Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 07:30 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
Neomorphs begin as a microscopic spore that functions as an airborne contagion, whereas xenonoprhs begin as an arachnid-esque creature. Neomorphs are more feral and less intelligent than xenomoprhs. I think the neomorph is a much scarier and interesting concept than the xenomorph. Plus they are more humanoid
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
It's only important to reach the xenomorph stage because that's thee Alien.
Well, I guess that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
Hey I still like replying to you. I can tell you where the Covenant sequel should go...in the garbage can unless they get a new director/producer other than Scott.
Okay, but did you or anyone else read the interesting(yet long) article that I quoted in my post #138?

Okay, I know that the answer is no, therefore, I'll summarize the highlights of that article.

"Prometheus co-writer Damon Lindelof has some ideas about where the sequel to Alien: Covenant will go." And which is probably what I should have started my quote with. Therefore, since this is AC's co-writer's point of view, it's probably very likely that these ideas may come into fruition in the next installment of this prequel. But Lindelof said that the Engineers would probably make another appearance in the next movie(yeh! ) and shared some ideas Ridley Scott gave him as far as where they might be going with the series:
“I think that one of the conversations that we had at the end of Prometheus is, Shaw and David have basically locked in on the coordinates of the planet where the Engineers came from. What does that place look like? Ridley called it ‘Paradise’. What happens when they land on that planet? It doesn’t feel like they’ve gotten there yet in Covenant, Covenant felt like it maybe was a detour prior to them arriving at the place of origin so I don’t want to spoil any place that he might still be wanting to go, but the conversations that he and I had about where the story goes next were largely about the place where the Engineers were from and less the events of Covenant.
Also, Lindelof is suggesting that “Paradise” in AC might not have been the Engineers’ home-world, but was merely an outpost. And which would make more sense from the way that the Engineers behaved in the flashback where they were all standing in awe of the single ship hovering over their city. And if this is an outpost, then it makes more sense that they were not expecting this ship to show up.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:21 AM

475 posts, read 648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Okay, but did you or anyone else read the interesting(yet long) article that I quoted in my post #138?

Okay, I know that the answer is no, therefore, I'll summarize the highlights of that article.

"Prometheus co-writer Damon Lindelof has some ideas about where the sequel to Alien: Covenant will go." And which is probably what I should have started my quote with. Therefore, since this is AC's co-writer's point of view, it's probably very likely that these ideas may come into fruition in the next installment of this prequel. But Lindelof said that the Engineers would probably make another appearance in the next movie(yeh! ) and shared some ideas Ridley Scott gave him as far as where they might be going with the series:
“I think that one of the conversations that we had at the end of Prometheus is, Shaw and David have basically locked in on the coordinates of the planet where the Engineers came from. What does that place look like? Ridley called it ‘Paradise’. What happens when they land on that planet? It doesn’t feel like they’ve gotten there yet in Covenant, Covenant felt like it maybe was a detour prior to them arriving at the place of origin so I don’t want to spoil any place that he might still be wanting to go, but the conversations that he and I had about where the story goes next were largely about the place where the Engineers were from and less the events of Covenant.
Also, Lindelof is suggesting that “Paradise” in AC might not have been the Engineers’ home-world, but was merely an outpost. And which would make more sense from the way that the Engineers behaved in the flashback where they were all standing in awe of the single ship hovering over their city. And if this is an outpost, then it makes more sense that they were not expecting this ship to show up.
Yeah, I am not "feeling" it. I will wait to see how this board reacts to the next movie before even consider going to view it. I have no faith that Ridley (and/or Lindelof) can create a movie worthy of the first tow (heck 4 for that matter) Alien movies. So color me doubtful on this venture.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:55 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
AC was thrash. It was similar to Prometheus. The movie was good until it reached a certain point.

In Prometheus, the movie got sloppy and bad when they brought back the Alien head to the ship and reanimate it. After that, the movie was rushed and it lost the plot.

In AC, the movie got sloppy and bad when they were saved by David. Too many holes in the movie about the engineers, David living there for so long, Elizabeth Shaw, the xenomorphs, aliens, etc. Ridley is destroying a franchise by making mediocre movies in which he loses the plot at a certain point in the movie.

This movie would have been great if it would have been about:

Act 1: Shaw and David meeting the "good" engineers on an outpost. The "good" engineers show their way of life to David and Shaw, their philosophy, etc. Without their knowledge, the "good" engineers advise the "advanced" engineers of their human visitors and this is where **** gets crazy.

Act 2: The "advanced" engineers visit the original planet of Prometheus discover that those engineers failed at their mission to destroy Earth and go to the outpost to question Shaw and David. The "advanced" engineers imprison David and Shaw. One of the "good" engineers decides to free David and Shaw so they could escape and go back to Earth to warn them. During their escape, Shaw is able to send a distress signal back to Earth. She explains what happen to the crew of Prometheus, about the engineers and their plan to destroy earth, etc. As she and David are trying to find their spaceship to escape, Shaw is killed by an "advanced" engineer.

Act 3: David is enraged by this devises a plan to kill all the engineers (good and bad). He finds a building that has black goo and starts unleashing the black goo on the planet. This starts infecting some of the engineers which starts killing them one by one creating a different xenomorph. David intrigued by this starts creating the perfect xenomorph. (the creator of his creator and his creator are dead;thus, making him now a Creator)

End Credits. Then we see the reaction on Earth from Shaw's message. Weyland and the Earth military are prepping for war and you see a space armada being assembled. The "advanced" engineers from the real home world are not receiving a response from the team that was sent to the outpost. They feel that something is wrong and see that a message was sent to Earth and review the message. They know that Earth might come to the outpost to start some **** so they prepare their own armada.

Next movie = Alien Icarus - the war between creator and destroyer....

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 06-25-2017 at 03:27 PM..

Old 06-25-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
AC was thrash. It was similar to Prometheus. The movie was good until it reached a certain point.

In Prometheus, the movie got sloppy and bad when they brought back the Alien head to the ship and reanimate it. After that, the movie was rushed and it lost the plot.

In AC, the movie got sloppy and bad when they were saved by David. Too many holes in the movie about the engineers, David living there for so long, Elizabeth Shaw, the xenomorphs, aliens, etc. Ridley is destroying a franchise by making mediocre movies in which he loses the plot at a certain point in the movie.

This movie would have been great if it would have been about:

Act 1: Shaw and David meeting the "good" engineers on an outpost. The "good" engineers show their way of life to David and Shaw, their philosophy, etc. Without their knowledge, the "good" engineers advise the "advanced" engineers of their human visitors and this is where **** gets crazy.

Act 2: The "advanced" engineers visit the original planet of Prometheus discover that those engineers failed at their mission to destroy Earth and go to the outpost to question Shaw and David. The "advanced" engineers imprison David and Shaw. One of the "good" engineers decides to free David and Shaw so they could escape and go back to Earth to warn them. During their escape, Shaw is able to send a distress signal back to Earth. She explains what happen to the crew of Prometheus, about the engineers and their plan to destroy earth, etc. As she and David are trying to find their spaceship to escape, Shaw is killed by an "advanced" engineer.

Act 3: David is enraged by this devises a plan to kill all the engineers (good and bad). He finds a building that has black goo and starts unleashing the black goo on the planet. This starts infecting some of the engineers which starts killing them one by one creating a different xenomorph. David intrigued by this starts creating the perfect xenomorph. (the creator of his creator and his creator are dead;thus, making him now a Creator)

End Credits. Then we see the reaction on Earth from Shaw's message. Weyland and the Earth military are prepping for war and you see a space armada being assembled. The "advanced" engineers from the real home world are not receiving a response from the team that was sent to the outpost. They feel that something is wrong and see that a message was sent to Earth and review the message. They know that Earth might come to the outpost to start some **** so they prepare their own armada.

Next movie = Alien Icarus - the war between creator and destroyer....
Nice storyline ideas, however it doesn't come close to fitting the role of the prequel to Alien. Did you forget about that? The next movie must end on LV426 with the downed engineer ship and pilot showing that a chestburster had exploded from it. Oh and with hundreds of eggs in the ship as well. Otherwise this entire trilogy is a joke, which it actually is 2/3rds of the way to

Old 06-26-2017, 03:29 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Why is there one city in the home planet of such an advanced race? Earth has numerous settlements. I would think that the engineer's planet looks like Coruscant.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Why is there one city in the home planet of such an advanced race? Earth has numerous settlements. I would think that the engineer's planet looks like Coruscant.
I don't know if you read my posts, but I touched on that in my post #162.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:41 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Quote:
I don't know if you read my posts, but I touched on that in my post #162.
Thanks! I missed that part.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Thanks! I missed that part.
No problem. Glad that I was able to help.

Also, for anyone still interested, it's now being said that the Engineers did not create humans:

Quote:
Still thinking the Engineers were the ones who created the Xenomorph? Think again. In a new interview with Alien: Covenant director Ridley Scott, it is confirmed that the Engineers did NOT in fact create the biomechanical monster of our nightmares. As Scott puts it:
"So we've reinvented the idea of Alien, I think, which is that Covenant gets us a step closer to who and why was this thing designed to make human beings. And if you think it's them [the Engineers], you're dead wrong."
That leaves us with - who DID create the Xenomorph and more importantly, who created Humanity?! These concepts are the focus of Scott's new direction for the franchise, the Alien itself is merely a pawn in a much larger game, if you will. Below you will find information which we were provided with, concerning the Engineer, Human and Xenomorph dynamic. Please be warned, the following may contain spoilers.
Engineers did NOT create Humanity or the Xenomorph - Alien: Covenant Movie News

Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
No problem. Glad that I was able to help.

Also, for anyone still interested, it's now being said that the Engineers did not create humans:

Engineers did NOT create Humanity or the Xenomorph - Alien: Covenant Movie News
I think it is a sad state of affairs when the Producer/Director and writers have to tell their movie's story on Youtube or in online forums, and not during the actual movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies