Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM

169 posts, read 159,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1Azn View Post
Napolean Dynomite
AGREE!!

not only was it stupid as hell but the characters-- all of them were just wrong ... almost creepy.

also agree w/Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. Watched both ONCE. that was enough lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 PM

247 posts, read 266,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenaiSons View Post
AGREE!!

not only was it stupid as hell but the characters-- all of them were just wrong ... almost creepy.

also agree w/Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. Watched both ONCE. that was enough lol
Hahaha, Pedro was the creepiest of them all.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM

110 posts, read 107,451 times
Crash. Easily the most overrated Best Picture winner of all time. Granted, it was a weak awards year, but Capote and Munich were both far superior.

Okay, maybe not easily, Forrest Gump is probably a close 2nd for worst Best Picture winner ever.

The Deer Hunter is also the cinematic personification of boring. There's a reason Michael Cimino never made another good movie. THAT ONE wasn't good!

Old 07-11-2011, 03:41 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,099,361 times
I was never a fan of the original Star Wars or most things Sci-Fi

Old 07-12-2011, 11:11 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBeavs View Post
Crash. Easily the most overrated Best Picture winner of all time. Granted, it was a weak awards year, but Capote and Munich were both far superior.

Okay, maybe not easily, Forrest Gump is probably a close 2nd for worst Best Picture winner ever.

The Deer Hunter is also the cinematic personification of boring. There's a reason Michael Cimino never made another good movie. THAT ONE wasn't good!
Crash was really bad and it ripped off Pulp Fiction as well. There was some good acting in it, but overall an awful film.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,197 times
"Black Swan" and Eyes Wide Shut"...why? Go figure... no, I'm not a prude!

Old 07-13-2011, 01:50 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
American Beauty. I think I'm the only one in the world who thought that movie just sucked. Bad Santa. Didn't find it funny at all and the kid was anything but cute 'n' charming. Magnolia. Boring. A Beautiful Mind. I think the problem I had with this one is that I thought the main character was a major jerk regardless of his affliction.

I didn't like Mary Poppins when I was a kid, but many, many others did.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:24 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBeavs View Post
Crash ripped off so many movies that had come before it, most notably John Sayles' City of Hope and Grand Canyon (which ripped off City of Hope ...).

Quote:
The Deer Hunter is also the cinematic personification of boring.
Ugh. As soon as I saw the characters hunting on craggy, treeless snow-topped mountains in Pennsylvania (which has mountains, but not the craggy treeless kind), I knew I was in for a bad time. The settings for so much of the rest of the movie -- the rundown steel town, etc. -- were so realistic; why were the hunting scenes so far off base?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,433,253 times
Musicals.....
You are trying to get "into" the movie, then they break into song...

Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Musicals.....
You are trying to get "into" the movie, then they break into song...
I agree--I hate almost all musicals. My one exception is Grease. But that's probably because I was around 9 when it came out and like most 9-year old girls, I got obsessed with it. As an adult, I might watch it just to bring up warm fuzzies from childhood.

But any other movie where they break into song--forget it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies