Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 08:01 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,977,161 times

Advertisements

They sure do space these things out. Any interesting buzz going on?

Cavil plays an assassin in this summers Mission Impossible...which is looking pretty good in the previews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 08:24 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,908,599 times
Marvel is on too strong of a role right now. Black Panther, Infinity War, and now Deadpool 2. Given DC’s recent flops, they are probably waiting for Marvel to cool down before they put out another film. I have been waiting for Man of Steel 2 for years, as I really liked the first one and they have a good actor in Henry Cavill. I wish DC had worked on that instead of Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, and the Justice League garbage they put out.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:37 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,083,515 times
The only two Superman movies I like are the first two. I don't think they will be able to capture that magic again, and not even looking forward to another one.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Marvel is on too strong of a role right now. Black Panther, Infinity War, and now Deadpool 2. Given DC’s recent flops, they are probably waiting for Marvel to cool down before they put out another film. I have been waiting for Man of Steel 2 for years, as I really liked the first one and they have a good actor in Henry Cavill. I wish DC had worked on that instead of Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, and the Justice League garbage they put out.

Cavil as Superman is money in the bank unless they find a way to screw it up in a colossal way.

Batman vs Superman was just a retarded idea though I think it made money.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:16 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,637,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Cavil as Superman is money in the bank unless they find a way to screw it up in a colossal way.

Batman vs Superman was just a retarded idea though I think it made money.
A Batman/Superman film had been planned more than a decade earlier.

Quote:
In one scene in the deserted street, a billboard can be seen with a large Batman and Superman logo superimposed over each other, and the date "5-15-10." This is an in-joke at the expense of screenwriter Akiva Goldsman. Goldsman did script rewrites for a "Batman Versus Superman" project in 2002. This was just one of the countless attempts to revive the Superman franchise that culminated in the release of Superman Returns (2006). It would not be until 2016 that Superman and Batman would share the silver screen together in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). Will Smith later played Deadshot in Suicide Squad (2016), which takes place in the DC Extended Universe of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016).
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249...a?ref_=tt_ql_2

For the record, Batman and Superman have stood in opposition numerous times in the comics. BvS draws heavily on their conflict as depicted by Frank Miller in The Dark Knight Falls.

Quote:
"We could have changed the world. Now...look at us. I've become...a political liability...and you...you're a joke. I want you...to remember, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember...my hand...at your throat. I want...you to remember...the one man who beat you."
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Vol 1 4 | DC Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Old 05-20-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
They sure do space these things out. Any interesting buzz going on?

Cavil plays an assassin in this summers Mission Impossible...which is looking pretty good in the previews.
Superman will likely show up in Shazam! which arrives next year.

A direct sequel to Man of Steel has been in development for a while, but no details have emerged. I wouldn't expect one before late 2020.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,575,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post

As I go back and watch JL it wasn’t terrible but it was very rushed. Batman VS Superman had more potential and could of been MUCH better

[quote=ColoGuy;51946618]Cavil as Superman is money in the bank unless they find a way to screw it up in a colossal way.

Cavil is a good choice for Superman I wasn’t sure at first but he was the clear choice.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:55 AM

Justice League wasn't rushed. They, meaning the studio, decided to make a different movie after they viewed the rough cut. They wanted something tonally dissimilar to what came before it because they were thinking about box office and little else (though Batman v Superman grossed 873 million). How poetic that the movie didn't even clear 100 million its first weekend. That's what they get for bringing on another guy and handing him a set of Ginsu knives.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:06 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,575,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Justice League wasn't rushed. They, meaning the studio, decided to make a different movie after they viewed the rough cut. They wanted something tonally dissimilar to what came before it because they were thinking about box office and little else (though Batman v Superman grossed 873 million). How poetic that the movie didn't even clear 100 million its first weekend. That's what they get for bringing on another guy and handing him a set of Ginsu knives.
It was rushed in the sense that they didn’t take the time to interduce characters like Aquaman and Cyborg. Marvel did which is why they are doing better at the box office. IMO, Wonder Woman is still there best hit as long as they don’t screw that up.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It was rushed in the sense that they didn’t take the time to interduce characters like Aquaman and Cyborg. Marvel did which is why they are doing better at the box office. IMO, Wonder Woman is still there best hit as long as they don’t screw that up.
Yes....Wonder Woman has legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies