happens here, and if it does, its all Charleston's fault, Morgantown is a "model for the nation" and the attitude that WVU is somehow the greatest and most unique school in the country etc......Ive said or at least alluded to on here many times that,despite not likin it here, I have indeed lived in worse places/states.....But Ive also lived in far better places/states also.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 06:59 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
its for all info, positive or negative....
Well, if you want to dwell on negatives I suggest you are in the wrong place for that. I love my city as anybody else, well almost anybody else, loves theirs. I am not about posting negatives about the place. I highly doubt you would post negatives about the city you love. I am not going to say our city is perfect. it is not. But it is a darn good place to live by most measures. It might not be your cup of tea, and that is understandable. No place is perfect and no place is for everyone. More people seem to like living here than not. For one, I am thankful for that because it gives us an economy that is robust and growing, and amenities that are very rare for a city our size.

We aren't Dallas, or Baltimore, or New York City. That is not our local aspiration. But my uncle married a girl from Austin during World War 2 and she absolutely loved northern West Virginia, so I know we have appeal for many people who are not from here. It's sad that you aren't one of them, and I hope you find your way back there to Texas soon.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:41 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Well, if you want to dwell on negatives I suggest you are in the wrong place for that. I love my city as anybody else, well almost anybody else, loves theirs. I am not about posting negatives about the place. I highly doubt you would post negatives about the city you love. I am not going to say our city is perfect. it is not. But it is a darn good place to live by most measures. It might not be your cup of tea, and that is understandable. No place is perfect and no place is for everyone. More people seem to like living here than not. For one, I am thankful for that because it gives us an economy that is robust and growing, and amenities that are very rare for a city our size.

We aren't Dallas, or Baltimore, or New York City. That is not our local aspiration. But my uncle married a girl from Austin during World War 2 and she absolutely loved northern West Virginia, so I know we have appeal for many people who are not from here. It's sad that you aren't one of them, and I hope you find your way back there to Texas soon.
Nobody loves Morgantown more than you and its not even close......the City/area I love yes, is Dallas-Ft.Worth,specifically Denton, but yes, there are actually plenty of things about that area I can and do complain about actually, its nowhere near perfect either, just alot closer to perfect than Morgantown is IMO and a whole mess of other people's opinions as well......Morgantown is growing, nobody denies that, but its not as if people all around the nation are chompin at the bit to move here, like they are in other parts of the country, not just Texas.....tons of cities/areas are growing light yrs faster than Morgantown is, its not the gold standard as you might believe.....

Old 09-27-2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Nobody loves Morgantown more than you and its not even close......the City/area I love yes, is Dallas-Ft.Worth,specifically Denton, but yes, there are actually plenty of things about that area I can and do complain about actually, its nowhere near perfect either, just alot closer to perfect than Morgantown is IMO and a whole mess of other people's opinions as well......Morgantown is growing, nobody denies that, but its not as if people all around the nation are chompin at the bit to move here, like they are in other parts of the country, not just Texas.....tons of cities/areas are growing light yrs faster than Morgantown is, its not the gold standard as you might believe.....
As far as I know this is a West Virginia Forum, specifically a Morgantown Forum. I didn't realize we were competing with Texas here. You are the only person I'm aware of who feels stuck here and is homesick for Texas, and that's fine, ... you're from Texas. There are plenty of places growing faster than much of Texas too. Our area is growing and prosperous. I believe that is what folks would want to know. Not whether it is growing faster or slower than Denton, Texas. If somebody wanted information about Denton, wouldn't they go to a Texas board? But, just in case you are correct that I should be posting negative things about my city here I'll slip over to the Texas board to see how many bad things you've been posting about Denton and if I see a bunch of them I'll come back and let you know that at least you are taking a fair and balanced approach.

Okay, I just looked at all your posts for the past month, and just to give you an idea nearly every post you made was something negative or quasi negative about Morgantown. You did have 3 posts about Texas, but the only thing negative I could find was your wishing Texas had California weather. I wish Morgantown had California weather too, so I guess we are at least on the same track in that regard. Otherwise, you seem to be devoted to keeping my enthusiasm for my city in check with negativity. Just thought you might want to know.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 09-27-2016 at 03:37 AM..

Old 09-27-2016, 06:42 AM

51 posts, read 56,078 times
Quote:
Dude, it's obvious to everyone that you have a vendetta about living here. You go on about how people shouldn't "mislead" people about how great Morgantown is but the same could be said for you- you shouldn't mislead people about how bad Morgantown is with out and out lies (such as saying the overwhelming feeling of people around here is that they can't wait to get out, which is an outright fabrication) and stating personal opinion as fact. I don't think anyone would care if you would post negatives mixed in with some positives and the negatives weren't exaggerations or completely made up. But you just troll anything positive said about Morgantown, WV, and WVU, and it's annoying and gets under people's skin. Heck, I never really posted much here but I got tired of reading your trolling comments and decided to start posting more to counteract your negativity and lies.

Despite your hatred for Morgantown, many people like it and many people wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I don't understand why someone would live somewhere and constantly berate it. Why not look for the positives and try to make the most of it rather than bring everyone down constantly? Must be miserable.

And I get it that you love Dallas. I've been there- I don't like it, at all- much prefer Austin myself, but I don't troll the Dallas forums telling them I don't like it and I certainly wouldn't move there and then whine and moan about it nonstop.

Last edited by WvAlmostHeaven; 09-27-2016 at 07:05 AM..

Old 10-03-2016, 04:23 PM

113 posts, read 148,124 times
Default NPR story on PRT

Renewing The Revolution: Personal Rapid Transit Gets A Makeover : NPR

Old 10-06-2016, 09:57 PM

Default WVU's State of Mind Campaign Surpasses $1 Billion

Although state appropriations have plummeted by 60% during the past years, denying many students in the state the opportunity to receive the state's best educational opportunities, donors and supporters have stepped to the plate to try to make up the difference. To date, the campaign has raised more than $1 Billion, which has funded, among several other things, 700 fully funded scholarships to attract the best students.

WVU Home | A State of Minds: The Campaign for West Virginia's University

Old 10-09-2016, 10:35 PM

Default Glen Dale's Reynolds Memorial Hospital Merger With WVU Medicine Finalized

WVU Medicine, which now has more than 12,000 employees including 900 medical staff, has Reynolds Memorial Hospital in the family.

Reynolds joins WVU medicine | WTOV

Next up... rumors say a new WVU Children's Hospital in Morgantown which will employ 1,000 people.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:04 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,930 times
Default WVU Hospitals Named A Leading Academic Medical Center

"WVU Medicine - West Virginia University Hospitals was recently ranked 6th out of more than 100 academic medical centers in a national study done by Vizient, the largest healthcare performance improvement company in the country.

The study ranks academic medical centers based on mortality, safety, efficiency, effectiveness, patient centeredness, and equity.

WVU Medicine - West Virginia University Hospitals also received Vizient's 2016 Bernard A. Birnbaum, M.D. Quality Leadership Award for their performance in delivering high quality care."

The top 13 this year are:

1. University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
  2. NYU Langone Medical Center
  3. Mayo Clinic Hospital-Rochester
  4. Froedtert Health-Froedtert Hospital
  5. Rush University Medical Center
  6. WVU Medicine-West Virginia University Hospitals
  7. Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
  8. Cedars-Sinai Health System
  9. Houston Methodist
  10. Nebraska Medicine
  11. The Ohio State University Wexner Health System
  12. University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Center
  13. University of Vermont Medical Center
WVU Hospitals Named A Leading Academic Medical Center - WBOY - Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

Last edited by WVUmatt; 10-12-2016 at 07:15 AM..

Old 10-12-2016, 07:49 AM

6,080 posts, read 9,110,796 times
Good to hear and supersizing UPMC isn't among the top.

With that being said,... Eat $&!* Pitt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown