Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 04:42 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,552,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
By z few years and I admitted that. The issue is many people have Simpsons did it memory.

I meant that the fact that's she immortal I don't remember the comics ever saying how old she was though. Maybe it's just never been touched on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 01:16 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,626,473 times
THE TRAILER IS HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM

Old 07-23-2016, 01:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,552,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post

Just watched it on You Tube looks great can't wait to see it!

Old 07-23-2016, 01:31 PM

Hell, yeah!

Old 07-23-2016, 05:33 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,307,608 times
Back in 1961 a friend gave me a box, about two feet on a side, half full of comics books he'd already read. (His mom demanded a thinning, I think.) I read most of them but just couldn't get interested in Wonder Woman. The previews suggest my opinion might change. But I've been fooled before.

And that box of comic books is still in my basement.

Just kidding.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:12 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,977 times
Quote:
I've watched it a dozen times. So much yes. I'm so, so excited. *happy dance*

Old 07-25-2016, 08:40 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
This trailer removes some doubts of the First Avenger knock-off but that wasn't going to keep me away from it. Nice action and at least the Golden Lasso has the same CGI from its debut in Batman V. Superman.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This trailer removes some doubts of the First Avenger knock-off but that wasn't going to keep me away from it. Nice action and at least the Golden Lasso has the same CGI from its debut in Batman V. Superman.
I think the only thing the two films will have in common are the words "World War" and "Germans." Everything else will be different. There's a lot more to Wonder Woman than Captain America. We'll have scenes within Themyscira (I imagine the film begins and ends there.) We also saw no glimpses of any superpowered foes Diana may face. We don't know Elena Anaya's role yet (she's the actress in the creepy flesh mask). There are other actors with unidentified roles. I expect at some point we'll see Ares. This film takes place early in Diana's "career," where she doesn't know the full range of her powers.

The cinematography is stellar, IMHO. That's one area where the DCEU has a leg up over the MCU.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
I think the only thing the two films will have in common are the words "World War" and "Germans." Everything else will be different. There's a lot more to Wonder Woman than Captain America. We'll have scenes within Themyscira (I imagine the film begins and ends there.) We also saw no glimpses of any superpowered foes Diana may face. We don't know Elena Anaya's role yet (she's the actress in the creepy flesh mask). There are other actors with unidentified roles. I expect at some point we'll see Ares. This film takes place early in Diana's "career," where she doesn't know the full range of her powers.

The cinematography is stellar, IMHO. That's one area where the DCEU has a leg up over the MCU.

Cinematography was great and similar in The First Avenger too. But remember that and $0.50 gets you on the subway. It's normally an aspect of film people overlook. That is really an underrated movie. This does look like a more real to war depicition but as I mentioned, it has to follow a Marvel movie that did a similar tone and concept. It is a hurdle for Wonder Woman to jump. Don't get me wrong, the Greek touches and the Amazon's of Themyscira is an original touch, but is it enough to leave the comparisons in the dust? Only time will tell.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:43 PM

22,925 posts, read 28,302,797 times
Quote:
Agreed. As unimpressed as I was with Man of Steel and what I have seen so far of BvS (having to force myself to keep watching at this point), I will be the first to admit that the cinematography is really impressive in parts.

But I am a long-time lover of David Lean and Sergio Leone, so I'm a sucker for pretty landscapes. DCEU seems to like them as well, and they enjoy a richer color palette than Marvel has so far. Even when Marvel had the chance to do some great landscapes (like the first Captain America movie), they opted for sets and CGI instead. It's a far inferior product when it comes to cinematography. Even with TV, the Marvel shows on Netflix are doing a better job with filming NYC than any of the movies have done so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies