Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 09:29 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,412,676 times

Advertisements

Saw it tonight. The best moment was an in joke. Remember Young Frankenstein? Remember the bookcase scene? Remember the way Teri Garr said "Put zee candle BECK!"? Scotty channeled that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:32 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Bones is the best part. Urban is great.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:53 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Bones is the best part. Urban is great.
I've never forgiven him for killing Jason Bourne's girl friend. #moviemashup

Old 07-29-2016, 07:55 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
Yes....Urban is a talented actor. He really sold that role.

Going to be a lot of Bourne buzz real soon. I own all of them. Some people seem almost bourne to play a role?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post

Last edited by ColoGuy; 07-29-2016 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Well played, sir.

Bourne is sitting at a %57 on Rotten right now. Not at all what i was expecting. I'm still going to see it, though. Because Damon.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:22 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Karl Urban also kicked major ass as Judge Dredd.

But back to Star Trek Beyond.

Okay, the story itself is nothing earthshattering. But I liked this installment a helluva lot more than Into Darkness, which had an even more "stock" feeling plot.

And I didn't mind the Krall twist at all.

What I liked about Star Trek Beyond were the CGI (Yorktown), the villain (Idris Elba as Krall), the ships, the sets (which were vastly better this time around), and Sofia Boutella's Jaylah. Also, a satisfying resolution. The Star Wars-isms were still there, but this time the Trek-isms weighed in more heavily.

What I didn't like was the obligatory inclusion of 20-century music AGAIN. One of the two songs was the same one AGAIN. And the other one was a complete WTF moment. But whatever.

But Beyond is oodles better than the last one, which proved one extremely popular actor cannot save a movie.

And yes, that closing time-lapse moment was superb. Please make another Trek movie and drop all the Star Wars-isms.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:20 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
The movie was okay but I liked the prior Star Trek movie better.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:35 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
I try to almost ignore the ratings of the critics....I should anyway. Sometimes they like really painful movies. Sometimes they reject really fun movies. I mostly want quality entertainment.

The Bourne series is not made of the stuff that critics tend to like. Looking forward to the audience ratings here.

I just can't see them turning out crap for a series that makes so much money. Of course....it would not be the first time that a series did a face plant.

I think they paid very serious big bucks to bring Damon back....just a hunch.

You know....this is one movie that Damon does not get rescued in. In fact...the opposite is the goal. One may start to wonder if Damon prefers movies that focus on Damon? Is that a possibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Well played, sir.

Bourne is sitting at a %57 on Rotten right now. Not at all what i was expecting. I'm still going to see it, though. Because Damon.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:07 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Karl Urban also kicked major ass as Judge Dredd.
And he tried to turn Jarvis into a vampire.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:49 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There were two things I did like about that, though. One, they showed those ships to be amazingly tough birds, even the old ones.

Two, they showed automation used to build new ones very quickly (I don't think that was intended to be all time-lapse photography).

BTW, I noted the reference to "Enterprise"--Krall mentioned that he'd fought the Xindi. There was also a passing reference to "Who Mourns for Adonis."
Throughout Trek, especially the Dominion War you had the feeling that starships had to go up like Liberty Ships, volunteers to crew them must be the only limiting factor as this Kirk was pulled from the academy for an earlier mobilization.
Also the Enterprise reference that Krall was a M.A.C.O. and while Enterprise series didn't get to it the Romulan War before Starfleet absorbed the soldiers into their ranks in the prime and now this Trekverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies