Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times

Advertisements

That's a bunch that's done more harm to the "thinking" of many Americans than Hollywood ever has. Let's face it, Rush Limbaugh (sportscaster) and Bill O' Reilly (entertainment reporter) have no business trying on any channel that has "News" in its name.

Let's get them out of the country!

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 11:43 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
The difference between actors and sportscasters is that actors can not air their political opinions in their work, other than the political stance the movie 'takes'.
Sportscasters can slip in their political 'bias' in any (sports) comment they make while being 'on air'.

Anywayz, does the American public has the right to determine which movie an American actor should make? It seems to me that the public can only vote on this issue with their money, but even then it is no guarantee that actors will quit making 'anti-American' movies.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
I just wish actors would stop trying to sway everyone else b/c they make a lot of money. Yes they are on tv or in movies but I'm not going to listen to their political views b/c of it. That's like all the folks who have all of a sudden decided they will vote for Obama b/c Oprah likes him! WTF???? Who is she to tell everyone to vote for him? Research and make up your own mind! You can read a book b/c Oprah says so but don't vote for a presidential candidate b/c she says so! And no, I haven't made up my mind who I'm voting for yet but that blows my mind. Sorry to highjack!

Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I just wish actors would stop trying to sway everyone else b/c they make a lot of money!
There's that old logical fallacy. If people pay attention to actors because they are rich (or any other reason) - that is NOT the fault of the actor. Blame those who are so fascinated and swayed by fame and riches.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:12 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Since the Fox News anchors are truly actors and not journalists, I think they fit this catagory. They have an ongoing campaign to assault American values, principles, the Constitution and patriotic Americans. They are an insidious and constant threat to America; however I am sure that we will prevail. What austinsmom said in her first sentence, applies.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:36 AM

98 posts, read 374,048 times
It must suck being famous and having people quote your most embarrassing ill-expressed ideas. Having said that, not all actors are "idiots." I can't think of one who isn't, but that just means I'm not well-informed about Hollywood. I had no idea, for example, that Chuck Norris was such a faschist.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper doll View Post
It must suck being famous and having people quote your most embarrassing ill-expressed ideas. Having said that, not all actors are "idiots." I can't think of one who isn't, but that just means I'm not well-informed about Hollywood. I had no idea, for example, that Chuck Norris was such a faschist.

Moderator cut: edit

Anyway, B. Frank is the only one here making any sense. You don't have to listen to what anyone famous says.

Last edited by christina0001; 03-04-2008 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: inflammatory remark

Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Wasn't Errol Flynn a Nazi sympathizer?
He wasn't!...It's thought to have came to light in a biography, That he was a sympathiser and spy, But the rumour was false.

Flynn was never "Anti-American", As he was born in Australia and became an American citizen in 1942

Old 03-13-2008, 08:06 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
He wasn't!...It's thought to have came to light in a biography, That he was a sympathiser and spy, But the rumour was false.

Flynn was never "Anti-American", As he was born in Australia and became an American citizen in 1942
I don't have a good backup - but I learned this from a trusted professor of 20th century US History...
Flynn (and some other non-celebrity types) were "sympathatic" to Hitler before what he was doing was known. That is, they saw him as a positive political force for Germany and Europe - before the atrocities came to light.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I don't have a good backup - but I learned this from a trusted professor of 20th century US History...
Flynn (and some other non-celebrity types) were "sympathatic" to Hitler before what he was doing was known. That is, they saw him as a positive political force for Germany and Europe - before the atrocities came to light.
Well, It's certainly possible that I was mistaken.....Flynn could have indeed been a Sympathiser?, But too the best of my knowledge, The biography that started the rumour was a fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies