Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

I know there is alot of them out there, such as:

Sean Penn
Madonna
Alec Baldwin
Johhny Depp
Danny Glover

Do you know of anyone else who is more anti-American?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Hate to burst your little bubble but I dont think any of those folks you mentioned are anti-American. I think you need to pay a bit more attention to the hard line religious fundamentalists in the middle east, those folks are anti-american.

The people you mentioned Im sure love America and love Americans as we all should. Just because they dont share your right leaning political views doesnt make them Anti American. I would call them Anti-this current administration, not anti American.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Why don't we throw Susan Surrandon onto your list of GREAT Americans there!

Dissent is American.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
You have Anti American organizations like the Knights of (wherever) KKK, those folks are Anti American.

Id like to know what makes you think actors are anti American. Please explain your ideaology and theories on this. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Troll alert!!! Go read Ann Coulter.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:26 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Hate to burst your little bubble but I dont think any of those folks you mentioned are anti-American. I think you need to pay a bit more attention to the hard line religious fundamentalists in the middle east, those folks are anti-american.

The people you mentioned Im sure love America and love Americans as we all should. Just because they dont share your right leaning political views doesnt make them Anti American. I would call them Anti-this current administration, not anti American.

)"Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me."-Janeane Garofalo

)"America has never paid any attention to other people, so it's absurd for Bush to say that it's all in the best interests of the Iraqi people."-Richard Gere

"Sometimes I'll be walking down the street and I'll hear some American and I'll just go, 'Of course they hate us, of course they can't stand us.' We're the most annoying, boisterous creatures in the world. I mean we come in and we eat mounds of food, and we're like, 'Where's the kaachup [sic] for our French fries.'-Kate Hudson

Yep---sure sounds like a lot of love there

Old 01-06-2008, 07:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Don't know anyone or anything more anti-America than the Bush administration.

Actors/celebrities didn't give up their citizenship when they chose their careers.

A good American pulls their head out and is aware, vigilant, questioning, critical, and should never be afraid to voice their opinion...it's their duty if they love America.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:16 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Don't know anyone or anything more anti-America than the Bush administration.

Actors/celebrities didn't give up their citizenship when they chose their careers.

A good American pulls their head out and is aware, vigilant, questioning, critical, and should never be afraid to voice their opinion...it's their duty if they love America.
I agree !!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 AM

278 posts, read 910,376 times
I think anyone who forms their political ideals based on what someone in HollyWeirdWood says is kind of retarded anyway. Who wants someone who plays in a soap opera or plays the guitar to tell them how to believe? I think people who are too lazy to search out their own opinions are the the same people who are too lazy to stand in an election line and vote.

As for the thread question, just because someone doesn't share my same opinions doesn't make them anti-American. I think our differences of opinion is exactly what DOES make us great Americans. We balance each other out in a really wonderful way.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:47 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
)"Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me."-Janeane Garofalo

)"America has never paid any attention to other people, so it's absurd for Bush to say that it's all in the best interests of the Iraqi people."-Richard Gere

"Sometimes I'll be walking down the street and I'll hear some American and I'll just go, 'Of course they hate us, of course they can't stand us.' We're the most annoying, boisterous creatures in the world. I mean we come in and we eat mounds of food, and we're like, 'Where's the kaachup [sic] for our French fries.'-Kate Hudson

Yep---sure sounds like a lot of love there

Who knew Kate Hudson could be so smart??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies