Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times

Advertisements

I think it's a great idea that we can discuss it. Thanks for starting the thread.
Anyone else wanna slap Miranda's face more than once during the movie?
I swear it's so hard to like her.
Carrie Bradshaw should nor wear her hair pulled up. Makes her too severe. She looks softer when her hair is down and flowing. When she wore The dress in the Vogue pic, her hair was down and she looked awesome. On her wedding day-yikes!! I was like omg Carrie take your hair down!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
Well the point of saying "spoiler alert" is that we can discuss this with warning- so people don't read if they don't want to hear plot discussions. I'll start. I thought the story with Big and Carrie was predictable. I actually had Charlette as my favorite for the movie! She's not ususally.

ok, I changed the title of this thread so that nobody can be surprised if they hear parts of the plot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 PM

197 posts, read 668,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think it's a great idea that we can discuss it. Thanks for starting the thread.
Anyone else wanna slap Miranda's face more than once during the movie?
I swear it's so hard to like her.
Carrie Bradshaw should nor wear her hair pulled up. Makes her too severe. She looks softer when her hair is down and flowing. When she wore The dress in the Vogue pic, her hair was down and she looked awesome. On her wedding day-yikes!! I was like omg Carrie take your hair down!!
I agree the blue bird on her head was a little too excentric for a wedding look. Also, I think her make up was too strong for a day ceremony.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:32 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I just saw Cynthia Nixon on a British chat show and evidently she is gay, living with a woman. I had no idea. Good for her.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:56 AM

15 posts, read 15,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I just saw Cynthia Nixon on a British chat show and evidently she is gay, living with a woman. I had no idea. Good for her.

She actually was in a relationship with a man possibly married (?) to him and has two kids with him before meeting her current girlfriend Christine Marinoni, a New York state education activist. They've been together for 4 years now and plan on getting married last I heard.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 AM

15 posts, read 15,194 times
I liked the movie, however I have to say her actually going through with the wedding after what happen really kinda pissed me off. I know the point of Carrie and Big is that not matter what they go back to each other, but the one person who I thought would have been better was Adian.. I was hoping something would happen between Carrie and Big, and Adian would somehow come back in the picture and Carrie would be with him.. I should have known lol. Smantha I thought was great, very funny and the ending was perfect for her. I don't feel like Charlotte had a big enough roll in the movie, however she didnt' have much going on. I love Miranda, I think she's the most "real" of the characters and I really liked her roll and steves in it. That was unpredictable esp because in the show he tried so hard to get her. Overall the movie was great, it wasn't what I thought it would be but it was by no means terrible and I will definetly buy it on DVD

Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Yes, thats what I heard her say on the show. She also stated she was with her boyfriend for 15 years. I don't think they ever married.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times
I saw the movie last night and absolutely love...loved....loved it! I did not want it to end......

Old 06-01-2008, 09:28 AM

197 posts, read 668,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plmtrz_plz View Post
I liked the movie, however I have to say her actually going through with the wedding after what happen really kinda pissed me off. I know the point of Carrie and Big is that not matter what they go back to each other, but the one person who I thought would have been better was Adian.. I was hoping something would happen between Carrie and Big, and Adian would somehow come back in the picture and Carrie would be with him.. I should have known lol. Smantha I thought was great, very funny and the ending was perfect for her. I don't feel like Charlotte had a big enough roll in the movie, however she didnt' have much going on. I love Miranda, I think she's the most "real" of the characters and I really liked her roll and steves in it. That was unpredictable esp because in the show he tried so hard to get her. Overall the movie was great, it wasn't what I thought it would be but it was by no means terrible and I will definetly buy it on DVD
Ok...since you spelt the beans I am ready to continue (I didn't want to be the 1st )
About the juicy details....I think that's the reason she married in secret, I don't think after all the suffering they all went through toguether as friends none of them would allow her (Carrie) to marry Big. After leaving her at right at the door I don't think I would ever see him again. I would rather be single but with dignity.
I think Adian would be the perfect partner for her but he's already married. I love that guy, , he was my favorite througout the series.
IMO Samantha got the best role, she was the one with the better outcome.
I can go on, but I'd wait for others to participate...I think I have short memory

Last edited by charlottere; 06-01-2008 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,248,774 times
I also wanted to smack Miranda.... I'm glad she got her act together!!!

Well, in Big's defense, he did try to immediately come back and marry her but she (understandably) beat his with the flowers. By the way WTF was up with the bird/makeup during the wedding?!?!? Come on Carrie!!!

I love how Stanford and Anthony kissed! HA!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
Holy crap, I have been looking for spoilers for months now for this freakin movie but no one will spill!! LOL
I decided to look one last time and came across the holy grail of spoilers on Wikipedia....man I love that site.

Here is a link, but beware its gives ALOT of detail. Sex and the City: The Movie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you, thank you, thank you for that link, cmj! I'd hug you if I could! I would have liked to have seen Adian back too. He was my very favorite. I was a big "Northern Exposure" geek!

A "sexually frustrated dog"?? Eeewwww...I hope I am thinking very bad thoughts! Gives new meaning to "dog germs" made popular in "Hill Street Blues".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies