Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

Well Gone With The Wind was pretty big although I bet there are people who find it boring though I don't understand that

Wizard of Oz?

I'm not a big fan of Its a Wonderful Life...sort of boring and sacharine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:19 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,393,109 times
I see a lot of movies listed above that I'm not a fan of. I find Groundhog's day horribly boring and I love Bill Murray. I'm all for voting on an animated flick, but I was not impressed with Up (something to do with death, and abuse of kids and animals in a movie designed for children...I know...all Disney flicks have those components).

I do love Goodfellas, Godfather, Sixth Sense, and Shawshank.

I'll throw out a few for opinions:

The Goonies
Ghostbusters
Untouchables

Old 07-22-2010, 03:41 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
The Hangover

National Lampoon's Vacation, Vegas Vacation, Christmas Vacation

Home Alone
I actually don't like the Hangover. The only funny part to me was Alan's wolfpack speech.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:51 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I see a lot of movies listed above that I'm not a fan of. I find Groundhog's day horribly boring and I love Bill Murray. I'm all for voting on an animated flick, but I was not impressed with Up (something to do with death, and abuse of kids and animals in a movie designed for children...I know...all Disney flicks have those components).

I do love Goodfellas, Godfather, Sixth Sense, and Shawshank.

I'll throw out a few for opinions:

The Goonies
Ghostbusters
Untouchables
My girlfriend thinks all of your movies suck (although I happen to enjoy them all). But she has terrible taste. She thinks Life with Mikey is one of the greatest works of American cinematography. That says a lot about her taste right there.

I think TNT pretty much plays the most universally-liked films all the time. So I'll go with...

Forrest Gump
Jerry Maguire
Hitch

It's impossible to not like those movies. How can you not like "I was runnnn-iiiinnggg!" or "Did you know a human head weighs 8 pounds!" or "Any man can sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom?"

Old 07-22-2010, 03:55 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times
"movies NOBODY doesn't like"??
I will take 'Bad Thread Titles" for 200, Alex.

Perhaps the OP was way too emotional when he/she started this thread?

Old 07-22-2010, 03:55 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,165,276 times
I don't know how I slept on Forrest Gump. I watched it a couple times WAY back in the day. Then I watched it earlier this year on TNT when it was on marathon (back during Oscar season). I realized that I didn't understand a lot about this movie the first time I watched it. Forrest was extremely insightful! It was and still is a very good movie. My 11 yo stayed up all night watching it, lol. It was her first time.

She watched it a couple more times over the next few days. Jenn-Nayy!

Other favorites for me are Pretty Woman, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Green Mile, and The Temptations movie.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:02 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,393,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
My girlfriend thinks all of your movies suck (although I happen to enjoy them all). But she has terrible taste. She thinks Life with Mikey is one of the greatest works of American cinematography. That says a lot about her taste right there.

I think TNT pretty much plays the most universally-liked films all the time. So I'll go with...

Forrest Gump
Jerry Maguire
Hitch

It's impossible to not like those movies. How can you not like "I was runnnn-iiiinnggg!" or "Did you know a human head weighs 8 pounds!" or "Any man can sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom?"
Boo on your GF's taste.

I also really like Forrest Gump. The other two not so much. Anything with Tom Cruise is a no-go for me (except Tropic Thunder).

Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Well Gone With The Wind was pretty big although I bet there are people who find it boring though I don't understand that
Ugh... Gone with the Wind... so boring. I watched it for the first 2 hours-- then I thought it might be over-- BUT NO! NO! It just said "flip your dvd for the next half" ANOTHER 2 HOURS! I just about died from boredom at that point.

But maybe these romantic movies aren't my thing-- as I really hated Casablanca...

I'll throw out:
Saving Private Ryan
The Little Mermaid / The Lion King / Aladdin (come on, how can you not love disney?)
The Godfather (seriously, who could not love this movie?)
All About Steve (ok this one's a joke...)

Old 07-22-2010, 04:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
I hated Forest Gump.

I hated It's a Wonderful Life.

I hated Gone with the Wind. (I know this isn't the Politics thread, but let's just say I have huge political objections to it.)

I can't stand Disney movies.

I merely disliked The Hangover.

Wizard of Oz? I guess I liked it when I was seven.

It's going to be hard to find a single movie that everyone likes. The only one I can think of that I don't think I've ever heard anyone object to is The Princess Bride. It's great for all ages. Nevertheless, I would never claim that everybody likes it.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Movies

Movies that leave you hopeful -

One comes to mind - Happyness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies