Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:41 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

‘Interstellar’ Ending & Space Travel Explained

Interesting movie, hard to follow at first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 02:34 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
I saw it tonight, and I *really* liked it. No really - like I cried a little bit at the key moments.

3 hours - note to those with small bladders and small kids

I regret seeing it on a matinee on a 'std' screen. I will go see it AGAIN, bringing someone I care deeply for, on the IMAX 3D screen. Because those really large scale space fly-bys I think will "look especially good" in IMAX 3D.

But intriguing story, the scope of which is way over most people's head. Perhaps they should stay corn/okra farmers back on earth, the rest of us got rocket ships to build. And I'll need my own personal TARS.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:36 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
I saw it tonight, and I *really* liked it. No really - like I cried a little bit at the key moments.

3 hours - note to those with small bladders and small kids

I regret seeing it on a matinee on a 'std' screen. I will go see it AGAIN, bringing someone I care deeply for, on the IMAX 3D screen. Because those really large scale space fly-bys I think will "look especially good" in IMAX 3D.

But intriguing story, the scope of which is way over most people's head. Perhaps they should stay corn/okra farmers back on earth, the rest of us got rocket ships to build. And I'll need my own personal TARS.
There is no IMAX 3D version of the movie. Just IMAX 70mm

Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
There is no IMAX 3D version of the movie. Just IMAX 70mm
how right you are, sir

Christopher Nolan talks 'Interstellar,' not using 3D and why he doesn

Old 11-17-2014, 12:23 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I just look at it and it seems dated and uninspired. One, we're moving away from global warming so maybe an ice age would have been more interesting. But even that's been done( Day After Tomorrow). And I can't take a space travel/ save mankind flick too seriously because we're probably already at least 50 years ahead of what we're supposed to have technologically with black ops, Area 51, etc. So we've probably been to Mars( which would have to be the first choice for another world) or already have a base there. That's not even assuming aliens aren't around to really give us a hand or to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:46 AM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,444 times
Loved this movie. Saw it twice, first in faux-Imax (just a bigger screen) and once in real Imax. The difference was noticeable, and the audio was perfect the second time. Highly recommend paying the extra money for the Imax experience.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Liked it a lot...touched at the end very much...a lot to digest...slow in the beginning.
I thought the previews did it harm...seeing cornfields, then a jump to Matthew with a space suit on...looked stupid to me...but it wasn't.
Excellent casting, special fx, so much conflict of human emotions...I liked it.
Michael Caine and Ellen Burstyn both 81...gee.
Good to see some TV characters being able to work the bigtime, happy for them.
Wish I could say more and ask some things.

A lot of love expressed in it.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 AM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Liked it a lot...touched at the end very much...a lot to digest...slow in the beginning.
Wish I could say more and ask some things.
I've spent two weeks reading everything online about this movie -- pretty much all questions you might have are probably answered. You could start with wired.com -- Wired magazine, which is being guest-edited by Christopher Nolan this month. It's a pretty amazing collection of articles, nicely done.
Really, a quick google search of news on Interstellar will reap a host of quality articles. I've learned so much!!!

My family and I have a video of the day tradition after dinner each night -- and it's been completely Interstellar-related for two weeks now. Everything from the behind-the-scenes of sound editing, to the science of black holes, to the fascinating documentary that McConaughey narrated, etc etc... Good stuff.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Saw the new trailer on an IMAX screen, it was attached to the early screening of Godzilla.

Synopsis from trailer:
Earth has become a dust bowel. There is no vegetation, no food, no hope for life. A group of explorers embark on an interstellar voyage to find a new home for human-kind. Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here.

Looks like this is going to be one of Christopher Nolan's greatest movies. Matthew McConaughey stars in this movie and appears to fit the role quite well. This is definitely going to be the year's best movie.
Appeared like a depressing film in the trailers so I let it go. Maybe check in once on cable.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:40 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
The film is about hope Felix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies